sharetrader
Page 62 of 129 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Sounds worse than I thought

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...privilege.html

I didn't think there would have been enough selfish wealthy people to boost ACTs numbers. Sounds like we have plenty of crazy conspiracy theorists though.
    And here we go, like clock-work; ‘selfish’ and ‘wealthy’.
    Hackneyed marxist stereotyping & ‘the politics of envy’ well and truly in evidence.

Make no mistake: the Left-wing and the media are very, very concerned about the popularity of ACT.
    ACT have committed the cardinal sins of 1/ pushing back on the core racist and divisive agenda of the Left and 2/ pushing back on Labours creation of a bloated, unproductive bureaucracy which is engaged in the wasting of billions and billions of dollars.
    For these two reasons, ACT will be relentlessly attacked by the Left and the media for the next 8 weeks.

Guru

Sounds worse than I thought

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...privilege.html

I didn't think there would have been enough selfish wealthy people to boost ACTs numbers. Sounds like we have plenty of crazy conspiracy theorists though.
    Add in some farmers who don't really believe Luxon who spent 20 years in overseas cities speaks for them.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    And here we go, like clock-work; ‘selfish’ and ‘wealthy’.
    Hackneyed marxist stereotyping & ‘the politics of envy’ well and truly in evidence.
    Perhaps you struggle with comprehension. I am suggesting most rich people are not selfish.

But like any crazy conspiracy theorist you just believe what you want. It is probably just the paid Labour media trying to besmirch ACT.

Guru

Perhaps you struggle with comprehension. I am suggesting most rich people are not selfish.
    That has been my experience as well. I know many many poor people who are selfish. I think wealth does not make one selfish.

You are or you are not irrespective of means.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    That has been my experience as well. I know many many poor people who are selfish. I think wealth does not make one selfish.

You are or you are not irrespective of means.
    The left in NZ is hell bent upon making profit a dirty word and being wealthy a sign of selfishness and exploitation.

Look at the way that Labour went after property owners and rental owners while at the same time, showing how as a government they have no clue how to provide proper housing solutions, turning a crisis into a disaster.

Proving again that Labour is all about : "Study hard, work hard and save hard so we can take from you to give to those who do not."

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    The extraordinary thing is, well to me anyway, that is all a true story, I wasn't making that up. I was in disbelief, but some ordinary nice people are being radicalised into some extreme views.

But sorry I didn't mean any offence & not suggesting you have ever said those things.
    I have to disagree strongly though with your assertion the govt bribed the media. The govt has supported all sorts of organisations through the pandemic.
    All the proof you need from Megan Woods spelling out how the government is propagandising TVNZ. Oh, and this is extra to the earlier 105 million dollar bribe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZu55jNoM-E

Guru

If the media are on the rampage to try and take down ACT…..then ACT must be doing something right. As the NZ Herald lose themselves in an orgy of self-congratulation over (aussie) cartoonist Rod Emmerson putting in a 20 year shift at their paper, he celebrated himself today with a typically vicious attack on David Seymour and ACT. It was drawn in his trade-mark ugly ‘style’, a real assault on the eye-balls; Minhinnick and Low would be appalled at the execrable stuff Emmerson produces.
    Karma is coming for these attack dogs of the left - all that will be achieved is that people thinking of voting for ACT will become absolutely determined to do so.

If the media are on the rampage to try and take down ACT…..then ACT must be doing something right. As the NZ Herald lose themselves in an orgy of self-congratulation over (aussie) cartoonist Rod Emmerson putting in a 20 year shift at their paper, he celebrated himself today with a typically vicious attack on David Seymour and ACT. It was drawn in his trade-mark ugly ‘style’, a real assault on the eye-balls; Minhinnick and Low would be appalled at the execrable stuff Emmerson produces.
    Karma is coming for these attack dogs of the left - all that will be achieved is that people thinking of voting for ACT will become absolutely determined to do so.
    Herald can stick their subscription where the sun don't shine as long as they continue down the left path. No wonder profit is down.

Permanent Newbie

Was that the flies to sh*t analogy? I thought it was funny but I can see how some people might be hurt or take offence. But I didn't think the people he was making fun of tended to be sensitive snow flake types. Comparing David Seymour to a pile of sh*t might also be taking things too far. But funny none the less.

Maybe it is a reaction to ACTs tax policy, that seems pretty mean to me.
    Last edited by Aaron; 26-08-2023 at 03:54 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Herald can stick their subscription where the sun don't shine as long as they continue down the left path. No wonder profit is down.
    The NZ Herald and Stuff won’t be getting so much as a single cent from me. All they do is assist the Left in stoking division in society, then heavily gaslight those that call them and the Left out on it.