sharetrader
Page 63 of 129 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

Seymour is a whack job as far as I am concerned. His latest claim that Nelson Mandala would support ACT if he were still alive, is nothing short of embarrassing. Mandela’s grandson has come out and publicly stated that would most definitely would not have been the case.

Seymour just plucks random nonsense out of thin air at times. Looks like a complete dick.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Was that the flies to sh*t analogy? I thought it was funny but I can see how some people might be hurt or take offence. But I didn't think the people he was making fun of tended to be sensitive snow flake types. Comparing David Seymour to a pile of sh*t might also be taking things too far. But funny none the less.

Maybe it is a reaction to ACTs tax policy, that seems pretty mean to me.
    That was the Body cartoon. The Body cartoon was the one where the flies are following sh*t (Seymour). One fly was rigged out in the white robes and hood of the KKK.

The Emmerson cartoon was the one where Seymour is sitting in a locker room surrounded by muppets and various luminaries such as Frankensteins monster - these apparently representing the people on ACT’s list.

You might find these reprehensible attacks ‘funny’, but many will not. Opening a widely circulating newspaper and finding multiple cartoons denigrating one politician and party is not anything like the fair and balanced media we should be entitled to in this country.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Perhaps you struggle with comprehension. I am suggesting most rich people are not selfish.

But like any crazy conspiracy theorist you just believe what you want. It is probably just the paid Labour media trying to besmirch ACT.
    And I know quite a number of wealthy to extremely wealthy people. One common characteristic that I have noticed is their generosity. Another is a sense of humour.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Seymour is a whack job as far as I am concerned. His latest claim that Nelson Mandala would support ACT if he were still alive, is nothing short of embarrassing. Mandela’s grandson has come out and publicly stated that would most definitely would not have been the case.

Seymour just plucks random nonsense out of thin air at times. Looks like a complete dick.
    So how did ‘Mandela’s grandson’ suddenly hone in on NZ politics with a laser-like focus? Only because our left wing media went and rung his bell.
    You were never going to vote for Seymour anyway, so the media are only feeding your existing cognitive bias.

I have no idea how Mandala's grandson caught wind of it, but that's completely irrelevant anyway. My point is, why would Seymour even make a stupid comment like that? Why bring Mandala into the conversation in the first place? It was a very random, strange thing to say in my opinion.

As for your second statement - you need to get off my case. You know perfectly well (at least you would if you read my posts properly) that I did consider voting for ACT - but when I started looking into their philosophy and policies, realised they were not an option for me. You have zero tolerance for anyone who disagrees with you, not unlike your buddy Balance.

The problem with many here is, you don't actually want a "discussion." You just want to thrash anyone who isn't as right wing as you. Grow up and be an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    So how did ‘Mandela’s grandson’ suddenly hone in on NZ politics with a laser-like focus? Only because our left wing media went and rung his bell.
    You were never going to vote for Seymour anyway, so the media are only feeding your existing cognitive bias.

Guru

I have no idea how Mandala's grandson caught wind of it, but that's completely irrelevant anyway. My point is, why would Seymour even make a stupid comment like that? Why bring Mandala into the conversation in the first place? It was a very random, strange thing to say in my opinion.

As for your second statement - you need to get off my case. You know perfectly well (at least you would if you read my posts properly) that I did consider voting for ACT - but when I started looking into their philosophy and policies, realised they were not an option for me. You have zero tolerance for anyone who disagrees with you, not unlike your buddy Balance.

The problem with many here is, you don't actually want a "discussion." You just want to thrash anyone who isn't as right wing as you. Grow up and be an adult.
    He brought Mandela into it because Mandela opposed the race based Apartheid system in South Africa, and Seymour is opposing the race based separatism that is increasingly being rolled out here in New Zealand.

While on the subject of ‘trashing’ others, let’s take a second look at how you view Seymour:
    ‘Seymour just plucks random nonsense out of thin air at times. Looks like a complete dick.’
    Last edited by Logen Ninefingers; 26-08-2023 at 04:45 PM.

Seymour was dead right about Mandela being revolted by the racist agenda of the left in New Zealand. Having spent many years in South Africa in the seventies, I've witnessed first hand the appalling outcome we are well on the way to embedding with our disregard for democracy. Kweku Mandela was 9 years old when Nelson Mandela became president. He also grew up in America. His opinion about democracy in New Zealand is not worth much.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ithaka View Post
    Seymour was dead right about Mandela being revolted by the racist agenda of the left in New Zealand. Having spent many years in South Africa in the seventies, I've witnessed first hand the appalling outcome we are well on the way to embedding with our disregard for democracy. Kweku Mandela was 9 years old when Nelson Mandela became president. He also grew up in America. His opinion about democracy in New Zealand is not worth much.
    You’re an independent thinker, and as such you’ll be an early candidate for the gulags in the coming ‘Social Democratic Republic of Aotearoa’.

If you seriously believe the situation here is even remotely the same as apartheid in South Africa, you are delusional. But before you jump down my throat, I agree that we currently have some major race related issues in this country. Of course, I see those as issues completely differently to what you do, and I have no desire to debate that. As for Seymour, the more I watch of him, the more I see a "player" who is attempting to use this kind of association with Mandela, to play to voter's emotions and suck them into the ACT void. His comments did make him look like a dick. You may disagree and that is your right.

I do not personally know any of these politicians. So all I have to go on, in what I see of them in the media, what I hear them say publicly, and what I see that they have done/achieved over time. I do not like what I see with Seymour. I do not trust him, and I think he and ACT will be a real danger in a NAT/ACT coalition.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    He brought Mandela into it because Mandela opposed the race based Apartheid system in South Africa, and Seymour is opposing the race based separatism that is increasingly being rolled out here in New Zealand.

While on the subject of ‘trashing’ others, let’s take a second look at how you view Seymour:
    ‘Seymour just plucks random nonsense out of thin air at times. Looks like a complete dick.’

If you seriously believe the situation here is even remotely the same as apartheid in South Africa, you are delusional. But before you jump down my throat, I agree that we currently have some major race related issues in this country. Of course, I see those as issues completely differently to what you do, and I have no desire to debate that. As for Seymour, the more I watch of him, the more I see a "player" who is attempting to use this kind of association with Mandela, to play to voter's emotions and suck them into the ACT void. His comments did make him look like a dick. You may disagree and that is your right.

I do not personally know any of these politicians. So all I have to go on, in what I see of them in the media, what I hear them say publicly, and what I see that they have done/achieved over time. I do not like what I see with Seymour. I do not trust him, and I think he and ACT will be a real danger in a NAT/ACT coalition.
    Tell me, do you trust Labour ?