sharetrader
Page 64 of 129 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    If you seriously believe the situation here is even remotely the same as apartheid in South Africa, you are delusional. But before you jump down my throat, I agree that we currently have some major race related issues in this country. Of course, I see those as issues completely differently to what you do, and I have no desire to debate that. As for Seymour, the more I watch of him, the more I see a "player" who is attempting to use this kind of association with Mandela, to play to voter's emotions and suck them into the ACT void. His comments did make him look like a dick. You may disagree and that is your right.

I do not personally know any of these politicians. So all I have to go on, in what I see of them in the media, what I hear them say publicly, and what I see that they have done/achieved over time. I do not like what I see with Seymour. I do not trust him, and I think he and ACT will be a real danger in a NAT/ACT coalition.
    ‘But before you jump down my throat, I agree that we currently have some major race related issues in this country. Of course, I see those as issues completely differently to what you do, and I have no desire to debate that.’

Of course you don’t. You no doubt see these issues through the exact same lens that the Left purports to see them. And this explains why you trash Seymour and speak of him as seeking to ‘play with voters emotions and suck them into the….’void’’.
    Seymour isn’t dog-whistling or ‘race baiting’, he says it exactly as it is: he doesn’t support co-governance, he believes in our democracy and the rule of law & that all New Zealanders should be equal when it comes to voting. He says exactly how he views these matters & many New Zealanders will agree with him. And the Left don’t like it, the Left can’t handle it, so they seek to demonise him and make out people voting for him are somehow being tricked or hoodwinked. People who voted for Labour when ‘co-governance’ was never in their manifesto are the ones who were tricked and hoodwinked.

Rational debate is clearly not your thing. I am SO tired of the continual labelling of anyone who doesn't agree with you as a "leftie." I am not a leftie. I am also not old boys right wing. I am somewhere in the middle. I would happily discuss this with you and others here, but rational discussion requires tolerance, and patience, and respect, and an acceptance that we are all different and have different views. You are not interested in having that kind of discussion.

You are starting to behave like Balance. You are always angry and defensive, antagonistic and intolerant. It seems that politics consumes every minute of your waking day. It is unhealthy. Take the weekend off and chill. There IS actually more to life than politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    ‘But before you jump down my throat, I agree that we currently have some major race related issues in this country. Of course, I see those as issues completely differently to what you do, and I have no desire to debate that.’

Of course you don’t. You no doubt see these issues through the exact same lens that the Left purports to see them. And this explains why you trash Seymour and speak of him as seeking to ‘play with voters emotions and suck them into the….’void’’.
    Seymour isn’t dog-whistling or ‘race baiting’, he says it exactly as it is: he doesn’t support co-governance, he believes in our democracy and the rule of law & that all New Zealanders should be equal when it comes to voting. He says exactly how he views these matters & many New Zealanders will agree with him. And the Left don’t like it, the Left can’t handle it, so they seek to demonise him and make out people voting for him are somehow being tricked or hoodwinked. People who voted for Labour when ‘co-governance’ was never in their manifesto are the ones who were tricked and hoodwinked.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 26-08-2023 at 05:43 PM.

Rational debate is clearly not your thing. I am SO tired of the continual labelling of anyone who doesn't agree with you as a "leftie." I am not a leftie. I am also not old boys right wing. I am somewhere in the middle. I would happily discuss this with you and others here, but rational discussion requires tolerance, and patience, and respect, and an acceptance that we are all different and have different views. You are not interested in having that kind of discussion.

You are starting to behave like Balance. You are always angry and defensive, antagonistic and intolerant. It seems that politics consumes every minute of your waking day. It is unhealthy. Take the weekend off and chill. There IS actually more to life than politics.
    Nailed it. That's exactly my experience with Logen Ninefingers as well.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

You can sum up JAK and Daytr with the following: ‘agree with us or we’ll throw all the toys out of the cot & accuse you of not engaging in ‘rational debate’.’
    Oh the irony when these types accuse others of being ‘defensive’.
    Last edited by Logen Ninefingers; 26-08-2023 at 06:31 PM.

Guru

JAK -

‘I have no desire to debate that.’

Also JAK -

‘Rational debate is clearly not your thing.’

Quote Originally Posted by ithaka View Post
    Seymour was dead right about Mandela being revolted by the racist agenda of the left in New Zealand. Having spent many years in South Africa in the seventies, I've witnessed first hand the appalling outcome we are well on the way to embedding with our disregard for democracy. Kweku Mandela was 9 years old when Nelson Mandela became president. He also grew up in America. His opinion about democracy in New Zealand is not worth much.
    Kweku Mandela can kiss my arse - look at how South Africa has descended into lawlessness, economic and social degradation after Mandela left office & the black elite reverse-racists took over.

GDP per capita is lower than in 2008. Unemployment remains high, at around 35%, and youth unemployment even exceeds 50%.

The black elite are certainly doing alright though - too bad about the rest.

What NZ can look to become if the loony left & the Maori cabal have their way for another 3 years.
    Last edited by Balance; 26-08-2023 at 06:52 PM.

"I have no desire to debate it" was a reference to the fact that I have zero desire in debating anything with you. I will however correct the comment you quoted above - I should have written "Rational discussion is clearly not your thing." That is what I meant to say. There is a difference between debate and discussion.

I do not want, or need you to agree with anything I say. It doesn't matter to me that we have differing opinions. I don't believe I have posted anything that could be considered "defensive" - I have called you out on the way you constantly label me as a leftie, and the anger that comes through in your posts. That's all.

Anyway, you can see it as "throwing my toys out of the cot" if you wish. It doesn't bother me one iota. But I am not wasting anymore of my time talking to you.

Have a lovely weekend

JAK -

‘I have no desire to debate that.’

Also JAK -

‘Rational debate is clearly not your thing.’

Guru

"I have no desire to debate it" was a reference to the fact that I have zero desire in debating anything with you. I will however correct the comment you quoted above - I should have written "Rational discussion is clearly not your thing." That is what I meant to say. There is a difference between debate and discussion.

I do not want, or need you to agree with anything I say. It doesn't matter to me that we have differing opinions. I don't believe I have posted anything that could be considered "defensive" - I have called you out on the way you constantly label me as a leftie, and the anger that comes through in your posts. That's all.

Anyway, you can see it as "throwing my toys out of the cot" if you wish. It doesn't bother me one iota. But I am not wasting anymore of my time talking to you.

Have a lovely weekend
    You too buddy. 🙂

Permanent Newbie

You might find these reprehensible attacks ‘funny’, but many will not. Opening a widely circulating newspaper and finding multiple cartoons denigrating one politician and party is not anything like the fair and balanced media we should be entitled to in this country.
    Sorry wrong cartoon.

David Seymour should be thankful for the publicity. I don't think the average voter is that bright or puts that much time into their vote (myself included). Any publicity is good publicity. Imagine how far Donald Trump would have got if the media in the States did not feel the need to pick on everything he said and does. Come election day in NZ a lot of people will be staring at their voting papers wondering who they are going to vote for and they might remember all the attention ACT and David Seymour got, anti maori, anti vax, anti a gun register (I assume this is to garner votes from dumb ar*es reading too many social media posts from America) and give him a tick.

What is even funnier to me is that the craziest thing to come out of the ACT is their tax policy and it hardly gets a mention. Sadly the insignificant bull*hit takes centre stage once more.

Now that I know how strongly you feel about cartoons, perhaps you should talk to Balance I think he has posted some cartoons some people might find offensive as well.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Sorry wrong cartoon.

David Seymour should be thankful for the publicity. I don't think the average voter is that bright or puts that much time into their vote (myself included). Any publicity is good publicity. Imagine how far Donald Trump would have got if the media in the States did not feel the need to pick on everything he said and does. Come election day in NZ a lot of people will be staring at their voting papers wondering who they are going to vote for and they might remember all the attention ACT and David Seymour got, anti maori, anti vax, anti a gun register (I assume this is to garner votes from dumb ar*es reading too many social media posts from America) and give him a tick.

What is even funnier to me is that the craziest thing to come out of the ACT is their tax policy and it hardly gets a mention. Sadly the insignificant bull*hit takes centre stage once more.

Now that I know how strongly you feel about cartoons, perhaps you should talk to Balance I think he has posted some cartoons some people might find offensive as well.
    It doesn’t matter how many left wing cartoonists I high-light who get published widely by NZ’s major media outlets, still we get this one guy ‘Tremain’ thrown back at us. Tremain is not published by any major media entity, and I don’t believe Balance posting his cartoons here is equivalent to Emmerson getting published daily by The New Zealand Herald.