sharetrader
Page 99 of 129 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I have neither a view on the project nor on the people you are referring to, but I find it interesting that the only people I came across so far trashing the disinformation project seem to be either conspiracy theorists, trolls, or their supporters.

Just based on this observation it appears it is a good project ... it seems to hit the right crowd.
    You're by far the biggest troll on this site.

No he isn't. Not by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    You're by far the biggest troll on this site.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    No he isn't. Not by a long shot.
    Well it's all subjective then isn't it. So maybe he should shut up and stop calling people trolls. Anyone with a different opinion from him he calls a troll. To me this behaviour of his is the ultimate in trolling. You can disagree if you like.

Banned

The hypocrisy of BlackPeter on display here, within just a few posts in this thread:

I tend to give negative reputation for posts which attack other posters (instead of discussing a certain subject)
    I find it interesting that the only people I came across so far trashing the disinformation project seem to be either conspiracy theorists, trolls, or their supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    He certainly would be in good company with Kate Hannah and Sanjana.

Thankfully the Disinformation Project has lost its power and mandate after being caught pretty much spreading disinformation.

https://thedisinfoproject.org/about-us/our-people/
    Big brothers are watching you according to the Disinformation Project

12 September 2023: Independent research group The Disinformation Project is concerned about the use of invasive user tracking and micro-targeting technology by four major political parties ahead of the 2023 General Election. The group has discovered that the official websites of Labour, National, ACT, and the Green Party use Facebook Pixel without disclosure or user consent, to track all visitors. Pixel-tracking technology, like Facebook Pixel, follows a website’s visitors across other websites and even mobile apps, recording and sharing their information, interests, and behaviour.

https://thedisinfoproject.org/resources/

I couldn't care less. I have nothing to hide, no secrets, no agenda, so if they want to track me, they can be my guest. My own sister, who, by the way is reasonably intelligent, was trying to convince me the other day, that my cell phone is audio recording everything I say, even when it is turned off! She 100% believes this.

This nonsense is getting beyond ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Big brothers are watching you according to the Disinformation Project

12 September 2023: Independent research group The Disinformation Project is concerned about the use of invasive user tracking and micro-targeting technology by four major political parties ahead of the 2023 General Election. The group has discovered that the official websites of Labour, National, ACT, and the Green Party use Facebook Pixel without disclosure or user consent, to track all visitors. Pixel-tracking technology, like Facebook Pixel, follows a website’s visitors across other websites and even mobile apps, recording and sharing their information, interests, and behaviour.

https://thedisinfoproject.org/resources/

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    My own sister, who, by the way is reasonably intelligent, was trying to convince me the other day, that my cell phone is audio recording everything I say, even when it is turned off! She 100% believes this.

This nonsense is getting beyond ridiculous.
    She might be partly right based on a quick google search.

https://us.norton.com/blog/how-to/is...t%20permission.

https://allaboutcookies.org/stop-you...from-listening

If governments collected the data and built profiles that the data collection companies like facebook and google do there would be public outrage.

Re Neo liberalism did the Chile experiment work? I thought it was a reasonably well-developed nation although Pinochet has been out of the picture for a while.

I thought Mussolini had said that Fascism was the merger of power between the State and Corporations but this may not have been strictly correct or applicable in this day and age.

https://politicalresearch.org/2005/0...orporate-state

That's different. It is common knowledge that in this day and age, a lot of what our devices do to "assist" us, requires collection of our browsing data etc. If we want to use Siri for example, we need to allow access to certain things. We can very easily turn that stuff off however.

My sister is talking about governments - yep, even ours - having hidden agendas, and eavesdropping on every conversation we have - even when our phones are turned off. Yeah right. It boggles my mind how so many people right now, have crazy ideas about secret agendas, humans being controlled by governments blah blah blah. It is bull****. Unless perhaps you live in Russia or China, but even then, I have my doubts.

Life is too short for these conspiracy theories. We have enough stress in our lives without buying into that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    She might be partly right based on a quick google search.

https://us.norton.com/blog/how-to/is...t%20permission.

https://allaboutcookies.org/stop-you...from-listening

If governments collected the data and built profiles that the data collection companies like facebook and google do there would be public outrage.

Re Neo liberalism did the Chile experiment work? I thought it was a reasonably well-developed nation although Pinochet has been out of the picture for a while.

I thought Mussolini had said that Fascism was the merger of power between the State and Corporations but this may not have been strictly correct or applicable in this day and age.

https://politicalresearch.org/2005/0...orporate-state

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

If governments collected the data and built profiles that the data collection companies like facebook and google do there would be public outrage. Yes there would be.

A good question did the Chile experiment work. It depends on whether you are in the top 1% or not.

The economic policies of the Popular Unity Government in the early 1970s, which included nationalization of industries and land reform, led to a decline in domestic food production and a drastic reduction in food for the masses of the population. In 1975, the GDP fell by 13 percent, industrial production plunged by 27 percent, and unemployment increased to 20 percent. Additionally, inflation reached 375 percent in 1974, the highest rate in the world and almost twice the top level under Allende.

After a recession in 1975, the economy expanded from 1977 to 1980 with high growth rates, making Chile a showcase for monetarists and economic liberals. During the 1980s, Chile's economy experienced both growth and recession. In 1982, Chile slid into a severe recession that lasted more than two years, which was the second deep economic recession in eight years. Chile experienced the strongest economic growth of all countries in the region during the 1980s.

The 1990s were a period of vigorous and unprecedented expansion, with average annual growth of 7.2%.
    The expansion of certain industries, such as the mining industry, has contributed to the growth of the Chilean economy. Chile's GDP per capita is the highest in the region at USD 14,772, but it also has high levels of inequality and informality. Inequality is a persistent challenge for Chile, with high levels of income inequality. Chile has the second-highest level of income inequality in the OECD. Almost half of Chile's wealth, 49.6 percent, is held by the top one percent, while the bottom 50 percent has a negative wealth.

Eastonia apparently has a centralised government info platform ……and Estonia has became a model for digital democracy has created economic opportunities for growth and resiliency.

This guy says something for NZ to aspire to

“ We need an aspirational vision from our politicians as we approach the elections”

https://garymersham.substack.com/p/w...al-vision-from
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”