sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey Rog
    I am sorry you feel that way and I certainly had no intention to mislead
    These offers come and go pretty quickly at the bidding and allocating level.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Shame that someone didn't point out that formal expressions of interest needed to be in by Friday 1 September and a client service agreement completed too.
    Several wasted hours of my life researching this on the weekend that I cannot get back. Not impressed !
    Moral of the story:

Always start research of an IPO/issue with a quick perusal of the indicative timetable! I've fallen into that particular trap once or twice.

Guru

Shame that someone didn't point out that formal expressions of interest needed to be in by Friday 1 September and a client service agreement completed too.
    Several wasted hours of my life researching this on the weekend that I cannot get back. Not impressed !
    It may still be possible to go on a waiting list (in case some of those who have expressed an interest fail to follow through perhaps.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    It may still be possible to go on a waiting list (in case some of those who have expressed an interest fail to follow through perhaps.)
    sure , but at the moment everyone is taking whatever they are offered.

I guess what we are learning is how much cash there is out there looking for a home, and on that basis one would expect rates to stay low for some time yet.

Dont forget guys that there are some debt securities out there on the secondary market offering higher than 4.5
    I find too many people are fixated on the primary market, I guess to avoid fees. but ultimately one needs to do the maths and see how little the fees actually impact on 5 year instrument.

I thought about this, The shares yield a bit more and its a PIE

On the bright side, research is never really wasted. May come in handy as it is possible further offers similar to this may become available in the near future.
    Disclosure: I got some. Had wanted more, but as Peat mentioned, demand was high and scaling was probably always going to happen.
    Last edited by Grimy; 05-09-2017 at 08:19 PM.

I have moved on from yesterday's disappointment...today will probably have enough problems of its own. It occurs to me there's a lot of people running scared at the moment for obvious reasons and are therefore attracted to an issue like this. I expect as we head towards the election and with ongoing ructions in the markets caused by heightened geopolitical tensions there could be some very compelling equity opportunities in the market this month. "Be greedy when others are fearful" Warren Buffet.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Allegedly, bids for the $125 million exceeded $300 million. Wonder what the scaling is on the retail offer

OTL, it was about a third from my experience.
    It will now be interesting to see if there is any scaling on the priority offer which allowed shareholders to apply for these notes on a priority basis

these are in the money, been one of my
    better decisions