sharetrader
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winston Peters

Advanced Member

I think it’s a bit unfair for Winston to use parliamentary privilege to start slanging the mud on something he has taken to court and been unable to get a result on .

Owen Glenn. That’s all anyone need to know about Winston’s credibility. He has the integrity of a piece of used toilet paper.

No, that piece of used toilet paper has more integrity than him.
    Last edited by Balance; 22-07-2020 at 06:12 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Owen Glenn. That’s all anyone need to know about Winston’s credibility. He has the integrity of a piece of used toilet paper.

No, that piece of used toilet paper has more integrity than him.
    It was WP's integrity that cleaned up the NZ sharemarket with The Wine Box.Least we forget.
    Also saved us from a Capital Gain Tax.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    It was WP's integrity that cleaned up the NZ sharemarket with The Wine Box.Least we forget.
    Also saved us from a Capital Gain Tax.
    CGT - it should be implemented pronto to direct investments away from property, property & more property. Comrade Cindy canned it when it became clear it was an election loser - Winnie takes credit like he does now with picking the inexperienced and woke pixie dust Cindy & her bunch of incompetents as government.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2019/06/jacinda-ardern-still-wants-a-capital-gains-tax-despite-ruling-it-out-forever.html

But polling consistently showed New Zealanders were opposed, and Ardern ultimately canned the idea - not just for this term, but for as long as she's leader.

"I wasn't just thinking about the fact that we'd failed on this occasion. We'd also failed in 2011, 2014," she told Newshub Nation.

"Each time, we'd taken a different approach. This time, we took the approach of trying to bring in experts, bringing in some other voices to the debate. And it came a point where I just had to listen to what the people of New Zealand were saying."

When was the wine box? And how did it clean up the NZX?
    Last edited by Balance; 22-07-2020 at 06:30 PM.

percy

And every time I use my Gold Card I say a silent thank you Winston.

Wine box stopped insider trading,and "unnatural" tax haven transactions..Least we forget.
    CGT. Forget it. Near impossible to work out.Unproductive.More capital into exempt houses.
    Last edited by percy; 22-07-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Guru

And every time I use my Gold Card I say a silent thank you Winston.

Wine box stopped insider trading,and "unnatural" tax haven transactions..Least we forget.
    CGT. Forget it. Near impossible to work out.Unproductive.More capital into exempt houses.
    I've got one of those gold cards - but I don't use public transport, so I've never found anywhere to use it. Seems a bit useless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I've got one of those gold cards - but I don't use public transport, so I've never found anywhere to use it. Seems a bit useless to me.
    There are some people who can be bought cheap by Winston Owen Glenn Peters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winebox_Inquiry

Wine box nothing to do with insider trading & cleaning up the sharemarket. Everything to do with overseas tax credits and corruption.

Your geriatric grey cells failing you, Percy like that of your hero Winston Owen Glenn Peters?

Excerpt : “The Winebox Inquiry was an inquiry undertaken in New Zealand to investigate claims of corruption and incompetence in the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) and Inland Revenue Department (IRD).

The full name of the investigation was the Commission of Inquiry into Certain Matters Relating to Taxation. The Commissioner was Sir Ronald Davison. The Commission concluded that there were no grounds supporting the allegations of fraud and corruption. “
    Last edited by Balance; 22-07-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Advanced Member

There are some people who can be bought cheap by Winston Owen Glenn Peters.
    Has he paid that 150k back yet ? Wasn’t that the famous “NO” sign that should have been yes ?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Don't you have Challenge Gas stations down your way.?
    Up to 15 cents off a litre .
    Last edited by percy; 22-07-2020 at 06:58 PM.

Don't you have Challenge Gas stations down your way.?
    Up to 15 cents off a litre .
    So easily bought - for an extra 5c off a liter of petrol! Cheap people support Winston Owen Glenn Peters obviously.

You check out properly what the wine box inquiry was about yet? ��
    Last edited by Balance; 22-07-2020 at 07:11 PM.

percy

So easily bought - for an extra 5c off a liter of petrol! Cheap people support Winston Owen Glenn Peters obviously.

You check out properly what the wine box inquiry was about yet? ��
    Thought you were the one who could not remember.
    Great show by Michelle Boag who was there for some things,but not others.
    Another great leaker.

Thought you were the one who could not remember.
    Great show by Michelle Boag who was there for some things,but not others.
    Another great leaker.
    Wrong again. It was not Michelle Boag.

You ok, Percy? You may need to take the same test that Trump just took.

Membaa

When the gerry’s get into each other, you know it’s election time. A little respect for others views without recourse to political preference. Some have been here for a very long time, built a great deal of respect, even admiration. No point pissing that down a political hole by getting into each other over an event of the day that has nothing to do with wise investing. IMHO

I don't think the media is that fond of wp.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-07-2020 at 05:29 PM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    When the gerry’s get into each other, you know it’s election time. A little respect for others views without recourse to political preference. Some have been here for a very long time, built a great deal of respect, even admiration. No point pissing that down a political hole by getting into each other over an event of the day that has nothing to do with wise investing. IMHO
    Too right BaaBaa. No need for personal slagging off, particularly for/from long time and respected contributors that should be able to debate politics with respect.
    I have been dealing with Percy a lot over the last few months on a common interest and can assure posters his "geriatric grey cells" are working quite splendidly !!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Too right BaaBaa. No need for personal slagging off, particularly for/from long time and respected contributors that should be able to debate politics with respect.
    I have been dealing with Percy a lot over the last few months on a common interest and can assure posters his "geriatric grey cells" are working quite splendidly !!
    I still think he needs to get tested - wine box inquiry is not what his memory is telling him what he thinks it is.

Informed decisions can only be made with facts - not illusions.
    Last edited by Balance; 23-07-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Veteran novice

Quite intriguing reading these two respected posters going hammer and tongs - for a while. But time now to call a truce, would hate to have to take sides!

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Quite intriguing reading these two respected posters going hammer and tongs - for a while. But time now to call a truce, would hate to have to take sides!
    All good fun, macduffy.

We do not take things personally - it clouds judgement!

The Winebox Inquiry was a big deal Balance , and did cause law change that was important to retain NZ's tax base.
    If no one was found guilty of specific crimes then at least it created more awareness of the plundering being done by the baron robbers Fay Richwhite.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sharemark...objectid=12689
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....