sharetrader
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vodafone IPO

Guru

Lightbulb Vodafone IPO

As you may have seen in NBR "Vodafone to float on the NZX", an announcement is expected within 2 weeks (IPO to be run by Deutsche Bank).

Revenue of $2.02b, EBITDA of 481m, enterprise value of $3.4b.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    As you may have seen in NBR "Vodafone to float on the NZX", an announcement is expected within 2 weeks (IPO to be run by Deutsche Bank).

Thoughts?
    See anything about the proposed listing value?

Every IPO is about a fair price for future value. 'Enterprise value' is just over 7 multiples of EBITDA but have to understand gearing, future capital and.... realistic forecasts of future earnings.

Be interested in Yield ..... been Vodafone user for decades
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post

Thoughts?
    As usual, the devil is in the detail. Thanks for the heads up but until the prospectus is issued it is hard to say how good a deal the listing will be. Keep us informed all the same. Cheers.

Investor

Will be avoiding this

"royalty" payments to parent company will be the big question on this one.

The bulk of Vodafone's profit boost was thanks to a $35m drop in finance costs that followed a move by its British parent to inject more equity into the company and to reduce the interest rate the subsidiary has to pay on internal company loans.
    - Stuff
    Last edited by axe; 08-09-2017 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    "royalty" payments to parent company will be the big question on this one.
    Agree. How much of a transfer the parent demands will be the key factor in the local operation's profitability.

Another key issue for mobile in the NZ market (and globally) is static to declining ARPU and the relatively high cost of customer acquisition.
    NZ already has a highly saturated mobile market so the real growth opportunity is IoT - this is what will be driving investment in 5G and beyond.

The obvious advantage to VF is scale. They are the biggest global brand, have incredibly deep pockets and are capable of demanding enormous concessions from network equipment providers in terms of price and equipment exclusivity arrangements. As such, their technology costs and deployment timelines can be controlled a lot more tightly than their competitors, and their time to market tends to be faster.

The other elephant in the room is regulation. Mobile providers have got of relatively lightly in NZ for a long time but that could change with little warning.
    Saying that, the market is pretty competitive so intervention by ComCom doesn't seem likely in the medium term.

)ne way to solve a problem ...tell the customers to piss off

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...nical-problems
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    )ne way to solve a problem ...tell the customers to piss off

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...nical-problems
    Certainly not a great sign if they cant provide an email address.
    I've used one of their sub domain names within my email for a very long time, after they bought out my first ISP. This is their only service I use, and its cost me $5 a month (somewhat unnecessarily) But I've been very reluctant to change my email address simply for reasons of continuity, now I will be forced to.