sharetrader
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vodafone IPO

You can get one free email address using a custom domain at Zoho.com

I don't quite like the way Vodafone said they will continue to forward emails to a new account for their customers. I read that as they won't be forwarding mail, if you change landline etc to another provider. Do they have a duty to forward emails anyway?
    I personally will be reluctant to give my tuppence to their IPO.
    2 degrees are excellent in my area for mobile. It's a matter of checking https://www.2degreesmobile.co.nz/coverage/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I don't quite like the way Vodafone said they will continue to forward emails to a new account for their customers. I read that as they won't be forwarding mail, if you change landline etc to another provider. Do they have a duty to forward emails anyway?
    I personally will be reluctant to give my tuppence to their IPO.
    2 degrees are excellent in my area for mobile. It's a matter of checking https://www.2degreesmobile.co.nz/coverage/
    At the moment I believe that if you leave Vodafone you loose your email account unless, that is, you pay about $5.00 a month (or around that figure) to keep it open. Hopefully they'll offer something similar after the float?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I'm not reading it that way. I have an email of theirs but am not a customer. They have already started forwarding emails to my new address, and I am expecting them to continue to do so after the 30th. I guess we will know very soon.

Banned

We were about to leave Vodafone a few months ago and were told we would have to pay a monthly fee to have email access ($5 or $10 monthly, I can't quite remember?). However, just looked through the FAQ they issued recently and it says:
    What if I leave Vodafone?
    We will provide auto-forwarding to everyone for as long as they want it. This will be at no cost for Vodafone customers, and for the time being it is also at no cost for people who leave Vodafone.
    If we look to review this position, and to introduce a charge for customers who have left us, we will give you three months’ notice.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCross View Post
    We were about to leave Vodafone a few months ago and were told we would have to pay a monthly fee to have email access ($5 or $10 monthly, I can't quite remember?). However, just looked through the FAQ they issued recently and it says:
    What if I leave Vodafone?
    We will provide auto-forwarding to everyone for as long as they want it. This will be at no cost for Vodafone customers, and for the time being it is also at no cost for people who leave Vodafone.
    If we look to review this position, and to introduce a charge for customers who have left us, we will give you three months’ notice.

Indeed
    As I expected still receiving emails sent to my old vodafone address at the email address I advised them to forward to.

But more to the thread, when is the IPO happening?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

completely irrelevant, the webmail portal is still up. i can still log in and send emails.

-- following up
    the portal is up but cannot log in.
    Last edited by ohpark0119; 26-12-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Guru

Things are definitely still 'happening'... interesting article in AFR Street Talk a few days back regarding Vodafone NZ's first pitch to Aussie fundies.. which mentioned various things including that Vodafone was "promising top line growth, stable earnings margins and chunky dividends for investors".

It could be a $2b offering (with vodafone having a market cap of $4b), more presentations to come early 2018 - it is 'definitely listing' in 2018, so Vodafone's UK parent company says.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by ohpark0119 View Post
    completely irrelevant, the webmail portal is still up. i can still log in and send emails.
    Yes, it's still up. Muppets.

be a good addition to the market , big company steady earnings
    one step ahead of the herd