sharetrader
Page 208 of 505 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Who cares - as long as they are the 4 best!
    I care.

I imagine that for you, considerations of ethnicity, gender and culturre are irrelevant in determining "best". If you do in fact believe that, I would encourage you to think some more.

Since I have never been a politician I can't speak from that particular experience, but for a number of years I made and implemented policy to deliver a variety of services to disadvantaged groups. In my experience, ethnicity, cultural competence and gender are factors central to determining who is "best" in many roles.

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    I care.

I imagine that for you, considerations of ethnicity, gender and culturre are irrelevant in determining "best". If you do in fact believe that, I would encourage you to think some more.

Since I have never been a politician I can't speak from that particular experience, but for a number of years I made and implemented policy to deliver a variety of services to disadvantaged groups. In my experience, ethnicity, cultural competence and gender are factors central to determining who is "best" in many roles.
    Yup - like Poto Williams as Police Minister & Kris Faafoi as Immigration & Justice Minister.

What a pathetic pair to show as role models to the Pacific Islander community.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Same article about Luxon as above but since this is Sharetrader I found the comments about risk interesting.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/kahu/shane-te-pou-troublesome-interview-betrays-luxons-values-and-priorities/BX7GQFIRN3WHBT3WNWPWTRTTXI/

Some say Luxon shares many of John Key's strengths. both were successful businessmen who spent extended periods of time abroad and have chosen to commit to politics after achieving their impressive career goals.

And yet, I'm not sure those similarities will end up being as important as the differences between the trader (Key) and the institutional CEO (Luxon). The most glaring point of difference comes down to their attitude towards risk. The CEO spends all day and night mitigating risk, especially so with a company as weighed down by stakeholders as Air New Zealand.

To a foreign exchange trader like John Key, on the other hand, risk is the true currency of choice, and success is measured by how quickly you can turn it into profit. What the trader personality manifested in Key was a comfort with spontaneity, extremely fast reaction times, and an almost superhuman capacity to read a room.

As Luxon's interview with Moana Maniapoto showed, as did subsequent outings with Jack Tame, Tova O'Brien and Kim Hill, those risk-averse CEO traits were in abundance, but none of the currency dealer's fleet footedness and disarming humour.
    I didn't get past this sentence "broadcaster and national treasure Moana Maniapoto ". It shows how objective this writer is when he calls an unknown presenter on a channel that most people don't ever watch, a "national treasure". Why anyone looking for an informed article would read beyond that is beyond me !

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I didn't get past this sentence "broadcaster and national treasure Moana Maniapoto ". It shows how objective this writer is when he calls an unknown presenter on a channel that most people don't ever watch, a "national treasure". Why anyone looking for an informed article would read beyond that is beyond me !
    I believe it is beyond you at present - but take a few deep breaths, grab your courage in both hands and give it a try - you might even learn something!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    I care.

I imagine that for you, considerations of ethnicity, gender and culture are irrelevant in determining "best". If you do in fact believe that, I would encourage you to think some more.

That is simply ridiculous. Best means ......best.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    That is simply ridiculous. Best means ......best.
    Best only means best on the criteria you set.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Best only means best on the criteria you set.
    Nope - based upon standards set by an accepted standards authority.

Only in woke indoctrinated brain dead NZers do your definition exists.

Guru

Luxon tries to increase diversity in National by having an intelligent person in the team - his mouth just keeps on giving.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...bit-thick.html
    "He's going to bring something really different to our caucus and some diversity to it in that in that he's really well educated"

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Luxon tries to increase diversity in National by having an intelligent person in the team - his mouth just keeps on giving.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...bit-thick.html
    "He's going to bring something really different to our caucus and some diversity to it in that in that he's really well educated"
    Intelligence and education are two distinctly different things. Your comment cleverly and clearly demonstrates that you are lacking in both.

Guru

"He's had a local and international finance background, he's a local agribusiness owner, and he's a very committed family man from Tauranga".

Well, it's important that he's committed rather than divorced as that would be a sin.