sharetrader
Page 26 of 505 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I'm surprised that article is all it took to get you out from under your rock eZ. How about giving us your thoughts on Labour's failures since being elected. Just to assist you, perhaps you could start with Twyford and Kiwibuild.
    There might be the odd stumbling area like Kiwibuild, but I really like the new directions on other policies. For example the polytech shakeups, if they are done carefully, should evolve a better set of courses for the trades, with collaborative work. A lot of prebuilt home component providers seem to be getting behind the Kiwibuild idea, it certainly gives them confidence. As far as I can see, just because not every Kiwibuild home built to date has hit the mark regarding its local market, normal spec builders do the same thing. You see these spec houses put up as the prizes in Heart Lotteries, that's one of the ways they move them.

Those Topham-Guerin guys used to be Young Nats . They'll probably be helping CTH (Crosby-Textor) for National in 2020, like they did in 2017.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/05/2...cross-the-line
    Last edited by elZorro; 03-08-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Veteran novice

Stand by then for a flood of lotteries with ex-Kiwibuild houses as the prizes!

Legend

Paula Bennett to be the Nat's campaign manager for 2020 - well I hope she's been swotting up her English and won't engage in hyperbowl too often. Maybe Winston had the right comment about that. There's been a lot of media attention about Chris Luxon becoming the candidate for her old safe seat, or not.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...political-move

National still has a lot of the old mess to clean up, by the look of it.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Paula Bennett to be the Nat's campaign manager for 2020 - well I hope she's been swotting up her English and won't engage in hyperbowl too often. Maybe Winston had the right comment about that. There's been a lot of media attention about Chris Luxon becoming the candidate for her old safe seat, or not.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...political-move

National still has a lot of the old mess to clean up, by the look of it.
    Surprised to see you back eZ. I thought you must be so embarrassed by the performance, (or lack of) from your beloved labour party, that you had decided to stay hidden under your rock.
    And while you're on about pronunciation (for which I commend you) perhaps you could organise some much needed training for Labour MPs. Perhaps you could start at the top by teaching Jacinda how to pronounce two simple words for a kick-off, i.e. women and everything.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 15-08-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Legend

Surprised to see you back eZ. I thought you must be so embarrassed by the performance, (or lack of) from your beloved labour party, that you had decided to stay hidden under your rock.
    I have been busy, that's all. I think we can all see that National's not getting back in during 2020, so there's not the same imperative anyway. Who would you like to see as National's leader?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I have been busy, that's all. I think we can all see that National's not getting back in during 2020, so there's not the same imperative anyway. Who would you like to see as National's leader?
    Not Bridges, or Collins. But there are at least two who shine. Who will replace Jacinda when she resigns?

IMO

Since 1970, National and Labour-led Governments
    have increased taxes on petrol about the same amount

Dilettante

And now we have Taxinda complaining about the petrol companies and their 3-4c per litre while she takes 120c and increasing

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    And now we have Taxinda complaining about the petrol companies and their 3-4c per litre while she takes 120c and increasing
    Fair enough. It does get spent on the motorist. It's effectively a user pays system and possibly the best way of funding the work that it does. The alternatives are to fund through the consolidated fund - which would mean higher taxes all round - or neglect the roading infrastructure.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 21-08-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Dilettante

Fair enough. It does get spent on the motorist. It's effectively a user pays system and possibly the best way of funding the work that it does. The alternatives are to fund through the consolidated fund - which would mean higher taxes all round - or neglect the roading infrastructure.
    Agree FP. I don't have any problems with any form of fair road user charges to pay for infrastructure. My comment was about her mischievously attacking the fuel companies while she leads a Government that takes the lion's share of fuel costs and continually increase it.
    Not so sure a fuel levy will be the go for much longer though with increased use of EVs that pay nothing and needs to change..

Meantime I'm happy personally with my hybrid and how little I pay !! Not very fair though.