sharetrader
Page 60 of 505 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12347974

National needs to change tactics, not just the leader.
    The party needs a complete revamp of tactics and strategy in the post-Covid-19 world.
    It is evident the National Party has not yet come to terms with the changed reality of our Covid-19 infected world, which has rendered many previous tactics redundant and hence increases public disapproval.
    The new tactic needs the Opposition to demonstrate the need for much more graciousness and altruism than it is currently willing to offer.
    Why should NZ voters take away power from a Government which is doing incredibly well in managing a public health crisis - the here and now - and give it to a party that is claiming to work for reducing public debt somewhere in the distant future?
    Because they are doing so poorly at everything else, and they have such a lack of skill in their MPs nothing will change.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Because they are doing so poorly at everything else, and they have such a lack of skill in their MPs nothing will change.
    Expect some nasty politics from the Nats.
    More attack adds stretching the truth.
    Maybe more homeless in the isolation hotels.
    Anything is fair game with that lot.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Expect some nasty politics from the Nats.
    More attack adds stretching the truth.
    Maybe more homeless in the isolation hotels.
    Anything is fair game with that lot.
    Wonder who has been stretching the truth -

Kiwibuild,

CGT,

Light rail,

Affordable housing,

Reduced immigration,

Reduced child poverty,

Working Coalition with NZF.

Lies & half-truths (nasty things) seem to be fair game with Comrade Cindy & her incompetents.
    Last edited by Balance; 15-07-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Advanced Member

Looks like Judith Collins first job as new leader will be getting rid of the repellent Michael Woodhouse.

Guru

Great to see that Judith has got the role. She will have Cindy for breakfast and spit her out. I see the market has already shifted toward national. I like the optics too of her having was it 51 MP's with her at last nights press event post the meeting as opposed to Muller who had just Kaye with him. National will do well and Labour needs to watch out. A week is a long time in politics, 8 weeks even longer.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Great to see that Judith has got the role. She will have Cindy for breakfast and spit her out. I see the market has already shifted toward national. I like the optics too of her having was it 51 MP's with her at last nights press event post the meeting as opposed to Muller who had just Kaye with him. National will do well and Labour needs to watch out. A week is a long time in politics, 8 weeks even longer.
    Only time will tell.
    She will close the gap but won't get there - she it just too polarising.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Only time will tell.
    She will close the gap but won't get there - she it just too polarising.
    Probably, I don't expect her to win either but you never know. Labour only got 38% at the last election and they are in govt. If national can get anywhere upwards of 40% I think its a good election. How the minor parties fall is anyone's guess.
    I understand the polarising of Judith, but she does speak well, she will not back down and has the stamina to take it all the way. (Unlike Simon, spoke badly and Muller no energy).
    I happened to sit next to Judith on a flight from Auckland to Wellington a good 9 months ago. In light of what has happened now it was a very interesting conversation, we spoke the whole hour. I suggested that Simon needed to go (for Nationals sake), that she would be a good replacement. She was coy on that front.
    It has made this election interesting though and you could not say that 24 hours ago.

In hindsight she should have replaced Simon. It should have been obvious to the caucus Muller was not up to the job. Very poorly managed coming this close to the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Wonder who has been stretching the truth -

Kiwibuild,

CGT,

Light rail,

Affordable housing,

Reduced immigration,

Reduced child poverty,

Working Coalition with NZF.

Lies & half-truths (nasty things) seem to be fair game with Comrade Cindy & her incompetents.
    You keep repeating yourself. Sign of? At the very least , desperation

westerly

Guru

I see Collins must have taken the MAGA hat from Muller. She is vowing to “take back our country from the current lot.”
    It
    sounds like the sort of populist stament you hear from Trump or Brexiters.