sharetrader
Page 40 of 505 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

IMO

More ina similar vein from the NZ Herald

"So I have no beef with Muller beating the small business drum. After all, the more people who know just how important us small business owners are to our economy, the better.

But please, Muller, don't gild the lily. Your corporate experience, while likely very useful for balancing the egos of your caucus colleagues, doesn't make you any kind of small business guru. To claim otherwise is dishonest and disrespectful."

Ben Kepes: Todd Muller lacks identity with small business

Dilettante

I didn´t see the AM Show. How did the 23% compare to Labour´s caucus´business experience ?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    More ina similar vein from the NZ Herald

"So I have no beef with Muller beating the small business drum. After all, the more people who know just how important us small business owners are to our economy, the better.

But please, Muller, don't gild the lily. Your corporate experience, while likely very useful for balancing the egos of your caucus colleagues, doesn't make you any kind of small business guru. To claim otherwise is dishonest and disrespectful."

Ben Kepes: Todd Muller lacks identity with small business
    Good call - and what business exp did Key have/

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Good call - and what business exp did Key have/

Key had plenty of business experience! how do you not know this?

But the funny thing is I really dont think Key's success was due to his business experience. It was his manner and style that won the NZ electorate over, just like say Holyoake.
    Last edited by peat; 20-06-2020 at 10:10 AM. Reason: further thoughts on Key
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I thought some of you might find this as amusing as I did - from a column by Jane Clifton - ex Listener now writing at BusinessDesk

Lofty Man of Destiny
    As news broke on Tuesday that our border was more of a Maginot Line than an iron curtain, the Opposition was almost too stunned to pounce. Just weeks ago, former National leader Simon Bridges’ cavilling about PPE, tracing and the like met with mass-peltings of disdain as tin-eared and verging on unpatriotic. Now, his vanquisher, Todd Muller, was obliged to switch out of his Lofty Man of Destiny mode and into the full Simonised rant. To be fair, he did this so scarily well in Wednesday’s Parliament, that even the stone-faced Gerry Brownlee vaulted to his feet to lead an ovation. National’s irascible campaign manager, Brownlee is not nicknamed Mount Difficulty just because he likes an occasional pinot. He also knows a political scree slope when he sees his opponents embarked on one.

Paywalled Link.

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/j...d-incompetence
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Key had plenty of business experience! how do you not know this?

But the funny thing is I really dont think Key's success was due to his business experience. It was his manner and style that won the NZ electorate over, just like say Holyoake.
    What business experience - I've read his book (not bad either) he was a banker and forex dealer - he has never owned a business that I'm aware of?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I thought some of you might find this as amusing as I did - from a column by Jane Clifton - ex Listener now writing at BusinessDesk

Lofty Man of Destiny
    As news broke on Tuesday that our border was more of a Maginot Line than an iron curtain, the Opposition was almost too stunned to pounce. Just weeks ago, former National leader Simon Bridges’ cavilling about PPE, tracing and the like met with mass-peltings of disdain as tin-eared and verging on unpatriotic. Now, his vanquisher, Todd Muller, was obliged to switch out of his Lofty Man of Destiny mode and into the full Simonised rant. To be fair, he did this so scarily well in Wednesday’s Parliament, that even the stone-faced Gerry Brownlee vaulted to his feet to lead an ovation. National’s irascible campaign manager, Brownlee is not nicknamed Mount Difficulty just because he likes an occasional pinot. He also knows a political scree slope when he sees his opponents embarked on one.

Paywalled Link.

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/j...d-incompetence
    It certainly is a nice piece of writing.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    What business experience - I've read his book (not bad either) he was a banker and forex dealer - he has never owned a business that I'm aware of?
    Didn't Mr Key head up a large global banking division? I guess he didn't own it, just ran it. It is a wee bit more complicated than being a currency dealer. You seem to have a very narrow view of business experience.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Didn't Mr Key head up a large global banking division? I guess he didn't own it, just ran it. It is a wee bit more complicated than being a currency dealer. You seem to have a very narrow view of business experience.
    Chairman of a couple of very large businesses as well, maybe you need to own a corner diary before some people think you have business experience. Or maybe have worked in a fish and chip shop?

Guru

Business exp after being in politics is a bit different. Dame Jenny has that but wouldn't want her anywhere near a business or country again.