sharetrader
Page 35 of 505 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

IMO

I think the Cartoon in todays herald says it all
    MP's testing the lockdown
    Clark "Im an idiot I didnt stay in my bubble"
    Bridges" Im an important idiot ive got two bubbles"
    And he skirted the direct questions this morning about his internet connection, fibre btw, so lying is ok because he is an important person ehh.

But it became clear to me that its the press gallery based in Welly that is his main reason for driving 1,000km away from family reguarly, theres his squeeze.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    And he skirted the direct questions this morning about his internet connection, fibre btw, so lying is ok because he is an important person ehh.

But it became clear to me that its the press gallery based in Welly that is his main reason for driving 1,000km away from family reguarly, theres his squeeze.
    If he was tapping a bit on the side as you like to assert JT, then it would be a lot easier for him to base himself in Wellington. Duh your stupid.

Veteran novice

Given the gravity of the situations and the supposedly vital positions that both Clark and Bridges are supposed to be fulfilling, I'm surprised that both don't base themselves full-time in Wellington, where the action is and where decisions are being taken, for the duration. I'm reckon that if it was for a junket somewhere there'd be no problem in taking leave of family and electorate for 4 weeks.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    If he was tapping a bit on the side as you like to assert JT, then it would be a lot easier for him to base himself in Wellington. Duh your stupid.
    Oh dear blackcap has reached the bottom , childish name calling and speaking from experience by the looks .

IMO

This letter to the NZ herald today says it all

Pressing business
    On radio on Wed morning, Simon Bridge's answers to questions about the necessity and legality of his travel between Tauranga and Wellington revealed his innate insecurity and arrogance.

He excused his inability to work from home like the rest of the country on the inadequacy of his Tauranga internet connection and his need to be "at Parliament"-presumably to feel in charge.

His several references to the presence of the Press Gallery" may reflect his unacknowledged suspicion that his image is their creation, while his sweeping claim that there is "nothing in the Statute books" to say the Leader of the Opposition cannot travel, suggests that he feels this title gives him the freedom to do as he pleases.

Jeanette Grant, Mt Eden nz herald.co.nz

Guru

Pressing business
    On radio on Wed morning, Simon Bridge's answers to questions about the necessity and legality of his travel between Tauranga and Wellington revealed his innate insecurity and arrogance.

He excused his inability to work from home like the rest of the country on the inadequacy of his Tauranga internet connection and his need to be "at Parliament"-presumably to feel in charge.

His several references to the presence of the Press Gallery" may reflect his unacknowledged suspicion that his image is their creation, while his sweeping claim that there is "nothing in the Statute books" to say the Leader of the Opposition cannot travel, suggests that he feels this title gives him the freedom to do as he pleases.

It appears you have found a kindred spirit JT. Must be reassuring.

As much as you dislike it, Bridges is in charge of the parliament at the moment. A very serious and important position which no doubt is made considerably easier to manage by physically being in Wellington. As per any human, he also has personal responsibilities to his young family.

I find it interesting that your tirade against Bridges stepped up after David Clark dropped himself in it. The two aren't comparable.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post

I find it interesting that your tirade against Bridges stepped up after David Clark dropped himself in it. The two aren't comparable.
    No, you're quite right. Clark comes from a long line of hopeless Dunedin MPS - following in the footsteps of David Benson-Pope, Clare Curran and the amazing Brian MacDonell. The latter having sat in parliament for over 20 years, and never contributing a single thing.
    Not sure how Labour manage to pick their candidates down south, and even more confused why the locals always vote in labour MPs - who have never done anything for the place. In comparison - Bridges is certainly an achiever.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post

Classic morally bankrupt Labour Party behaviour - try to deflect the festering sore of a problem (in this case, yet another pathetic minister with heightened sense of entitlement*) by attacking an unrelated situation.

So much for following his dear leader Cindy’s ‘be kind’ and ‘we are going to be accountable’ now clearly obviously PR BS.

* Imagine what these bunch of Labour ministers are going to be like if they last more than one term!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I have been busy, that's all. I think we can all see that National's not getting back in during 2020, so there's not the same imperative anyway. Who would you like to see as National's leader?
    Still busy eZ? I suspect you'll shortly be rolling back your rock - the one you've been hidden under.
    And to answer your question - there are several to choose from. I'll give you that Bridges has no more chance of ever being PM than Little or Cunliffe had.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 11-04-2020 at 02:40 PM.

IMO

Pressing business

Sheesh even Biden is staying home , but not simon his press gallery addiction is way more important.Napolean syndrome?

Leading by example is Joe Biden hopefully the next president of the USA, pop re 360 million

"Far from taking a triumphant victory lap that might have greatly amplified his message, Biden remains largely confined to his home in Wilmington, Delaware, addressing voters on television and over internet livestreams, and receiving frequent briefings from policy experts on the pervasive disease and its economic toll."

Biden vs Trump: The US election is here, and transformed