sharetrader
Page 105 of 505 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Look - I was supporting them for many years ... with my vote and as well with the odd donation. Yes, I do know most of their policies. I find it interesting that they only use for their firearms policy the wording "ACT’s priority is to repeal this year’s Arms Legislation Act, including the threat of a firearm register".

And hey, it is not even one of their priorities, it is the priority - i.e. the most important issue for them to achieve....
    I took that statement to say priority relates to repeal, not to place it at the top of policies. Suggest you are misinterpreting it.

Guru

Act put gun lobbyist near top of their list.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12343678

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    I took that statement to say priority relates to repeal, not to place it at the top of policies. Suggest you are misinterpreting it.
    The gun law framework, is the only policy for which they promised to give a priority.

Even cutting taxes only merited an unqualified statement of future intent.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Act put gun lobbyist near top of their list.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12343678
    Looks like that ACT candidate ticked more than one box.

I have zero interest in firearms, though plenty in my extended family are licensed, but anyone who can demonstrate logical thinking, knowledge of political processes and a heap of passion has to have a head start as a candidate.

Advanced Member

The gun law framework, is the only policy for which they promised to give a priority.

Even cutting taxes only merited an unqualified statement of future intent.
    Overthinking?

Legend

I have zero interest in firearms, though plenty in my extended family are licensed, but anyone who can demonstrate logical thinking, knowledge of political processes and a heap of passion has to have a head start as a candidate.
    He certainly is right up the top of the pile for logical thinking.

Guru

I guess given the current MPs in the House of Cards, anyone who can keep their hands off the members of staff and off the “send to all” button in relation to confidential info goes to the top of the list!

Advanced Member

I guess given the current MPs in the House of Cards, anyone who can keep their hands off the members of staff and off the “send to all” button in relation to confidential info goes to the top of the list!
    You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.
    Good one artemis

Advanced Member

For those that think these ACT politicians policy to repeal the current gun laws is harmless, I would urge you to consider that our Police Force who are having to face increasingly dangerous situations, not only fully support the current Arms Legislation & want a gun register, but say it was long overdue.

if anyone thinks at the tender age of 38, David Seymour living in a bubble representing one of NZ's wealthiest & least violent suburbs is a better judge of the situation & knows more than the experienced Police Commissioner & Police men & women on the front line, then please reconsider.

Both cars and drivers need to be registered or licensed, & so should weapons and owners.

Who would it help if we do not know how many weapons we have in NZ & what sort of weapons & the number a particular individual or individuals associated with group or gang hold?
    If both guns & owners have to be licensed, ultimately it will be harder for them to get into the wrong hands & easier to track them down if they do. (not just my opinion but the Police's).

If ACT were to repeal the current laws, it will put our police in greater danger.
    Think about it, the Police support these laws, as does 70% of NZ's population, this is not something ACT should be saying they know better.
    Their spurious claim they can make safer gun laws without a gun register is idealistic nonsense & not based on real life experience.