sharetrader
Page 114 of 505 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...f-human-rights
    Coronavirus: National Party local official urges party to oppose lockdowns as 'breach of human rights'
    Allan Chesswas, chair of the Stratford branch, wrote to Collins, party president Peter Goodfellow, and several other MPs late on Thursday night asking the party oppose Covid-19 lockdown and stop buying into what he called the “overblown drama” surrounding the virus.
    “I do not and cannot consent to this ongoing breach of the basic human rights and civil liberties of everyday Kiwis,” he wrote.
    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    National could help by not spreading false stories!
    Agreed. Quite frightening to hear as well about the ultra right which seem to have taken over parts of the National party. Dumb and selfish bullies not caring for the country or other people. We certainly can't allow them to get even close to the reigns ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Agreed. Quite frightening to hear as well about the ultra right which seem to have taken over parts of the National party. Dumb and selfish bullies not caring for the country or other people. We certainly can't allow them to get even close to the reigns ...
    But it is okay though for the Maori MPs in Labour to support alienation of private land back to Maoris?

Votes there, see?

Big difference is that the ultra right & bullies (as you put them) have been there in National & Act & various ‘right wing’ parties and there is no evidence that they have ever set National’s policies in government.

But the Maoris & their MPs certainly do in Labour.
    Last edited by Balance; 15-08-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    But it is okay though for the Maori MPs in Labour to support alienation of private land back to Maoris?
    Not sure what you are referring to, but no matter whether this would be right or wrong, what does it have to do with the ultra right and brainless bullies taking over National?
    ----

Not sure what you are referring to, but no matter whether this would be right or wrong, what does it have to do with the ultra right and brainless bullies taking over National?
    I have answered your question above.

Votes there, see?

Big difference is that the ultra right & bullies (as you put them) have been there in National & Act & various ‘right wing’ parties and there is no evidence that they have ever set National’s policies in government.

But the Maoris & their MPs certainly do in Labour.
    I have answered your question above.
    Cheers.

Not sure, though I see the logic - wasn't it National for three terms in a coalition with the Maori party and wasn't it Labor who (in the view of some Maoris) let the Maoris down re the sea and foresore demands? Maybe you just mixed the parties up ...

Re the hard right bullies ... you might be right that they always have been there ... however - so far they have been moderated by the liberals in both parties. Unfortunately - National kicked the Liberals out and ACT got taken over by the gun lovers and hard right. It didn't help as well that lots of right wing scum governing in other parts of the world (Trump, Johnson, Bolsonaro & Co) clearly encourages the hard right parts of National and ACT.

Whinging about the freedom to make other people sick like some National regional leaders do in times of a pandemic is just so - well, sickening.

I hope with you that we will soon have again a decent conservative / liberal block in New Zealand, but at this stage with bully Collins, inept Brownlee and many hard right wing creepy crawlies in National airing their new found freedom to behave Trumpesk ... we are clearly not there.

I hope National will use the next three years better than the last three years to clean out its pig stye.
    ----

Cheers.

Not sure, though I see the logic - wasn't it National for three terms in a coalition with the Maori party and wasn't it Labor who (in the view of some Maoris) let the Maoris down re the sea and foresore demands? Maybe you just mixed the parties up ...

Re the hard right bullies ... you might be right that they always have been there ... however - so far they have been moderated by the liberals in both parties. Unfortunately - National kicked the Liberals out and ACT got taken over by the gun lovers and hard right. It didn't help as well that lots of right wing scum governing in other parts of the world (Trump, Johnson, Bolsonaro & Co) clearly encourages the hard right parts of National and ACT.

Whinging about the freedom to make other people sick like some National regional leaders do in times of a pandemic is just so - well, sickening.

I hope with you that we will soon have again a decent conservative / liberal block in New Zealand, but at this stage with bully Collins, inept Brownlee and many hard right wing creepy crawlies in National airing their new found freedom to behave Trumpesk ... we are clearly not there.

I hope National will use the next three years better than the last three years to clean out its pig stye.
    Long long dribble (as usual) to a simple question :

You have not answered the Maori question.
    Last edited by Balance; 15-08-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Long long dribble (as usual) to a simple question :

You have not answered the Maori question.
    Very arrogant and in the context of the discussion irrelevant post (as usual), indicating you did not bother to understand my point but prefer to change the subject of the discussion by being rude. Just because you choose to throw a dead cat on the table does not mean everybody needs to change the subject as you please ...

My point was that National lost its liberal wing, which means the the extreme right (probably in combination with some pseudo religious nutters) are taking control of the party. They are not anymore representing the majority of the people in NZ, which means they won't make it into government, unless they change ...

I didn't say that they are the only radical elements in the game ... if you feel that one or some Maori groups are as well unable to express their demands in an for the majority of decent people acceptable way than this may or may not be true, but it is irrelevant for our discussion about National.

No need to respond to your dead cat ... and I have honestly no view on the latter subject.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    You may be right. I know my skin crawls when she refers to 5 million people with no common thread as 'a team'. A corny and childish platitude.
    I think it is the messenger you are reacting to rather than hearing the message.

The common thread is that we are New Zealanders. And we all need to unite to fight the virus, which means abiding by the restrictions, rules, lockdowns, and handwashing.
    I think the problem is that you are uncomfortable with a woman leader, who is the leader of the Labour Party, both of which in your opinion and some others are not competent and suitable to be running the country. A woman who is occasionally called a communist.
    You would be more comfortable if it was John Key as Prime Minister invoking the image of the All Blacks as a team uniting all New Zealanders to fight against the virus, and then you would be more likely to hear the message.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    I think it is the messenger you are reacting to rather than hearing the message.

The common thread is that we are New Zealanders. And we all need to unite to fight the virus, which means abiding by the restrictions, rules, lockdowns, and handwashing.
    I think the problem is that you are uncomfortable with a woman leader, who is the leader of the Labour Party, both of which in your opinion and some others are not competent and suitable to be running the country. A woman who is occasionally called a communist.
    You would be more comfortable if it was John Key as Prime Minister invoking the image of the All Blacks as a team uniting all New Zealanders to fight against the virus, and then you would be more likely to hear the message.
    I'm sure fungus pudding will be chuffed that you have taken the time to dive into his feelings and give advice. It's what we are encouraged to do these days along with being kind and washing hands.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    He's a person speaking his mind. A rare thing in the PC woke world in which Labour and the Greens exist.

moka, be so kind as to explain the exit strategy from NZ's level one and associated closed borders. I'd really love to know so that I can explain to my grandchildren why it is they are still paying of the debt in thirty years time. I don't recall Labour telling us when they committed to spending 150+ billion dollars.

From what I can tell it must be based on the gamble of a vaccine becoming available to the public within the next 12 months (backdated to April). How's that working out?

At what point do we abandon the closed borders and write of 150+ billion to experience?
    No answer to this moka? Any Labourite care to enlighten me as to what the exit strategy is?