sharetrader
Page 6 of 505 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Hes innocent or guilty ay. My opinion is he has lied.
    Are you talking about Kavanaugh or JLR?

Kavanaugh is innocent, Ford is guilty of lying. The evidence points to that, its not conclusive but the weight would support it.

As for JLR or Soimon Bridges, I think JLR is going down in flames and is lying. Simon has handled this badly and needs to resign.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    As for JLR or Soimon Bridges, I think JLR is going down in flames and is lying. Simon has handled this badly and needs to resign.
    As for JLR or Simon Bridges, I think Simon is going down in flames and is lying. JLR has handled this magnificently and has already resigned.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    As for JLR or Simon Bridges, I think Simon is going down in flames and is lying. JLR has handled this magnificently and has already resigned.
    Well fair call, you are entitled to your opinion. Simon just needs to resign but I think he is too stupid to even contemplate that.

Advanced Member

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Well fair call, you are entitled to your opinion. Simon just needs to resign but I think he is too stupid to even contemplate that.
    National moved into survival mode today. No way all those standing behind him actually support him, it was just concealing the knives behind his back. They've been here before and spent a long time in opposition as a result of in-party devision. I reckon it will be the end of Simon, and the patient calculating politician will emerge soon enough as the new leader. She might not be the most popular but she will galvanise the party and ensure a robust opposition and position going into the election. It may even test the notion that a populist always wins an election. Better someone with substance imho, galvanise the electorate. Meanwhile the current mis match in government will be laughing their heads off, a welcome respite from the real issues they face. National will act quickly imo to do the best thing for the party and revert to being effective opposition. With Bridges at the helm that can't happen. So he's a goner, end of. JLR will win the battle, but neither of them will win the war. Sionara babies.

IMO

Note who was standing behind bridges back ,the other applicants for the leadership . Which one is holding the proverbial knife. I think collins would be another big mistake for national , she has serious baggage (reading Dirty Politics by Nicky Hagar was a real eye opener) . Mitchell (to my recollection)won't confirm or deny he killed the enemy as a sniper in an army, def not a good look for leader here..
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 16-10-2018 at 08:22 PM.

IMO

Guess who was playing this on his phone and chortling?

https://youtu.be/kgeIINs1TrQ

​winston of course.

All we need is JLR to hand his evidence to the Police. They will investigate quickly - we know they can because they were pretty quick getting involved in politics when they cleared the PM's partner of various rumours. Leave it for the investigation and see what happens - or the release of the audio by JLR tomorrow.

I think Bridges has done the right thing - JLR was clearly a cancer that needed to be found and cut out. If JLR wasnt happy with Bridges leadership there were options open to him to get change - he was the numbers man. The numbers were either for or against change at current time. He obviously has had a hissy fit over the numbers

Weird distraction for a change

All this carry on should raise concerns about the (unhealthy) influence that the PRC is having on our elected officials
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    All this carry on should raise concerns about the (unhealthy) influence that the PRC is having on our elected officials
    Totally with you on this one. And that goes for Labour just as much as National. (sorry you said elected officials I just realised). It is a worry the influence that communist China is trying to exert on smaller nations around the globe. NZ is obviously not exempt.