sharetrader
Page 109 of 505 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Advanced Member

Looks like that rogue poll wasn’t so rouge afterall ....

PM Jacinda Ardern maintains ‘crushing’ lead over new National leader Judith Collins

https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/8...0-202008070802

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    Looks like that rogue poll wasn’t so rouge afterall ....

PM Jacinda Ardern maintains ‘crushing’ lead over new National leader Judith Collins

https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/8...0-202008070802
    https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/7...7-201709151750

As expected....

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12354807

The top new candidate on the list is Nancy Lu, who is at 26.

Lu has been given one of the few list-only slots National allows for, and is ranked above other sitting List MPs Parmjeet Parmar, Agnes Loheni and Alfred Ngaro.

Lu's high ranking follows the decision by Jian Yang - National's only Chinese MP - to retire

Advanced Member

Yesterdays news from a yesterday person

Advanced Member

Visiting an ANZ bank yesterday in Auckland , couldn’t help but notice a First Security guard violently sneezing & just using his hand in front of his face ( not elbow). He then went and hung up some Covid app signs & touching other surfaces with germs all over his hands, ironical since his primary job is about protection. People were quietly saying he needs to go home, he’s obviously sick. But understandably he probably needed income to pay rent, support his family etc. I quietly suggested to an ANZ staff they suggest he cleaned his hand with hand sanitizer as he was spreading germs around the bank with every touch. They felt unable to say anything.
    My point is, if we get community transmission in here, with this sort of complacency from supposedly trained security people, & others feel it too culturally insensitive to say anything, we are going to be in deep trouble.
    The other point is National & Labour have pushed back on extending sick leave from 5 days for us ordinary folk while MP Todd Muller just had 2 months paid sick leave so it seems one rule for MPs and another for the rest of us. Possibly the security guard had used up all his sick leave & had no option but to go to work but in this new environment that puts us all at risk. I don’t know what the answer is, obviously 2 months paid sick leave for everyone would be ridiculous. And not having a crack at Muller, am sure Labour MP’s equally privileged.
    Interested in others opinions.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Visiting an ANZ bank yesterday in Auckland , couldn’t help but notice a First Security guard violently sneezing & just using his hand in front of his face ( not elbow). He then went and hung up some Covid app signs & touching other surfaces with germs all over his hands, ironical since his primary job is about protection. People were quietly saying he needs to go home, he’s obviously sick. But understandably he probably needed income to pay rent, support his family etc. I quietly suggested to an ANZ staff they suggest he cleaned his hand with hand sanitizer as he was spreading germs around the bank with every touch. They felt unable to say anything.
    My point is, if we get community transmission in here, with this sort of complacency from supposedly trained security people, & others feel it too culturally insensitive to say anything, we are going to be in deep trouble.
    The other point is National & Labour have pushed back on extending sick leave from 5 days for us ordinary folk while MP Todd Muller just had 2 months paid sick leave so it seems one rule for MPs and another for the rest of us. Possibly the security guard had used up all his sick leave & had no option but to go to work but in this new environment that puts us all at risk. I don’t know what the answer is, obviously 2 months paid sick leave for everyone would be ridiculous. And not having a crack at Muller, am sure Labour MP’s equally privileged.
    Why don't you employ him, then you can pay him as much sick leave as you want to ?

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=fungus pudding;835197]Why don't you employ him, then you can pay him as much sick leave as you want to ?[/QUOTE

Ha, shot, but I think we already do employ those MP’s, but why do we give them 2 months paid sick leave & not anyone else. Should be 5 days paid like everyone else, country can’t afford it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Could be that he wasn't sick at all.
    People often have sneezing attacks for pollen or even just change of air.
    Assumption seems to have been made that the guard was I'll.

Legend

[QUOTE=Blue Skies;835202]
    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Why don't you employ him, then you can pay him as much sick leave as you want to ?[/QUOTE

Ha, shot, but I think we already do employ those MP’s, but why do we give them 2 months paid sick leave & not anyone else. Should be 5 days paid like everyone else, country can’t afford it.
    They don't work on an hourly rate, and aren't costed that way. If you would like similar treatment, go and win your electorate seat, or maybe you could gain a spot on a party list. I doubt if you would think it was a good salary and benefit package after the first month. The good ones, and every party has some good ones, certainly earn their keep.

Most of our staff consume their 5 days sick leave per year. According to figures from the EMA that's normal, apparently, so we'd need to assume all 10 days would be taken per annum when factoring this into our cost structure. That is, of course, unless a Government intend to fund this as a temporary measure via taxation, but obviously there's still a cost involved.