sharetrader
Page 103 of 505 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

OK Balance. before I put you back on ignore, I’m going to try something new. I have one question for you, which I would very much appreciate a mature and full answer to.

Put all your ranting and raving about Labour and Jacinda aside for a minute. Tell me exactly what you want to see whichever party wins the election - promise to do over the next 3 years post election. Give me a detailed list please clearly outlining each point on your “Government To Do List” with an explanation for how you expect said government to achieve each item on the list.

This will give you the opportunity to make your case for policy you want to see in place, regardless of which party is in power, and who knows, it might help us get a better picture of what it is you want, without the distraction of all the usual blather. No mention of Labour or Jacinda, or National or Collins. All I am interested in is policy/projects/plans for NZ for the next 3 years.

Over to you. The floor is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Property tax & estate duties to start with - envy taxes so that they can breed more beneficiaries and for longer.

Notice how Comrade Cindy & her team of incompetents duck & dive & deflect to the need to manage the pandemic whenever they are asked about taxes?
    Last edited by justakiwi; 03-08-2020 at 07:29 PM.

Advanced Member

Justakiwi, I'd like to be kind but your request is just ridiculous. You might get further if you took the lead and provided your own list on the same lines for scrutiny.

Yep, I expected at least one of you to respond with that. But tell me ... why is it ridiculous? We have had to put up with Balance’s never ending, ranting and raving for months now. The same nauseous “Comrade Cindy” and “Kiwibuild anyone?” comments, day after day after day. Some people have tried to meet him halfway with attempts a mature discussion, others, like me, have eventually lost our cool and spoken our minds. Nothing has made any difference. So what is wrong with attempting to pull back on the drama, and give him an opportunity to tell us all what it is he actually wants? Remove all the bull**** and distraction from the equation, and get down to the bare bones.

I want to know what Balance wants from the next government - regardless of which party that ends up being. I want nuts and bolts from him for once. I don’t see how that is a ridiculous request at all. It is an attempt to restore this ongoing drama to some kind of mature and respectful discussion.

But hey, if Balance (or anyone else) can’t see my post in the light it was intended, that’s fine with me. I have had my hand on the front door handle for some time now - I’m happy to walk on out and close it behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Justakiwi, I'd like to be kind but your request is just ridiculous. You might get further if you took the lead and provided your own list on the same lines for scrutiny.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 03-08-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Why exactly is Justakiwis request ridiculous? I took it as a genuine request to actually find out what it is that Balance wants from the next government without all the “Comrade Cindy” crap which quite frankly is just a smoke screen he hides behind when he actually hasnt got anything sensible or constructive to say. Thankfully even if he does reply I wont be reading it as he is already on my ignore list.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Yep, I expected at least one of you to respond with that. But tell me ... why is it ridiculous? We have had to put up with Balance’s never ending, ranting and raving for months now. The same nauseous “Comrade Cindy” and “Kiwibuild anyone?” comments, day after day after day. Some people have tried to meet him halfway with attempts a mature discussion, others, like me, have eventually lost our cool and spoken our minds. Nothing has made any difference. So what is wrong with attempting to pull back on the drama, and give him an opportunity to tell us all what it is he actually wants? Remove all the bull**** and distraction from the equation, and get down to the bare bones.

I want to know what Balance wants from the next government - regardless of which party that ends up being. I want nuts and bolts from him for once. I don’t see how that is a ridiculous request at all. It is an attempt to restore this ongoing drama to some kind of mature and respectful discussion.

But hey, if Balance (or anyone else) can’t see my post in the light it was intended, that’s fine with me. I have had my hand on the front door handle for some time now - I’m happy to walk on out and close it behind me.
    I can see what you want, but I don’t care in the least what balance wants. That’s possibly what might derail your question. Balance is just one voice in the wilderness of the Internet, albeit an incessant strident voice, if you don’t like it ignore it. Better than dwelling on it like he’s some luminary which he clearly isn’t. Look after your own mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I can see what you want, but I don’t care in the least what balance wants. That’s possibly what might derail your question. Balance is just one voice in the wilderness of the Internet, albeit an incessant strident voice, if you don’t like it ignore it. Better than dwelling on it like he’s some luminary which he clearly isn’t. Look after your own mental health.
    Completely agree Baa Baa

I was actually trying to be the bigger person, and give him a chance to just be upfront and honest (without the drama) rather than simply putting him back on ignore without one last attempt at a mature conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Why exactly is Justakiwis request ridiculous? I took it as a genuine request to actually find out what it is that Balance wants from the next government without all the “Comrade Cindy” crap which quite frankly is just a smoke screen he hides behind when he actually hasnt got anything sensible or constructive to say. Thankfully even if he does reply I wont be reading it as he is already on my ignore list.
    It is ridiculous because she is asking for detailed policy plans and expected outcomes from a moniker on a chat website, while at the same time she has informed us she herself will vote for a party that has no election policies or expected outcomes to which to judge them by. As cynical as it gets, but totally in line with the party she supports.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It is ridiculous because she is asking for detailed policy plans and expected outcomes from a moniker on a chat website, while at the same time she has informed us she herself will vote for a party that has no election policies or expected outcomes to which to judge them by. As cynical as it gets, but totally in line with the party she supports.
    I am expecting some election policies to be announced very soon, by all parties. Well I certainly hope so. It has been an extremely eventful year so I can understand why the run up to the elections has been somewhat curtailed while the government is dealing with a Covid pandemic.

I still dont see why it is a ridiculous question TBH but each to their own

IMO

Its ridiculous because you cant reason with a Toon in a mirror.