sharetrader
Page 53 of 505 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tga_trader View Post
    Ditto to your ditto and I've heard the same from many people. It's going to be a very interesting election.
    Yes. I think Act will do well this time and be extremely well positioned by the 2023 election. Even Ms. Pudding is leaning their way; always was but more-so after going to listen to David Seymour last week. National should have their leadership sorted out by then, and voters will have discovered that behind Jacinda and Robertson there is ......nothing. So I think I'll just be kind to everyone and watch the world go by for the next 3 years which I've written off for National.

Guru

National need to stop their propensity to run a dirty campaign.
    They are a shambles (to use Muller's favourite word).
    At the moment they couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag let alone manage the country.

Guru

National would have nothing to run on if the RMA was reformed, so maybe Act can help Labour to pass the changes they want to make. I've been impressed with the conviction of their (though rare) deviation from National and bipartisanship on social issues.

Their list is not very diverse though and includes some "pro-gun" people..

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    National need to stop their propensity to run a dirty campaign.
    They are a shambles (to use Muller's favourite word).
    At the moment they couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag let alone manage the country.
    Sadly, that's pretty much the situation. Not a great deal of choice come September, between two unattractive major parties and/or the minnows.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post

What is wrong with "pro-gun" people? I am a pro-gun person, I like to hunt and will sometimes bring home some bacon (literally) or even better some venison for the family.

As for diversity, I see plenty there. There is a former policeman, a civil engineer, a business owner, a corporate affairs consultant, a self-employed mother, an activist...... it goes on. A lot of diversity as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by blackcap; 13-07-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Advanced Member

National would have nothing to run on if the RMA was reformed, so maybe Act can help Labour to pass the changes they want to make. I've been impressed with the conviction of their (though rare) deviation from National and bipartisanship on social issues.

ACT have 13 firearm owners on their party list including passionate gun lobbyist Nicole Mckee 3rd on the list and a 27 year old backroom staffer 2nd on the list.
    Seriously who in their right mind would put the responsibility for governing the country in the hands of these people?
    My impression of Seymour after meeting him is a friendly guy but seriously deluded with a very idealistic but unworldly immature view of the world. Like a teenage son or daughter who is adamant they know everything but actually not.

We have just got around 60,000 mainly military style semi automatic weapons taken out of circulation in NZ, & the next step is a gun register so we know who owns these weapons.
    Like the smoking cessation programs, it won't stop everyone smoking at once but with the ongoing reduction in a few years time it will be very hard for criminals & gangs to obtain these military style weapons.
    The Police strongly support this as do most of the country.
    ACT voted against these reforms.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    What is wrong with "pro-gun" people? I am a pro-gun person, I like to hunt and will sometimes bring home some bacon (literally) or even better some venison for the family.

As for diversity, I see plenty there. There is a former policeman, a civil engineer, a business owner, a corporate affairs consultant, a self-employed mother, an activist...... it goes on. A lot of diversity as far as I can tell.
    Looking at the photos (rather going by the names in the news) it does seem slightly more diverse than I thought, at least compared to National. The gender ratio can be improved. Maybe brooke should be number one since she could conceivably attract people from the left.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 13-07-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    ACT have 13 firearm owners on their party list including passionate gun lobbyist Nicole Mckee 3rd on the list and a 27 year old backroom staffer 2nd on the list.
    Seriously who in their right mind would put the responsibility for governing the country in the hands of these people?
    My impression of Seymour after meeting him is a friendly guy but seriously deluded with a very idealistic but unworldly immature view of the world. Like a teenage son or daughter who is adamant they know everything but actually not.

We have just got around 60,000 mainly military style semi automatic weapons taken out of circulation in NZ, & the next step is a gun register so we know who owns these weapons.
    Like the smoking cessation programs, it won't stop everyone smoking at once but with the ongoing reduction in a few years time it will be very hard for criminals & gangs to obtain these military style weapons.
    The Police strongly support this as do most of the country.
    ACT voted against these reforms.
    Yes they are fans of the American, rather than European approach to things. despite them being an epic failure. wasn't it act who came up with the three strikes policy?
    How does being tough on crime gel with their priority for freedom in most other areas.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 13-07-2020 at 12:59 PM.

Guru

Looking at the photos (rather than the names in the news) it does look slightly more diverse than I thought,
    How can looking at photo's imply diversity? That is one weird way of looking at things mate.

Normally I can tell very little about a person and their views by looking at a photo.

Legend

Looking at the photos (rather than the names in the news) it does look slightly more diverse than I thought, at least compared to National. The gender ratio can be improved. Maybe brooke should be number one since she could conceivably attract people from the left of politics.
    There is something seriously stupid about picking candidates based on gender.