sharetrader
Page 170 of 505 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    many more slogans ...to come "team 5 million" time to pay much more ... as the books aren't going to look pretty going forward unless Labour can get some more going into the coffers .. can't pay for all the promises with more promises
    Not a great time to be in charge of the treasury benches! Will the team of five million be so forgiving after three more years? We will need more than smiles and empathy, tea and sympathy. Tough decisions ahead - winners and losers. Real estate owners are already among the winners; higher income earners among the losers.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    What's your point, why should it matter if Act or National have any openly gay MP's or not, many who are entitled to their opinion will see that as a positive.
    It should be irrelevant. Why do think some people would see it is a positive though?

I would be happy just to have hard working and effective MPs not into conspiracy theories, privileged information leaks and self-promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Not a great time to be in charge of the treasury benches! Will the team of five million be so forgiving after three more years? We will need more than smiles and empathy, tea and sympathy. Tough decisions ahead - winners and losers. Real estate owners are already among the winners; higher income earners among the losers.
    There’s enough tax loopholes to drive several trucks through for the higher income earners to minimise their taxes.

NZ needs a CGT but we know that’s off the agenda - the Economic non-performance & mess of Cindy’s First term is going to get Worse.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    There’s enough tax loopholes to drive several trucks through for the higher income earners to minimise their taxes.

Please let me know what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Capital gains, fp.

Seriously, talk to your tax accountant or lawyer.

Here’s one way - true & tried. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/no-tax-for-trade-me-millionaire/AKW6GEETFDSUUBZ36DU2GMOBUI/
    Last edited by Balance; 20-10-2020 at 09:01 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Capital gains, fp.

Seriously, talk to your tax accountant or lawyer.

Here’s one way - true & tried. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/no-tax...BZ36DU2GMOBUI/
    You mentioned income tax. Capital gains are not income. Morgan pays next to no tax as he has next to no income. I would like to pay less tax on my income - so what are the loopholes that I could drive a truck through? If you have a serious answer - please let me know, and I'll pass it on to my lawyer and my accountant.

Guru

What's your point, why should it matter if Act or National have any openly gay MP's or not, many who are entitled to their opinion will see that as a positive.
    I have read this again. So, far from its being irrelevant, I understand what you are implying now: There are many in the National Party who are either homophobic or wish that if there are any gay National MPs, that they remain in the closet. Is that correct? Is that the Trump/Putin wing of The Party? Are you OK with that for the contemporary National or ACT Party?

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    With balance, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. There are substantial businesses/charities driven by the high net worth people, usually self employed, which allows them to derive a cashflow as a proxy for income yet not taxed. Still its not taxable income. High income for many in this country are wage/salary earners thru the paye system there is very little they can do until they accumulate substantial wealth which takes you back to my first point.

Hot currently is a NGO securing those juicy Govt. contracts by employing some Wellington insiders and perhaps also sell one of you business in there so you can be paid via the cashflow generated against the loan/advanced owed..

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Why, they can max it for another three years easy, most spending will happen in year 3...

Yeah why do the Greens not attract straight men to their list of MPs....I like the diversity of thought and experience that come from a representative population onto a party list.