sharetrader
Page 108 of 505 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    And it is not possible for minds to meet when the other side is pre-occupied with focusing on failures rather than facing the facts.
    And the posts with the constant focus on the failures by this government after it made huge promises to get elected are nothing but boring and repetitive, and a process of dumbing us down. How about some stimulating discussion?
    You can start by explaining how the government can get its promises so very very wrong?

You are either incapable of understanding what moka or I are saying/asking you, or you are being a PITA for the sake of it.

As I said in my first post - tell us ​what you want from whichever party is in power, not what you’re unhappy about. We know what you’re unhappy about, so you don’t need to keep repeating it. It’s not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    You can start by explaining how the government can get its promises so very very wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    You are either incapable of understanding what moka or I are saying/asking you, or you are being a PITA for the sake of it.

As I said in my first post - tell us ​what you want from whichever party is in power, not what you’re unhappy about. We know what you’re unhappy about, so you don’t need to keep repeating it. It’s not rocket science.
    As I have explained, happy to do so once Moka or you explain how a government can make such huge promises and fail so totally to deliver.

Then, I will give you the solutions.

No. I’m not playing your childish little games anymore Balance. I invited you to have a mature discussion with me, as an alternative to the backwards and forwards arguments we have had in the past, as I actually felt bad about some of those. But you are clearly not interested.

I have better things to do with my time that are much more rewarding and much less stressful.

I’m out.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    As I have explained, happy to do so once Moka or you explain how a government can make such huge promises and fail so totally to deliver.

Then, I will give you the solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    No. I’m not playing your childish little games anymore Balance. I invited you to have a mature discussion with me, as an alternative to the backwards and forwards arguments we have had in the past, as I actually felt bad about some of those. But you are clearly not interested.

I have better things to do with my time that are much more rewarding and much less stressful.

I’m out.
    That's odd. You want someone to do a whole bunch of work to support their position but when asked to reciprocate you refuse, how does that work? I don't think that you can defend that the current government has failed to deliver on quite a lot of what they promised, like most do actually, but be honest they didn't just miss by a wee bit! Luckily I suspect that nobody really believed what they promised in the first place.

I fear that this last point is actually the key one, promise big, get into power, worry about it later. Like a few on here I am honestly struggling to find someone to vote for this election

I don’t want him to do a whole bunch of work on anything. I simply want him to stop whinging and tell me what he would like to see our government (regardless of party) do in terms of policy or promises. He has been ranting and raving for months, trashing our PM and current government so surely the least he should be able to do is verbalise what it is he thinks they should be doing.

If you want the “kids in the sandpit” answer to your comment re me “refusing to reciprocate” - here it is. I asked him first but he responded with a “you show me yours then I’ll show you mine.” We could play that game till the cows come home. Once again, for those who seem unable to grasp it - I was trying to be the bigger person and initiate a mature debate instead of losing my cool with Balance (as eventually always happens). Why on earth I bothered, I have no idea.

So yes, I am out, and Balance is back on ignore. I simply don’t need or want this constant BS anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jmsnz View Post
    That's odd. You want someone to do a whole bunch of work to support their position but when asked to reciprocate you refuse, how does that work? I don't think that you can defend that the current government has failed to deliver on quite a lot of what they promised, like most do actually, but be honest they didn't just miss by a wee bit! Luckily I suspect that nobody really believed what they promised in the first place.

I fear that this last point is actually the key one, promise big, get into power, worry about it later. Like a few on here I am honestly struggling to find someone to vote for this election
    Last edited by justakiwi; 08-08-2020 at 08:45 AM.

I’d like the parties to lay down where they are taking the country in a Covid world. What’s their plan to maximise the NZ advantage of being one of the only Covid free(ish) countries in the world?

I’d vote for a party that didn’t open borders, concentrated on keeping us Covid Free, let the entrepreneurs come to us and transition us from a tourist service destination into a high tech, highly skilled team of 5 million.

I’ve not seen any inspiring vision, it’s all a bit local council atm.

Veteran novice

I’ve not seen any inspiring vision, it’s all a bit local council atm
    Don't expect too much of that from any of the participants, bullfrog - and you won't be disappointed.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
    I’d like the parties to lay down where they are taking the country in a Covid world. What’s their plan to maximise the NZ advantage of being one of the only Covid free(ish) countries in the world?

I’d vote for a party that didn’t open borders, concentrated on keeping us Covid Free, let the entrepreneurs come to us and transition us from a tourist service destination into a high tech, highly skilled team of 5 million.

I’ve not seen any inspiring vision, it’s all a bit local council atm.

Looking back to the start of the Covid pandemic, people could predict almost anything & to an extent at some point they would have turned out to be right. The rapidly unfolding situation was unlike anything the world had seen, reliable information was scarce, you could find experts in every field with contradictory views, no one actually knew how this would evolve & importantly we still don't. We just don't have the certainty around anything which planners and policy makers are used to, in order to formulate clear policy for the future.
    We just don't know yet when a vaccine or effective medication will arrive, & how effective it will be, how many people will get it etc. Are we looking at 2021 or the following year?
    Most NZ'ers are supposed to be experiencing an economic catastrophe right now, but clearly we're not. Things are tough for some but not nearly as bad as economists expected by now. Those predictions turned out to be wrong, though they might be right later.
    So my point is since everything is changing so rapidly, Gov'ts can only react to what's happening now, since we don't know with any certainty how this will unfold, & how long this situation will last.
    Dr Fauci seems confident a vaccine will be available mid next year, but who knows. Countries like Australia which were virtually Covid free & we planned to open the border with later this year, have plunged back into a mess again.
    How do you plan for this?
    It seems a little bit unrealistic to expect the Parties to lay down where they are taking the country in a Covid world, when the world situation is so rapidly changing & unpredictable.
    Having said that, given the world crisis, we do seem to be doing pretty well, certainly better than most.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmsnz View Post

justakiwi is spot on you need to read Balance comments better they are full of personal abuse, references to Hitler, comrade Cindy on on it goes