sharetrader
Page 7 of 505 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Totally with you on this one. And that goes for Labour just as much as National. (sorry you said elected officials I just realised). It is a worry the influence that communist China is trying to exert on smaller nations around the globe. NZ is obviously not exempt.
    MPs Raymond Huo and and Jian Yang seem to be ‘influencers’

This Yikun Zhang got something in the Queens Birthday Honours. Besides his more high level activity seems to have done a bit of work for the Southland District Council as well.

It’s a worry both Labour and National never really want to talk about their relationship with these people.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Totally with you on this one. And that goes for Labour just as much as National. (sorry you said elected officials I just realised). It is a worry the influence that communist China is trying to exert on smaller nations around the globe. NZ is obviously not exempt.
    Its a fact of life and one that has been around for ages. Nothing new here. Nothing to see here.

The Chinese, generally take a very long term view on things. This is at odds with our short term views. There will be no need for China to exert military might. They will have done so through economics.

Some may see this as a bad thing. But if we are going to be in a "global Market" or Global village" it goes with the territory. Additionally if you have investments more demand on a constriend supply equals better prices. There wil be much more value have Chinese in the school curricula than there will be for te reo.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    MPs Raymond Huo and and Jian Yang seem to be ‘influencers’

This Yikun Zhang got something in the Queens Birthday Honours. Besides his more high level activity seems to have done a bit of work for the Southland District Council as well.

It’s a worry both Labour and National never really want to talk about their relationship with these people.
    I posted this below earlier on labour thread. It is something to be concerned about, a soft invasion.Fragrant palm greasing, insiders etc. And we are very vulnerable to such a powerful and large trading partner we rely on for our exports. Things like having to hide protestors for tibet away when a chinese delegate visits.Subtle threats re goods being held up at ports due to "documentation" etc.

"Great article and a concern i often think about. Many Chinese immigrant residents here are very patriotic to China ahead of NZ. They have been indoctrinated continuously since birth to always support the Chinese govt for the GREATER good and dont even think about it(esp their leaders growing power over all), its programmed. And with many years of growth and boom times for China who would argue with that.Except they live here now.
    They use WeChat here (and there)for connecting with each other gathering info and doing payments separately to anything the rest of us use. Cash is used for many purchases and payments. They cant use facebook, google etc in China,its blocked is my understanding.

They can download many programmes/ movie/music/DVD to watch for free that most of us have to pay/subscribe for.
    I have heard the Chinese govt pays for flights or accomodation back home where they share stuff about nz, i know not what, maybe build networks, connections ,alliances , cultivating bank managers etc? These can be"cultural" trips back home to update traditional dance etc, teach english whilst back there etc. I have no problems with diversifying NZ,s multicultural population ,its a recent new norm and healthy, sometimes i just am a little concerned about how much is contributed to our country and how much may be stealthily taken away. Just my opinion and observations."

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I posted this below earlier on labour thread. It is something to be concerned about, a soft invasion.Fragrant palm greasing, insiders etc. And we are very vulnerable to such a powerful and large trading partner we rely on for our exports. Things like having to hide protestors for tibet away when a chinese delegate visits.Subtle threats re goods being held up at ports due to "documentation" etc.

"Great article and a concern i often think about. Many Chinese immigrant residents here are very patriotic to China ahead of NZ. They have been indoctrinated continuously since birth to always support the Chinese govt for the GREATER good and dont even think about it(esp their leaders growing power over all), its programmed. And with many years of growth and boom times for China who would argue with that.Except they live here now.
    They use WeChat here (and there)for connecting with each other gathering info and doing payments separately to anything the rest of us use. Cash is used for many purchases and payments. They cant use facebook, google etc in China,its blocked is my understanding.

They can download many programmes/ movie/music/DVD to watch for free that most of us have to pay/subscribe for.
    I have heard the Chinese govt pays for flights or accomodation back home where they share stuff about nz, i know not what, maybe build networks, connections ,alliances , cultivating bank managers etc? These can be"cultural" trips back home to update traditional dance etc, teach english whilst back there etc. I have no problems with diversifying NZ,s multicultural population ,its a recent new norm and healthy, sometimes i just am a little concerned about how much is contributed to our country and how much may be stealthily taken away. Just my opinion and observations."
    This did make the Guardian overnight and my US friends have already asked me again when will we take the Chinese influence seriously...yet I'm told back home that angle has been hardly been raised to date. It is all rather interesting and a concern.

Poor Maureen Pugh

Wonder if she had been told she’s f... useless, if not knows now
    Last edited by winner69; 17-10-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

She knows now winner after having a conversation with Simon. More importantly, why did JLR take this setup recording to the Police ? I hope for his sake, he’s got something better than this to back up his big and defamatory claims !!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    She knows now winner after having a conversation with Simon. More importantly, why did JLR take this setup recording to the Police ? I hope for his sake, he’s got something better than this to back up his big and defamatory claims !!
    I think this was his big revel - kinda like ole dotcom and the big reveal he was going to do. Both have ended up damp squibs.

JLR is clearly deranged. There is nothing in that recording that will get Bridges charged let alone convicted.

It strikes me as an ultimate betrayal of trust from Bridges and loyalty to National.

He probably has more recordings containing the likes of the Pugh (who is she??) comment that will be damaging to Bridges. But no more damaging if any person happened to record private conversations between people.

Now hi is unemployed I cant see him winning Botany. I cant see him being employable full stop. Who in their right mind would employ a person who so deviously and self-servingly betrays trust. (Hopefully teh missus is working - but I wouldn't employ her either).

Gotta hand it to him though. If their are ratbags in Labour, National has cleaned out the King of The Rats. A new benchmark has been set.

IMO

Sure has been the UTU of all UTU's atp,destroying himself in the process.

Dilettante

JLR going down in flames. The mind boggles https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2018/10/1...omen-speak-out

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    JLR going down in flames. The mind boggles https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2018/10/1...omen-speak-out
    it is amazing how this ratbag, who sounds to have been so unstable at times, got to such a senior position in a NZ political party. How many others like him are lurking in their midst?

Not many are coming out well from this:
    Simon Bridges: judges people’s ethnicity depending on how useful it is for his purposes!
    Last edited by Bjauck; 18-10-2018 at 07:03 AM.