sharetrader
Page 183 of 505 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    He means strong, intelligent women with principles, who are not afraid to stand up for what they believe in. He would much prefer they/we stuck to our kitchen, bedroom and Church “duties.”
    He meant precisely what I wrote above. Not the possessive version he wrote.
    Nor did he mean the tripe you wrote.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 31-10-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    He means strong, intelligent women with principles, who are not afraid to stand up for what they believe in.
    If by "He" you are referring to me, then, yes, that is sort of what I was referring to. That is not to say that there are not also intelligent strong principled women of various faiths who stand up for what they believe and who may support the National Party.

He would much prefer they/we stuck to our kitchen, bedroom and Church “duties.”
    What?Au contraire mon amie. It beats me how you could infer that. I can only suppose that you think I am like a hard right Archie Bunker and Alf Garnett from the 1960's.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 31-10-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    So it appears you meant more Vanessa Redgraves and Jane Fondas.
    Most readers are not mind readers.
    That is an impossibility - unless you have just developed human cloning and circumvented any ethical concerns...

I meant Women pursuing traditionally left-wing social causes, so, women of Vanessa Redgrave's and Jane Fonda's ilk.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    That is an impossibility - unless you have just developed human cloning and circumvented any ethical concerns...

I meant Women pursuing traditionally left-wing social causes, so, women of Vanessa Redgrave's and Jane Fonda's ilk.
    Yes. I had finally worked out what you meant. Now I'm trying to work out why!

Guru

Yes. I had finally worked out what you meant. Now I'm trying to work out why!
    It was perhaps a slightly flippant comment and had related to the finding of religiosity and right-wing political inclination in older women and the potential change in that as the modern era progresses.

My apologies to Justakiwi for any offence caused. It was not intended.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 31-10-2020 at 07:36 PM.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/123350020/shane-reti-becomes-new-deputy-leader-of-the-national-party

Shane Reti has become the new deputy leader of the National Party, in a meteoric rise up the party’s ranks.
    After Gerry Brownlee resigned from the deputy leadership job on Friday, the party met on Tuesday morning to hold a confidence vote on the leadership. Leader Judith Collins has retained her position, unopposed.
    Reti was appointed deputy leader by the party’s MPs, and was unopposed in his run for the position.
    He lost the Whangārei electorate at the counting of the special votes on Friday, but retained his seat in Parliament due to his high list ranking in the party.
    Matt Doocey has been chosen as the party’s new senior whip, and Maureen Pugh the deputy whip.

A country united in response to the Covid-19 pandemic and “shenanigans” within the National Party are two key reasons Father of the House Dr Nick Smith believes his party lost the 2020 election.

The “shenanigans” in the National Party over the past three years could not be ignored.
    “We had too many own goals whether it was issues with the Jami-Lee Ross, Hamish Walkers, the Andrew Falloons and what occurred in Auckland Central – all of them detracted from [the view of National] as competent managers,” Smith said. “My view is also the retirements that we had also contributed to a lack of confidence in the ability for National to go forward.

“Firstly, it is my view the New Zealand National Party needs stability and unity,” he said. “If changes in leadership was the answer, National would have easily won the election. We need to lock in behind Judith Collins for stability. Secondly, we need to have a very robust review, both of the party and of campaign 2020.”
    “It was a Labour king tide – or perhaps I should call it a queen tide, a queen red tide that got us.”

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...n-the-election

National has so few MPs that everyone got a portfolio in this reshuffle.
    National's list:

• 1. Judith Collins: Leader; spokesperson for national security and intelligence; Pacific peoples; technology, manufacturing and artificial intelligence
    • 2. Shane Reti: health; children including Oranga Tamariki and child poverty reduction
    • 3. Andrew Bayly: shadow treasurer; revenue; infrastructure; statistics
    • 4. Michael Woodhouse: finance; transport; deputy shadow leader of the house
    • 5. Louise Upston: Social development and employment; social investment; Whānau Ora; land information
    • 6. Todd McClay: economic development; small business; consumer affairs; tourism, associate Pacific peoples
    • 7. Simon Bridges: justice; water; Pike River re-entry; Māori-Crown relations
    • 8. Chris Bishop: Covid-19 response; shadow leader of the House
    • 9. Melissa Lee: broadcasting and digital media; digital economy; communications; ethnic communities
    • 10. Scott Simpson: environment, workplace relations, RMA environment
    • 11. David Bennett: agriculture, horticulture, biosecurity
    • 12. Paul Goldsmith: education
    • 13. Mark Mitchell: public service, SOE, sport and recreation
    • 14. Barbara Kuriger: energy and resources; rural communities; food safety, associate transport
    • 15. Gerry Brownlee: foreign Affairs; NZSIS and GCSB; associate finance
    • 16. Nicola Willis: RMA housing; housing and urban development including social; associate economic development
    • 17. Stewart Smith: climate change and viticulture
    • 18. Jacqui Dean: conservation; assistant speaker of the house
    • 19. Todd Muller: trade and export growth,
    • 20. Simeon Brown: police, corrections, SFO; youth
    • 21. Matt Doocey: chief whip; mental health; associate social development and employment; associate health
    • 22. Maureen Pugh: junior whip; community and voluntary sector; emergency management
    • 23. Nick Smith: research and science; electoral reform
    • 24. Chris Penk: shadow attorney-general; defence; courts; veterans
    • 25. Simon O'Connor: customs; arts, culture and heritage; associate foreign affairs
    • 26. Erica Stanford: immigration; early childhood education
    • 27. Ian McKelvie: seniors; forestry; racing; disability issues
    • 28. Tim van de Molen: oceans and fisheries; animal welfare; building and construction
    • 29. Nicola Grigg: women; associate trade; associate arts, culture and heritage
    • 30. Christopher Luxon: local government; iwi development; associate transport
    • 31. Joseph Mooney: Treaty negotiations; associate defence; associate tourism
    • 32. Penny Simmonds: tertiary education; associate agriculture; associate disability issues
    • 33. Simon Watts: ACC; associate health

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...ucus-reshuffle

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    National has so few MPs that everyone got a portfolio in this reshuffle.
    National's list:

• 1. Judith Collins: Leader; spokesperson for national security and intelligence; Pacific peoples; technology, manufacturing and artificial intelligence
    • 2. Shane Reti: health; children including Oranga Tamariki and child poverty reduction
    • 3. Andrew Bayly: shadow treasurer; revenue; infrastructure; statistics
    • 4. Michael Woodhouse: finance; transport; deputy shadow leader of the house
    • 5. Louise Upston: Social development and employment; social investment; Whānau Ora; land information
    • 6. Todd McClay: economic development; small business; consumer affairs; tourism, associate Pacific peoples
    • 7. Simon Bridges: justice; water; Pike River re-entry; Māori-Crown relations
    • 8. Chris Bishop: Covid-19 response; shadow leader of the House
    • 9. Melissa Lee: broadcasting and digital media; digital economy; communications; ethnic communities
    • 10. Scott Simpson: environment, workplace relations, RMA environment
    • 11. David Bennett: agriculture, horticulture, biosecurity
    • 12. Paul Goldsmith: education
    • 13. Mark Mitchell: public service, SOE, sport and recreation
    • 14. Barbara Kuriger: energy and resources; rural communities; food safety, associate transport
    • 15. Gerry Brownlee: foreign Affairs; NZSIS and GCSB; associate finance
    • 16. Nicola Willis: RMA housing; housing and urban development including social; associate economic development
    • 17. Stewart Smith: climate change and viticulture
    • 18. Jacqui Dean: conservation; assistant speaker of the house
    • 19. Todd Muller: trade and export growth,
    • 20. Simeon Brown: police, corrections, SFO; youth
    • 21. Matt Doocey: chief whip; mental health; associate social development and employment; associate health
    • 22. Maureen Pugh: junior whip; community and voluntary sector; emergency management
    • 23. Nick Smith: research and science; electoral reform
    • 24. Chris Penk: shadow attorney-general; defence; courts; veterans
    • 25. Simon O'Connor: customs; arts, culture and heritage; associate foreign affairs
    • 26. Erica Stanford: immigration; early childhood education
    • 27. Ian McKelvie: seniors; forestry; racing; disability issues
    • 28. Tim van de Molen: oceans and fisheries; animal welfare; building and construction
    • 29. Nicola Grigg: women; associate trade; associate arts, culture and heritage
    • 30. Christopher Luxon: local government; iwi development; associate transport
    • 31. Joseph Mooney: Treaty negotiations; associate defence; associate tourism
    • 32. Penny Simmonds: tertiary education; associate agriculture; associate disability issues
    • 33. Simon Watts: ACC; associate health

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...ucus-reshuffle
    Certainly a lot of talent there. All they need now is a new leader.

Advanced Member

Certainly a lot of talent there. All they need now is a new leader.
    Interested to know your reasoning about the leader. Ms Collins has been in the role for a short time, and I doubt she has been lying on the beach in Bali. The first priority IMO is to trenchantly address disunity issues. Done, probably. Then plan and execute the plan.