sharetrader
Page 112 of 505 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Dilettante

dobby I'm not sure you are reading the electorate right. I suspect people have had enough of Jacinda's childish empty slogans and failures with nearly every single issue by this Government. The tide may well turn very quickly.
    Last edited by iceman; 14-08-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Better get used to the idea of another progressive government ... and don't don't forget ... be kind ;
    Does not really matter to me - I do well irrespective of which government is in power.

What matters however is that issues are surfaced for all to see - something that Labourites here desperately try to cover up.

Will not work with me so stop trying.

Kiwibuild and effective quarantine, anyone?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Does not really matter to me - I do well irrespective of which government is in power.

What matters however is that issues are surfaced for all to see - something that Labourites here desperately try to cover up.

Will not work with me so stop trying.

Kiwibuild and effective quarantine, anyone?
    What might make the difference is which party is in when you boot the bucket. I'm sure Labour will be scheming up the bad old days of gift and cark duties.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    dobby I'm not sure you are reading the electorate right. I suspect people have had enough of Jacinda's childish empty slogans and failures with nearly every single issue by this Government. The tide may will turn very quickly.
    Only a few people see what Jacinda says as childish empty slogans. Most people like and admire how she communicates. She has a different kind of leadership, one that puts kindness at the top of the agenda, and not everyone has accepts how effective this style of leadership can be.
    Many people see and focus on the successes and not the failures of the government. The success of containing the virus previously. The tide has not turned yet and is unlikely to as long as she demonstrates empathetic leadership.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12352474
    Colmar Brunton political poll: Judith Collins, National flounder; Labour, Jacinda Ardern rise
    https://www.interest.co.nz/news/1064...-lead-over-new
    Latest Roy Morgan poll shows PM Jacinda Ardern maintains ‘crushing’ lead over new National leader Judith Collins

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Only a few people see what Jacinda says as childish empty slogans. Most people like and admire how she communicates. She has a different kind of leadership, one that puts kindness at the top of the agenda, and not everyone has accepts how effective this style of leadership can be.
    Many people see and focus on the successes and not the failures of the government. The success of containing the virus previously. The tide has not turned yet and is unlikely to as long as she demonstrates empathetic leadership.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12352474
    Colmar Brunton political poll: Judith Collins, National flounder; Labour, Jacinda Ardern rise
    https://www.interest.co.nz/news/1064...-lead-over-new
    Latest Roy Morgan poll shows PM Jacinda Ardern maintains ‘crushing’ lead over new National leader Judith Collins
    And in the real world, this is what is happening - complete failure to adhere to very basic precautions :

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...tomatic-people

A woman tested at an Auckland pop-up clinic had to queue in a tent with other symptomatic people – with little social distancing and hardly anyone wearing a mask.

Begs the question as to what is actually happening at the border and quarantine centers, does it not?

Cindy's new slogan : Let's Keep Spreading?
    Last edited by Balance; 14-08-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Interview with Opposition Health spokesperson Dr Shane Reti, very pleased to see the moderate considered response. But commonsense doesn’t make headline news, drama and extremism like Gerry Brownlee’s comments do.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...=6180926790001
    Despite the criticism of the Labour-led Government’s handling of the border and the latest Covid-19 outbreak by the National Party, Dr Reti says the Government is "doing its best" with its pandemic response.
    “I think the Government is doing the best that it can, it’s a hard problem.”
    “I went and had a meeting with Chris Hipkins and it was very productive, we have open communication channels with the Government.”
    The very last thing I said with him at the meeting was, ‘Chris, how can we help? What can we do?’ and he said ‘there is something you can do. Can you speak with your GP colleagues and see if they can help us with testing?'”

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Interview with Opposition Health spokesperson Dr Shane Reti, very pleased to see the moderate considered response. But commonsense doesn’t make headline news, drama and extremism like Gerry Brownlee’s comments do.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...=6180926790001
    Despite the criticism of the Labour-led Government’s handling of the border and the latest Covid-19 outbreak by the National Party, Dr Reti says the Government is "doing its best" with its pandemic response.
    “I think the Government is doing the best that it can, it’s a hard problem.”
    “I went and had a meeting with Chris Hipkins and it was very productive, we have open communication channels with the Government.”
    The very last thing I said with him at the meeting was, ‘Chris, how can we help? What can we do?’ and he said ‘there is something you can do. Can you speak with your GP colleagues and see if they can help us with testing?'”
    Help with testing?

When the government and MOH cannot even get basic health precautions & protocols in place?

Let’s keep spreading.
    Last edited by Balance; 14-08-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    What might make the difference is which party is in when you boot the bucket. I'm sure Labour will be scheming up the bad old days of gift and cark duties.
    Just lets face it - any honest and sustainable government will need to raise taxes to pay for the cost of Covid-19, the tsunami in old people (health system & super) and the cost of climate change.

Any politician stating something different is either a short-termer (kicking the can down the road) or lying.

It is a different discussion what the best way it is to raise this money, but personally ... I don't think I would mind a lot whatever the tax rate is when I kick the bucket ; Might be even one of the less annoying (and fairer) taxes.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Best example of how incompetent MOH & this government are :

‘We round up sheep, we do not round up people’ said Bloomfield on Wednesday morning. By yesterday, he had ordered people to be rounded up like sheep into quarantine centres.

Very clear that Bloomfield is being coached by the same PR team which coaches Cindy & her team of incompetents.
    Fact checking. Bloomfield did not order people to be rounded up into quarantine centres, those people wanted to go.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12356559
    When asked why families who recently tested positive to Covid-19 were now being taken into quarantine facilities just hours after director general of Health Ashley Bloomfield said New Zealand rounded up sheep rather than people, Megan Woods said they wanted to.
    Woods, who is in charge of managed isolation facilities, said some of the people who were testing positive actually wanted to go into quarantine.
    "They wanted to isolate themselves away from family members who haven't tested positive," she said.
    Some of the families were big families living in single houses and so quarantine was a good option, Woods said.

Advanced Member

Fact check. As of yesterday mandatory quarantining for positive cases, and in some cases also family members.
    Last edited by artemis; 14-08-2020 at 01:27 PM.