sharetrader
Page 115 of 505 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    I'm sure fungus pudding will be chuffed that you have taken the time to dive into his feelings and give advice. It's what we are encouraged to do these days along with being kind and washing hands.
    Yes. I'm always grateful for the services of a mind reader. Especially when supplied gratis.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    No answer to this moka? Any Labourite care to enlighten me as to what the exit strategy is?
    Crusher isn't going to let it in either so maybe they will have the same exit strategy?

I do wonder how long we can keep the current settings though.
    It seems 'experts' think elimination is still the best strategy, depends on which experts you choose like for all other advice.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300082182/coronavirus-elimination-of-covid19-still-best-strategy-for-nz-experts-say
    Last edited by dobby41; 15-08-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    I think it is the messenger you are reacting to rather than hearing the message.

The common thread is that we are New Zealanders. And we all need to unite to fight the virus, which means abiding by the restrictions, rules, lockdowns, and handwashing.
    I think the problem is that you are uncomfortable with a woman leader, who is the leader of the Labour Party, both of which in your opinion and some others are not competent and suitable to be running the country. A woman who is occasionally called a communist.
    You would be more comfortable if it was John Key as Prime Minister invoking the image of the All Blacks as a team uniting all New Zealanders to fight against the virus, and then you would be more likely to hear the message.
    I've just read your ridiculous post. For a start, I have nothing against any woman leader. I consider Ardern to be among the best PM's we have had, which is not to say I agree with her politics. However she does an exceptional job representing NZ. Her party however is a different story. When you consider Twyford is about no 4 in the party you must realise how incompetent members ranked below him are. You have no idea of my views on John Key. You have a problem - namely you are a smart-arse who would be far better off making the odd constructive comment, rather than throwing around baseless insults on matters you know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    He's a person speaking his mind. A rare thing in the PC woke world in which Labour and the Greens exist.

moka, be so kind as to explain the exit strategy from NZ's level one and associated closed borders. I'd really love to know so that I can explain to my grandchildren why it is they are still paying of the debt in thirty years time. I don't recall Labour telling us when they committed to spending 150+ billion dollars.

From what I can tell it must be based on the gamble of a vaccine becoming available to the public within the next 12 months (backdated to April). How's that working out?

At what point do we abandon the closed borders and write of 150+ billion to experience?
    I cannot explain the exit strategy because I don’t know and nor does anyone else including the politicians who will make the decisions. I don’t even know which politicians will be making those decisions after the election. They will be reacting to events as they happen. Will we contain this outbreak and if we do when will the next one be? The government knew the chance of a resurgence was likely but it didn’t know when or how many people would be affected.

So jonu lots of uncertainty. You are wanting certainty and answers in uncertain times. We are living in unpredictable times. We are in uncharted territory, we live in interesting times. A policy statement could be derailed at any time by the virus.
    I don’t believe there will be a vaccine within the next 12 months

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    You may be right. I know my skin crawls when she refers to 5 million people with no common thread as 'a team'. A corny and childish platitude.
    I guess you could say Churchill was childish and corny when he exhorted the British to unite as one to fight the Nazis on the beaches and in the fields and on the streets.

We are fighting the virus. The common thread is to protect our families and ensure that our health system is not overwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I guess you could say Churchill was childish and corny when he exhorted the British to unite as one to fight the Nazis on the beaches and in the fields and on the streets.

We are fighting the virus. The common thread is to protect our families and ensure that our health system is not overwhelmed.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...o-closed-roads

Aucklanders show what they think of the team of 5 million.

Come and kiss the sunshine.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

And why not, at this stage of the year, it is very important to dose up on Vitamin D to have effective means to combat Covid. What better way then to go out in the sunshine. Hope to see more Aucklanders out there today.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    And why not, at this stage of the year, it is very important to dose up on Vitamin D to have effective means to combat Covid. What better way then to go out in the sunshine. Hope to see more Aucklanders out there today.
    Many people in Melbourne defied the rules and look where that got them. Death rate tripled.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Coz you won't be able to kiss granny goodbye as she lies alone on her death bed if you help cause the second wave from lack of social distancing. Look at the UK and the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Coz you won't be able to kiss granny goodbye as she lies alone on her death bed if you help cause the second wave from lack of social distancing. Look at the UK and the USA.
    Point is that this government has lost credibility with this second stuff up with keeping our borders safe from another virus outbreak.

Testing all frontline workers regularly is basic precaution - not an optional nice to have and definitely not rocket science.

Keeping quarantine facilities secure is basic - does not need whistleblowers to send alarm bells ringing before the government scrambled hastily to take action.

You can only fool all of the people some of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

Mind you, I will concede that this government can still fool some of the people all of the time.
    Last edited by Balance; 16-08-2020 at 08:56 AM.