sharetrader
Page 48 of 505 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Unlike the t&c that a company affiliate must disclose their identity here, there seems to be no equivalent terms for party affiliates, hence we suffer the probably paid shills who troll this and other social media sites. It’s an election year, funny how some people just turn up out of nowhere, perfectly timed, immediate engagement responses, well informed but heavily biased supporters of the incumbents and attack dogs of any opposition. Join the dots.
    Funny that you raise that. I was thinking the same thing after the NTL fiasco.

Happy to declare I have no Political Party affiliations. And while I loath the Ardern government, I didn't vote National last election.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Funny that you raise that. I was thinking the same thing after the NTL fiasco.

Happy to declare I have no Political Party affiliations. And while I loath the Ardern government, I didn't vote National last election.
    Then you will obviously use your vote in the best way to get rid of Labour. So you will be voting National this time around - like it or not. The only possible alternative for you is Act. Welcome to the dilemma society.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Then you will obviously use your vote in the best way to get rid of Labour. So you will be voting National this time around - like it or not. The only possible alternative for you is Act. Welcome to the dilemma society.
    Imagine how a Trump hating Republican must feel!

Guru

You can not vote at all and that is pretty valid too I would think.

I can understand why a "core" Nat non-swing voter can't support a govt that is delivering results within the MMP confines though not voting is an option that our system allows for thankfully.

every item on the nz first labour agreement delivered
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 08-07-2020 at 02:26 AM.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12346280

No secret how and where the infor came from - it’s all there.

Must commend the media for printing the story but not disclosing the names of the patients.

Advanced Member

Boag could just as easily leaked them to the media if that was her intent.

The question is....how did she get the info?

Michelle Boag was given it in her capacity as CEO of a Health Rescue organisation, i.e. Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust.

Vital these first responders who often have to provide immediate medical aid to patients are aware if the patient should be in isolation or quarantine, plus necessity to deep clean the helicopter & isolate the pilot & responders if that happened.
    No good either delivering a potentially Covid infected patient straight into hospital's A&E dept exposing all to risk of infection.

Why didn't she leak it herself? Pretty easy to work that out.

IMO

Spectacular backfire and more voter drift coming.

"I think if a member of parliament can't accept that receiving people's health information is something that they should treat with a degree of confidence then that says quite a lot about their own levels of personal integrity and judgement."".

Privacy breach disappointing and has 'ring of dirty politics' - Hipkins

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Unlike the t&c that a company affiliate must disclose their identity here, there seems to be no equivalent terms for party affiliates, hence we suffer the probably paid shills who troll this and other social media sites. It’s an election year, funny how some people just turn up out of nowhere, perfectly timed, immediate engagement responses, well informed but heavily biased supporters of the incumbents and attack dogs of any opposition. Join the dots.
    Well put Baa Baa. I donīt recall us ever having it done in such a blatant and shameful manner as this time though

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well put Baa Baa. I donīt recall us ever having it done in such a blatant and shameful manner as this time though
    When the facts are constantly evolving you can't act in the same manner you always have.

So saying 'cindy's team is one of "misfits" etc is not helpful and slightly misogynistic. It's divorced from reality and it does not advance much of a fact based discussion.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 08-07-2020 at 08:39 AM.

Guru

Boag could just as easily leaked them to the media if that was her intent.

The question is....how did she get the info?
    She could have and this raises a question.
    For a start she got the information in her role as acting chief executive of the Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust so that look legit.
    She then sent it to Walker - why would she do that?
    She says that she didn't expect him to release it to the presss but what legitimate reason would there be to give it to him anyway.

Very dirty.