sharetrader
Page 12 of 505 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    Hmmm. I think he would make a very acceptable Potus.
    I think that is very insulting. Even Trump hasn't stooped that low. What annoys me is that our politicians are likely to be seen worse than the Australian ones - and I didn't think they could be trumped.

A National Party spokesman said: "Over the past several weeks the National Party has taken seriously the mental health concerns raised by Mr Ross and the medical professionals he has been involved with. That has included seeking advice from medical professionals and involving Police wherever necessary to ensure support is made available to Mr Ross. It would not be appropriate to comment further."

If so then why you point a finger at a guy (in public) where there is not clear conclusive evidence.. who already has documented mental health issues..total lack of understanding of the consequences for the National party and the individual. The other allegations were played in the media with no natural justice which seem to cause the original issue...go figure, total lack of leadership and strategic thinking. The whole handling of issues is dysfunctional and highlighted in the second article.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12146335

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12146400

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12144875
    Last edited by Raz; 22-10-2018 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I think this was his big revel - kinda like ole dotcom and the big reveal he was going to do. Both have ended up damp squibs.

JLR is clearly deranged. .
    This is all so tragic. He's now been sectioned under the mental health act. No point speculating why - but likely the best place for him. https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/po...l-health-care/

Dilettante

Yes I was just reading that article mm. Very tragic for all involved and sadly all brought on by himself over what appears to be a long period of very bad behaviour. Hopefully he gets the help he needs as I do hope does his wife, family and all the others he has harmed on his crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post

If so then why you point a finger at a guy (in public) where there is not clear conclusive evidence..
    But there is. One person has come out already - and National managed that complaint ages ago. The news reporter wouldn't have gone public on the four women without evidence to support the "fact" defence to a defamation claim. Bridges would have seen the evidence before he had the conversation with JLR a few weeks back

Seems like Ross was fornicating and recording private / trusted conversations long before this "mental health" issue came up.

If the "find the leak" strategy pans out to see JLR out of parliament that is a cancer well worth the pain cutting out

Dilettante

David Collings Chariman of the Howick Local Board said on The Nation on Saturday that JLR had used untraceable phones to threaten board members he didn't like. Same tactic as used to txt Mallard and Bridges.
    There appears to be lots of evidence against this scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    But there is. One person has come out already - and National managed that complaint ages ago. The news reporter wouldn't have gone public on the four women without evidence to support the "fact" defence to a defamation claim. Bridges would have seen the evidence before he had the conversation with JLR a few weeks back

Seems like Ross was fornicating and recording private / trusted conversations long before this "mental health" issue came up.

If the "find the leak" strategy pans out to see JLR out of parliament that is a cancer well worth the pain cutting out
    What I was referring to is how they chose to deal with the suspected leaker, given his previous mental health issues, which were reported several weeks back. It clearly has been an ongoing and wider issue which we do not have complete information on. What is clear is leadership had no concept on how to manage the situation. Concerning the other complaints.. they just happened to drop into this weeks media after Paula Bennett's inference ... are we expected to believe these are just coincidental or rather a response by National to him releasing his discussion with Bridges. Before this week it does appear they were working hard to block them coming out in the media.

They will change the leader mid term however all the main leadership is implicated in this and I certainly will not be voting for them again given what has been revealed. What a pack of muppets.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    What I was referring to is how they chose to deal with the suspected leaker, given his previous mental health issues, which were reported several weeks back.
    It was only the other day JLR said he wasnt the leaker and he also had doctors clearance to return fit for work.

It doesnt take much to read between the lines to see that Ross has been a problem child for quite some time. Informal complaints were managed and settled. On teh balance of probabilities, given Bridges is an prosecutor, I'm going with National conducted process that were aligned with natural justice but werent as full and final as might be expected as no formal complaint had been lodged. There seems to have been prior opportunities for JLR to back off with dignity - instead he choose to light teh flame thrower.

I think a spotlight ought to be shone on Slater and Lusk to see fi they were actually puppet masters. If their fingerprints are on any of this then it is those two who need to look very closely at their actions and take responsibility for where JLR is at today.

I hope that the National Party is not implicated in the psychiatric detention of Jami-Lee Ross.

It could lead to comparisons with the Brezhnev era Soviet Unions practice of using psychiatry to suppress dissidents.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    I hope that the National Party is not implicated in the psychiatric detention of Jami-Lee Ross.

It could lead to comparisons with the Brezhnev era Soviet Unions practice of using psychiatry to suppress dissidents.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    It certainly is an effective way of making the "problem go away" though.