sharetrader
Page 133 of 434 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Hybrid View

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Why you continue to embarrass yourself is beyond me - its a shame because on the shares side of things you make a bit of sense but when it comes to politics you just make a goose of yourself.
    Balance has been banned?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Balance has been banned?
    Looks like it.
    A few posts a step too far.
    Peace and rationality at last.

Advanced Member

Moderators finally doing there job - don’t think so they have let the raving lunatic have run of the forum throwing petty insults right and left - can’t imagine knowing someone like that in real life thankfully

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    Moderators finally doing there job - don’t think so they have let the raving lunatic have run of the forum throwing petty insults right and left - can’t imagine knowing someone like that in real life thankfully
    I agree boysy. What a relief to come on here and find there are no ranting abusive posts. Its a shame it has taken this long as we have lost a number of people who had a valuable perspective to share but have stopped posting because of his personal attacks. I hope they came back. I look forward to some healthy constructive posts going forward

I've been seeing a lot of swinging going on here.
    All you subservients have to know who the alpha is, hahaha
    Last edited by Leftfield; 13-10-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Guru

National seems to be in full swing of mis-information.
    After Ngaro's false accusation on Twyford, Judith still following the line that a vote for Labour or Greens will bring in a wealth tax we have National saying that a road in Otaki will be scrapped under Labour even though they have budgeted it and engineering work is underway.
    Despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    National seems to be in full swing of mis-information.
    After Ngaro's false accusation on Twyford, Judith still following the line that a vote for Labour or Greens will bring in a wealth tax we have National saying that a road in Otaki will be scrapped under Labour even though they have budgeted it and engineering work is underway.
    Despicable.
    Well, looks like voters have this time the choice to either pick a Leader or to pick a Misleader.

Should be an easy choice ... my money is on the Leader;

Sad though to watch how National degraded from a once respectable and responsible party into a bunch of dirty politickers, though some might say they always have been that way.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, looks like voters have this time the choice to either pick a Leader or to pick a Misleader.

Should be an easy choice ... my money is on the Leader;

Sad though to watch how National degraded from a once respectable and responsible party into a bunch of dirty politickers, though some might say they always have been that way.
    Unfortunately the leader only has about four in her party to lead. The rest are a bunch of misfits and no-hopers, quite beyond being led.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Unfortunately the leader only has about four in her party to lead. The rest are a bunch of misfits and no-hopers, quite beyond being led.
    You are a bit harsh. While I acknowledge that the Labour resource pool is limited - but so is Nationals, and I absolutely lost my trust into Nationals recruitment process - many unknown names and the first time you hear about them its a scandal. Too much dodgy dirty politics coming up.

The big problems NZ has to face are environment / global warming, dealing with inequality (poor people getting poorer), dealing with the outfall of a global debt crisis, dealing with the outfall of a global economic crisis, dealing with the threat of right wing populism and terrorism which is swapping onto our side of the world proliferated by crooks like Trump & Co. They have their fans on this side of the world as well, and these are voting right. I hate to lie down with flea ridden dogs.

True - for some of these issues a decent National party e.g. under Amy Adams / Nicky Kay or Muller might be better able to solve them, but Amy and Nicky are gone and Muller goes nowhere. For most of the issues however a Labour / Green coalition which at least understands the problems is in my view in a better position to solve them. They might not have all the solutions, but at least they acknowledge the issues.

Quite different e.g. to an ACT party (which National inevitably would need to govern) which wants to "heal" the economy with austerity policies and which considers it as their priority (that's what their program says) to create the best weapons legislation of the world. They did not say best for whom, but likely for the gun lovers which pumped up their list and their coffers. Not clear to me how a liberalisation of our weapons law can be in the current situation a priority, unless you want to pay back your sponsors.

I guess the choice at this election is
    a) do we prefer to vote for a party which is more likely to at least attempt to solve the big problems we are facing but has only limited competence to do so, or
    b) do we want to pick a party which in the past often used to have more competence but lost this competence together with its direction and its decency.

Not an optimal choice, but still not hard to decide ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 13-10-2020 at 04:38 PM. Reason: format & clarification
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

I guess the choice at this election is
    a) do we prefer to vote for a party which is more likely to at least attempt to solve the big problems we are facing but has only limited competence to do so, or
    b) do we want to pick a party which in the past often used to have more competence but lost this competence together with its direction and its decency.

Not an optimal choice, but still not hard to decide ...
    In the NZ investment arena, i'm a bit disappointed in Jacinda not following through with her CGT. It was quite clear she needed a coalition to get her PM position but she led everyone on, wasted $ on working groups this and that. A very serious problem in investments when the wealthy whom invested in real estate are earning far more (after tax if any?) than the working class person that is in Kiwi Saver (for on most part, those managed funds invest overseas which fall under FIF and have a different set of tax requirement).

I am also aware of National Party's fall out and lack of confidence within the party. But that does not mean they can't lead. All parties start from somewhere and have good and bad times.

I'm also curious on how Green Party's 'wealth tax' will be handled. Does that mean people will need to disclose all their assets of significant values? (not speaking real estate as that's easily tracked) but how about overseas investments? How about art paintings or valuables such as classic cars? This is very concerning and I have a term deposit that is about to mature end of this month - my sense tells me, don't keep it in the country.