sharetrader
Page 133 of 505 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    You could add acerbic and pedantic.

westerly
    Pedantic, yes - I am a proud pedant.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    You could add acerbic and pedantic.

westerly
    Paying attention to detail is not necessarily a bad thing.

Legend

[QUOTE=ynot;843448]
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Yep. Sad story.

Unfortunately National lost recently a lot of good people (true, a lot of bad people as well, but this is another story). Instead of trying to keep and grow good people they now throw money at getting facebook likes for the bad ones. I doubt this will work.[/QUOTE

Admittedly national are down on firepower but compared to Labours talent of about 3 or maybe 4 with half a brain, no contest.
    You mean it's great that National have candidates like Jake Bezzant?

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/e...from-tech-firm

Legend

[QUOTE=elZorro;844161]
    Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post

You mean it's great that National have candidates like Jake Bezzant?

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/e...from-tech-firm
    And it's great they don't have clowns like Twyford at no. 4 in their ranks. That really should make anyone wonder about the rest of them.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    What is it about the policy that upsets you this much ? I am curious and genuinely interested to know
    Hi Iceman, apologies for late reply. It's just a policy that is nit picking around the fringes and trying to pander to a minority that I do not like about it. Like I said, get back to core policy and direction. I do not have much affinity for EV's as they pollute the environment more than ICE. (See Autobild). I just think they are barking up the wrong tree. But its not the policy that broke it for me, but it does cement my earlier thinking, plenty of other things that have gone on this year. For me its a choice between Act and NC at this stage. They both will be a reasonable coalition partner for National should they get the requisite votes to win.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Hi Iceman, apologies for late reply. It's just a policy that is nit picking around the fringes and trying to pander to a minority that I do not like about it. Like I said, get back to core policy and direction. I do not have much affinity for EV's as they pollute the environment more than ICE. (See Autobild). I just think they are barking up the wrong tree. But its not the policy that broke it for me, but it does cement my earlier thinking, plenty of other things that have gone on this year. For me its a choice between Act and NC at this stage. They both will be a reasonable coalition partner for National should they get the requisite votes to win.
    Personally, I tend to agree with the sentiment that Bus lanes should be for more efficient mass transit. If a government would like to provide special lanes for EV's (presumably until EV's comprise a fair proportion of all traffic) then perhaps they need to look at using the T2+ lanes. Even then I'm or two minds about it.

Dilettante

Thanks blackcap. Fair enough reasoning. I'm likewise frustrated with no real policy debate and a Government hellbent on avoiding any sensible discussion.

Legend

Certainly looks like Act will do well. Not so sure the New Conservatives would be a good mix with National. (or any other party for that matter)

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Thanks blackcap. Fair enough reasoning. I'm likewise frustrated with no real policy debate and a Government hellbent on avoiding any sensible discussion.
    What I haven't appreciated is being called a misogynist by a peer for daring to critique the government's response. I never even directed anything personally at Jacinda, but apparently my lack of appreciation of the policies means that I don't like strong women leaders. Reading through the various comments on social media, I've noticed similar responses to others in the same position. This is not a sign of a healthy democracy.
    Last edited by Zaphod; 16-09-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Guru

It is a best in the world response though so some are right to be a bit skeptical of some of the people criticising. Do they want us to do worse?

We're one of over 191 countries even though the media doesn't like to provide international context.
    Taiwan beats us an that's pretty much it.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 16-09-2020 at 04:56 PM.