sharetrader
Page 163 of 505 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Would not make sense - the brown (as in the SA shirts) is already claimed by ACT.
    South Auckland? the brown ( as in the SA shirts)

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    South Auckland? the brown ( as in the SA shirts)
    The color brown was the identifying color of Nazism (and fascism in general), due to its being the color of the SA paramilitaries (also known as Brownshirts).
    SA stands for "Sturm Abteilung". Just one of the fascist milizia's. But I am sure you knew that anyway ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    SA stands for "Sturm Abteilung". Just one of the fascist milizia's. But I am sure you knew that anyway ...
    Actually I did not. I do know what SS stands for but had not come across SA in my readings of history. Cheers for the lesson.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Actually I did not. I do know what SS stands for but had not come across SA in my readings of history. Cheers for the lesson.
    I am surprised that your readings did not come across this group. I am not a particular history buff but I have seen on TV - in the 80's and 90's to current days - a few documentaries and films covering the rise of fascism and the rise of Hitler. Prominent was the internal fighting amongst the happy fellows involved and prominent mention of the Night of the Long Knives when Hitler got rid of (i.e. murdered people) the threat he saw in the SA. Ironic when you think the Brown shirts themselves were as thuggish as they came. They met their match in Hitler.

I am from South Auckland. Counties Manukau have different colours. SA is rarely as an acronym for South Auckland. I would take it as signifying South Africa. However context is key.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 15-10-2020 at 01:28 PM.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...OZMNQD5FFIP5Q/

14% still undecided is a big number.

Given the socially unpalatable nature of openly (a) supporting NZF and/or (b) not supporting the incumbent government, is there a twist in the tail?

I don't really understand early voting... why would you vote early, ever, regardless of your pre-election bias?

A hypothetical... let's say politician A from party B does something unconscionable, or is found to have done something unconscionable, relative to your political persuasion in the last week of electioneering? You've voted. Too late. You've drunk the cool-aid.

My working assumption is that those more inclined to have voted early are bent towards the left and the celebrity status of the PM... i.e. they're voting for the person not the policies and the cool-aid has been consumed. It won't matter what he or she has (or hasn't) done, I like "him/her" ipso facto there's no changing my mind.

Fine, but I'm going to put it out there that right-of-centre voters (or Winnie people) are holding back more than the left.

I think this is much tighter than people care to believe (or report).

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    As far as being overweight is concerned, there are many factors and causes. Some causes are genetic. Other causes are poverty and lack of education. Some factors are psychological. Lets remember NZ has a lamentably high suicide rate and depression can also be reflected in eating habits. It would have been great if Collins had thrown her weight behind tackling those issues and their root causes. However some of the solutions could be unpalatable to her target electorate?
    Agree and looks like she and Gerry have some weight to throw around too!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Yip - lies work unfortunately.
    Tonights poll on One looks grim for Collins, she certainly has picked up on the fake news con!

I voted early and I am anything but left leaning in Election 2020.

Nothing could change my opinion that we've had three years of over promising and under delivering. Labour promised the world in 2017 and couldn't deliver on anything that they promised.

What we need to do is to increase New Zealand's productivity... Labour has no idea how to do this.
    What we don't need is enormous debt... which is exactly what we will get if Labour gets in.

Here is a wonderful quote from Adrian Rogers

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwest View Post
    I voted early and I am anything but left leaning in Election 2020.

Nothing could change my opinion that we've had three years of over promising and under delivering. Labour promised the world in 2017 and couldn't deliver on anything that they promised.

What we need to do is to increase New Zealand's productivity... Labour has no idea how to do this.
    What we don't need is enormous debt... which is exactly what we will get if Labour gets in.

Here is a wonderful quote from Adrian Rogers

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation.
    Bang on. Bit of a worry to think there are potentially more people with their hand out than there are contributors.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Bang on. Bit of a worry to think there are potentially more people with their hand out than there are contributors.
    It seems the not many have learnt the story of the little red hen.