sharetrader
Page 164 of 505 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by Norwest View Post
    I voted early and I am anything but left leaning in Election 2020.

Nothing could change my opinion that we've had three years of over promising and under delivering. Labour promised the world in 2017 and couldn't deliver on anything that they promised.

What we need to do is to increase New Zealand's productivity... Labour has no idea how to do this.
    What we don't need is enormous debt... which is exactly what we will get if Labour gets in.
    Report card: Jacinda Ardern's government graded on the past three years.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...st-three-years
    The environment
    Grade: C+ Kera Sherwood-O’Regan (Kāi Tahu), a climate justice advocate, and co-founder of social impact agency Activate
    Grade: B- David Cormack, a former head of policy and communications for the Green party and co-founder of a public relations firm

Housing
    Grade: B Shamubeel Eaqub, a housing economist with Sense Partners
    Grade: B+ Morgan Godfery is a writer and political commentator

Covid-19 response
    Grade: A Professor Michael Baker, a leading epidemiologist based at the University of Otago, Wellington, who has researched and advised on the Covid-19 pandemic response since January
    Grade: A Ben Thomas, a PR consultant and former National government staffer

Poverty

Grade: C+ Susan St John CNZM is an associate professor of economics at University of Auckland Business School and a researcher with Child Poverty Action Group
    Grade: B- Andrew Becroft, New Zealand’s children’s commissioner and former principal youth court judge

The economy

Grade: A- Morgan Godfery
    Grade: B- (pre-Covid), A- (during Covid), C+ (post-Covid) David Cormack

Health

Grade: A or C, depending on who the patient is Emma Espiner (Ngāti Tukorehe, Ngāti Porou), an award-winning writer, final year medical student and host of the RNZ podcast series Getting Better
    Grade: B+ for mental health Shaun Robinson is the chief executive of the Mental Health Foundation

Education

Grade: B+ for secondary school education Jack Boyle, president of the Post-Primary Teachers’ Association
    Grade: B- for tertiary education Shaun Hendy, a professor of physics at the University of Auckland and director of the centre of research excellence for complex systems and networks, Te Pūnaha Matatini

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Norwest View Post
    I voted early and I am anything but left leaning in Election 2020.

Nothing could change my opinion that we've had three years of over promising and under delivering. Labour promised the world in 2017 and couldn't deliver on anything that they promised.
    All we had from the blue team was pamphlets for stuff which was not derived from their actions at all. They did nothing too.

The one good thing was the internet.
    The assets were sold and we still had debt which is even more incompetent IMO.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Agree and looks like she and Gerry have some weight to throw around too!
    A pity as all Collins did was to come out with a Trump-like remark.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...nsibility.html

I originally thought that Collins would be a better leader than Bridges...
    Last edited by Bjauck; 16-10-2020 at 08:20 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    A pity as all Collins did was to come out with a Trump-like remark.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...nsibility.html

I originally thought that Collins would be a better leader than Bridges...
    But obesity is a personal choice and you must take responsibility for it. If you are a fat bastard, stop over eating. As Shaun Plunket said on the radio yesterday he lost weight by getting some disciplines around eating. Making sure he drank more water, slept more, also did not have certain foods in the house and exercised more. Its a mind over matter type thing.
    I think the majority of NZers feel this way and this is what Collins is saying.
    Last edited by blackcap; 16-10-2020 at 08:31 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    But obesity is a personal choice and you must take responsibility for it. If you are a fat bastard, stop over eating. As Shaun Plunket said on the radio yesterday he lost weight by getting some disciplines around eating. Making sure he drank more water, slept more, also did not have certain foods in the house and exercised more. Its a mind over matter type thing.
    Doesn't fit the victim narrative that the woke live and breathe.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Doesn't fit the victim narrative that the woke live and breathe.
    Always good to blame someone else or 'the system', especially if it comes with extra taxpayer money. What's not to like?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Always good to blame someone else or 'the system', especially if it comes with extra taxpayer money. What's not to like?
    Always good to blame the victims for the failings of the system when it suits those who have a vested interest in not changing “the system”?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    But obesity is a personal choice and you must take responsibility for it. .
    Assuming it is not caused by a physical or mental impairment or disease or medication or genes or hormone issues?
    If you are a fat bastard, stop over eating.
    Problem solved. Very beguiling.

As Shaun Plunket said on the radio yesterday he lost weight by getting some disciplines around eating. Making sure he drank more water, slept more, also did not have certain foods in the house and exercised more. Its a mind over matter type thing. .
    Assuming the "fat bastard" is physically able to exercise, can afford the balanced diet, has a dry and quiet place to sleep, does not have to work extra long hours? Shaun's done it ERGO every other "fat bastard" should and is able to? Is that the logic?

That is not to say what Shaun has done would not work for some people.

The word on the street or from dieticians and nutritionists?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 16-10-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ten View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...OZMNQD5FFIP5Q/
    I don't really understand early voting... why would you vote early, ever, regardless of your pre-election bias?
    I voted early to free up my weekend and to avoid all the pain in the ass social distancing crap that would have to be followed on election day, nothing to do with bias towards any party

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpynuts View Post
    I voted early to free up my weekend and to avoid all the pain in the ass social distancing crap that would have to be followed on election day, nothing to do with bias towards any party
    Good point, I might get out today if I get the chance. Tomorrow might be chaotic.