sharetrader
Page 169 of 505 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I understand the system. I just had not taken into account that my 49% prediction for Labour could bring in 53% of the MPs - that there would be so much of the total vote that would be under the threshold for parliamentary representation.

I think the threshold for party representation in parliament should drop to 2% (or the % needed to bring in two MPs.)

The Labour "Landslide" is under 50% of the vote.
    Under MMP its a landslide!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Strategic voting by National voters to keep the Greens out - mission accomplished.
    Spin it anyway you like National got hammered.

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    No need for spin like the ‘4 legs good, 2 legs better’ brigade continuously deploy - it is what it is, and what a wonderful outcome we have!

BONANZA time ahead for those of us who know how to benefit from the billions of dollars of wasteful spending ahead.

I ❤️ It!

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Let's see how hot Labour / economy looks once the dust settles and reality bites. Big challenges ahead. Indefinitely closed boarder to name just one.
    Last edited by ynot; 19-10-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I have spent some time perusing the profiles of new MPs entering Parliament from all parties. Many do have interesting backgrounds and experiences, certainly diverse. One thing I took out was that the baby boomer era in politics is at an end. I would also make the observation that if you are male and over sixty your opinions do not matter nor canvassed, and like Victorian children are to be seen and not heard
    List of 40 new MPs. Seems to be lots of talent, experience and qualifications.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/election-2020-forty-newcomers-include-our-first-african-latin-american-and-sri-lankan-mps/WAU467WZ6Q2FSJ4MEUOE5BQDSQ/

I just looked at the ages of some. Not all have their ages listed. Oldest man = 58 years, oldest woman 52, six aged 32 or younger.
    Labour - Ingrid Leary, 52, Arena Williams, 24, Naisi Chen, 26, Steph Lewis, 32,
    ACT - Chris Baillie, 58, Brooke van Velden, 27 Dr James McDowall, 32
    Greens - Menendez March, 32

World record: New Zealand overtakes the UK's title for the most rainbow Parliament.
    Yesterday's preliminary results show there is likely to be 12 openly lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer members of the 120 members sitting in the next Parliament - boosting the rainbow representation from seven last year after Labour swept in after yesterday's election.

Meanwhile the openly rainbow MPs in New Zealand's recently elected Parliament include Labour's incumbents Grant Robertson, Louisa Wall, Meka Whaitiri, Tamati Coffey and Kiri Allan and newcomers Ayesha Verrall, Shanan Halbert and Glen Bennett.
    They will be joined by openly LGBTQIA+ Green Party member and spokeswoman for Rainbow issues Jan Logie, Chloe Swarbrick, Elizabeth Kerekere and Ricardo Menendez. About 40 per cent of the Green Party MPs are also from the rainbow community.
    Neither Act or National Party currently have any openly gay MPs in their parties.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/world-...DF5ZO67EGIDCY/

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Let's see how hot Labour / economy looks once the dust settles and reality bites. Big challenges ahead. Indefinitely closed boarder to name just one.
    Yes and this time no other partners can't play good cop Bad cop with Winnie .. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Greens brought in to take some heat off Jacindy..

will we see labour go missing on many sectors issues .... like Tourism ??? where was Kelvin ? nowhere to be seen in the resort towns when the SHTF..

many more slogans ...to come "team 5 million" time to pay much more ... as the books aren't going to look pretty going forward unless Labour can get some more going into the coffers .. can't pay for all the promises with more promises
    Last edited by JBmurc; 19-10-2020 at 10:59 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    World record: New Zealand overtakes the UK's title for the most rainbow Parliament.
    Yesterday's preliminary results show there is likely to be 12 openly lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer members of the 120 members sitting in the next Parliament - boosting the rainbow representation from seven last year after Labour swept in after yesterday's election.

Meanwhile the openly rainbow MPs in New Zealand's recently elected Parliament include Labour's incumbents Grant Robertson, Louisa Wall, Meka Whaitiri, Tamati Coffey and Kiri Allan and newcomers Ayesha Verrall, Shanan Halbert and Glen Bennett.
    They will be joined by openly LGBTQIA+ Green Party member and spokeswoman for Rainbow issues Jan Logie, Chloe Swarbrick, Elizabeth Kerekere and Ricardo Menendez. About 40 per cent of the Green Party MPs are also from the rainbow community.
    Neither Act or National Party currently have any openly gay MPs in their parties.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/world-...DF5ZO67EGIDCY/
    What's your point, why should it matter if Act or National have any openly gay MP's or not, many who are entitled to their opinion will see that as a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes and this time no other partners can't play good cop Bad cop with Winnie .. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Greens brought in to take some heat off Jacindy..

will we see labour go missing on many sectors issues .... like Tourism ??? where was Kelvin ? nowhere to be seen in the resort towns when the SHTF..

many more slogans ...to come "team 5 million" time to pay much more ... as the books aren't going to look pretty going forward unless Labour can get some more going into the coffers .. can't pay for all the promises with more promises
    Good point about bringing in the green scapegoat, but as Jacinda has stated, she has been given a mandate to govern and I suspect she understands that obligation clearly. Whether she backs herself to face the hard decisions is my concern.
    Last edited by ynot; 20-10-2020 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Good point about bringing in the green scapegoat, but as Jacinda has stated, she has been given a mandate to govern and I suspect she understands that obligation clearly. Whether she backs herself to face the hard decisions is my concern.
    Simple - watch who she appoints as DPM.