sharetrader
Page 175 of 505 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    That would certainly turn the tables from previously making heterosexuality compulsory!
    When was that compulsory? ?......Never mind. I'll play along on a voluntary basis.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Rubbish. To you perhaps, but not to me or any other English speaking adult.
    How can you speak for every other English speaker? I know some who still reserve a disapproving tone when they utter "homosexual" or an even more disapproving tone when using the more pejorative "homo." The terms were and are often associated with condemnation, deviancy and of course criminality until 1986 reform.

After 1885 until reform, British law classified any homosexual activity as punishable gross indecency.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimin...dment_Act_1885

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    When was that compulsory? ?......Never mind. I'll play along on a voluntary basis.
    Fair enough. It was either heterosexual activity or compulsory abstinence. Humans are sexual - homosexuality was illegal.

Banned

So the National thread is now the Homosexual/Lesbian thread, made that way by some pushing their own agendas, devoting too much time to the off market section is like a dog chasing its tail, spinning around but going nowhere.

Legend

How can you speak for every other English speaker? I know some who still reserve a disapproving tone when they utter "homosexual" or an even more disapproving tone when using the more pejorative "homo." The terms were and are often associated with condemnation, deviancy and of course criminality until 1986 reform.

After 1885 until reform, British law classified any homosexual activity as punishable gross indecency.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimin...dment_Act_1885
    Yes. I'm sure most know the recent history of homosexual law reform. I am also sure adults generally know the meaning of the simple term, homosexual; I accept there will be the odd exception, but that applies to every word in the dictionary.
    Some of us find euphemisms are cringe inducing. e.g I shudder when I hear someone has 'passed' or 'passed away' when we all know they have died. It's similarly offensive.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 21-10-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    So the National thread is now the Homosexual/Lesbian thread, made that way by some pushing their own agendas, devoting too much time to the off market section is like a dog chasing its tail, spinning around but going nowhere.
    I am not sure what agenda you think people are pushing couta And you did engage on the topic more than once when you stated you do not support people who “choose the gay lifestyle”

What exactly is the gay lifestyle? And how does it differ from your lifestyle choice?

https://medium.com/an-injustice/to-p...e-a8b11b821244

Back to Politics. I would like to make some observations about the next 3 years.
    The most significant challenge in the Health service confronting the new government next year will not be covid. It will be a protracted strike action from the NZ Nurses Organisation. The conditions and salary expectations will come up against a government needing to restrain all spending. It will be fraught to say the least. It will be a winter of discontent.
    Long term I think there is a reasonable probability that Jacinda Ardern will step down as PM, my prediction is that around December 2022 she will announce this, replicating John Key in 2016

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    I am not sure what agenda you think people are pushing couta And you did engage on the topic more than once when you stated you do not support people who “choose the gay lifestyle”

What exactly is the gay lifestyle? And how does it differ from your lifestyle choice?

https://medium.com/an-injustice/to-p...e-a8b11b821244
    An agenda of PC correctness, one i cannot be bothered with, I can watch my dog chasing his tail if I so wish, I don't need to get sucked into the same behaviour myself which I did this time.

Guru

True. EVERYBODY has an agenda of some sort. However I think you gave it a good deal of encouragement...

What's your point, why should it matter if Act or National have any openly gay MP's or not, many who are entitled to their opinion will see that as a positive.
    (My highlighting.)
    Last edited by Bjauck; 21-10-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Banned

True. EVERYBODY has an agenda of some sort. However I think you gave it a good deal of encouragement...

(My highlighting.)
    Look I'm not going to apologize for my viewpoint which comes from my Christian stance, I don't have any animosity toward those that are of the community we are talking about so I'm going to finish up on the subject now, continue on if you so wish.