sharetrader
Page 182 of 505 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I think it is broadly accepted that younger people tend to support the left wing and that younger females tend to support the left wing than younger men? https://theconversation.com/young-wo...-reveals-95624

So a National Party having fewer female MPs and fewer younger MPs would seem appropriate for its supporter base.

I picture the Parties as desserts - the National Party would be a spotted dick, Labour would be tiramisu and the Greens would be a fruit cocktail.
    Interesting how the article shows that religion plays a strong role in how women vote.

The analysis shows that the decline of religiosity is crucial to explaining the trend. Older women are more religious and their religiosity is also more important for their vote choice compared to younger women. Religious voters are more likely to hold conservative social values and attachments to religious parties. This means that older women are more likely to vote for parties on the right – especially Christian democrat parties. Similarly, they are less likely to vote for parties on the left.

On the other hand, younger women tend to have a stronger preference for redistribution and see a larger role for the state compared to men.

Older women are also more left wing in their economic policy preferences compared to men, but their greater religiosity trumps these preferences when it comes to their vote choice.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Interesting how the article shows that religion plays a strong role in how women vote.
    It shows nothing of the sort. It merely claims it. How the author of the article links the gullible, demonstrated by their belief of invisible sky people, to their political leanings is anyone's guess.

Not sure that I agree with this moka. I actually think a lot of older people, women included, have either softened their religious stance on things, or have ditched religion altogether. Religion certainly played no part in my decision.

The analysis shows that the decline of religiosity is crucial to explaining the trend. Older women are more religious and their religiosity is also more important for their vote choice compared to younger women. Religious voters are more likely to hold conservative social values and attachments to religious parties. This means that older women are more likely to vote for parties on the right – especially Christian democrat parties. Similarly, they are less likely to vote for parties on the left.

On the other hand, younger women tend to have a stronger preference for redistribution and see a larger role for the state compared to men.

Older women are also more left wing in their economic policy preferences compared to men, but their greater religiosity trumps these preferences when it comes to their vote choice.

Guru

So any decline in the role of religion may mean more Vanessa Redgrave's and Jane Fonda's!

Legend

So any decline in the role of religion may mean more Vanessa Redgrave's and Jane Fonda's!
    More of their what?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    More of their what?
    More of their ilk!

Legend

More of their ilk!
    So it appears you meant more Vanessa Redgraves and Jane Fondas.
    Most readers are not mind readers.

He means strong, intelligent women with principles, who are not afraid to stand up for what they believe in. He would much prefer they/we stuck to our kitchen, bedroom and Church “duties.”

So it appears you meant more Vanessa Redgraves and Jane Fondas.
    Most readers are not mind readers.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 31-10-2020 at 02:32 PM.

It shows nothing of the sort. It merely claims it. How the author of the article links the gullible, demonstrated by their belief of invisible sky people, to their political leanings is anyone's guess.
    I guess you did not read the article which says:
    The analysis shows that the decline of religiosity is crucial to explaining the trend. This is shown in a study using data on over 40,000 people from the World Values Survey/European Values Study in Western Europe and Canada, 1989-2014.

https://theconversation.com/young-wo...-reveals-95624

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Not sure that I agree with this moka. I actually think a lot of older people, women included, have either softened their religious stance on things, or have ditched religion altogether. Religion certainly played no part in my decision.
    Sorry you aren’t old enough yet. They are talking about women born before 1955, so 65 and older. Just thinking about people I know I think the trend is stronger with women in their 70s and older.