sharetrader
Page 21 of 505 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

Dilettante

I have trouble accepting the media reporting the details of such personal tragedies for these 2 people and worse, their families. It really has no "public interest" value. Quite sad and many people affected and this twit (JLR) wants to keep it in the media.

IMO

National really on a roll here

A-G refers Maggie Barry staff claims back to Parliamentary Service

Its common knowledge around the parliament traps how Barry treats staff is what ive heard.

Burning Bridges: Kiwis roast Simon's 'Kiwi way of life'

Warning to MP over comments

Very lucky Mallard wasn't presiding at the time.

Political Roundup: National's deliberate 'woke-provoking' ad

condemned by many
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 21-02-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post

Warning to MP over comments

Very lucky Mallard wasn't presiding at the time.
    Yeah, I saw that. Fair enough standards are required n teh House.

But I know Labour will find this hard to believe, but there is such a thin as free speech. They tried shutting it down today, and Mallard has signalled that he will silence people.

Totally and absolutely wrong to do so!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ....seen the whole text?

As they say hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
    Yes I had seen the whole text. There's nothing there to threaten any adult. Just bizarre childish insults that you'd normally hear in a secondary school playground.

IMO

l.php Capital gains tax, a vested interest.

"The scale of MPs' real estate holdings suggest not just that the financial interests of politicians and commentators may be influencing the ongoing CGT debate; it also suggests New Zealand's particular form of wealth inequality is increasingly colouring our politics."
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 23-02-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Legend

The Mainzeal court adjudication doesn't help National's case much - a previous Prime Minister happily sitting on the board of a company that traded in an insolvent position for nine years straight. Lucky they had insurance.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...+February+2019

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Not really. I think you will find most Directors of medium to large companies have professional indemnity insurance. Would be a bit silly not to.

As for damaging National? Meh. Shiply is so 1990's. I think most people can not even remember her.

That said, what the hell was she thinking that she could be successful in a governance role with her vast experience in the business world.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Not really. I think you will find most Directors of medium to large companies have professional indemnity insurance. Would be a bit silly not to.

As for damaging National? Meh. Shiply is so 1990's. I think most people can not even remember her.

That said, what the hell was she thinking that she could be successful in a governance role with her vast experience in the business world.
    I would have thought heading up the country's public/taxpayer operation for a while (50bill or so turnover) would have taught her a few things, but maybe she wasn't a forensic accountant. School Cert bookkeeping and commonsense might have given her a few clues though. Looks like Mainzeal paid IRD and other secured creditors, but loaned millions to Richina at the expense of contractors etc. Normally, cash-strapped creditors in NZ would be bending the ear of board members that they had access to.

Legend

More "poor maths" by National, this time Gerry Brownlee. Their facebook ad was pulled.

https://www.asa.co.nz//backend/docum...2/19/19047.pdf

IMO

National The Misleading Party. They are consistent thats for sure.
    "his basic maths error by a senior member of the National Party grossly misleads New Zealanders who see this advertisement."

Bridges dared JLR to put up or shut up!
    Nightmare scenario for Simon Bridges as Jami-Lee Ross complaint referred to SFO