sharetrader
Page 213 of 505 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Guru

You would think Luxon would be better as the finance spokesperson.

But here we are where;

He will struggle to relate to people.
    While Nicola willis will struggle with the numbers.

Maybe they should be swapped around.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 05-06-2022 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Labour and Adern are consistently getting beaten up in the polls, they must be very worried this short distance out from the election, although it seems a way away, it's not enough time anymore to turn around rapidly declining sentiment across almost every sector they're trying to reform. A lot of it is vulnerable to being easily revoked and unwound by any incoming Government.

I mean, what could Labour do anymore to really boost their rapidly declining support? They've tried to kill every 'haves' advantage that the 'have nots' might vote for, but failed to delivery of much of it, so the 'have nots' become more and more disillusioned and a whole raft of lower to middle income voters who are now being seriously screwed by this governments' inability to address their needs, will be at least considering their options.

I find it incredible really, that a landslide election that wins control of Government, could lead to a turn in Government only three years later, which all the polls are forecasting. It is a clear and obvious sign that the incumbent has over stretched their optimism and powers to introduce change that is now backfiring because they failed to realise how long it takes to implement broad change, and are frankly powerless to remediate any of it in the remaining time of their governance.

Any new Government wlll reap the rewards of anything the current Government did that was actually good, but could not possibly have been implemented in one, or even two terms. People don't realise that the Government doesn't literally implement anything, they just make laws and throw money at stuff.

It's the government agencies and business that are charged with implementation, and neither are capable of swallowing untold new laws and billions of dollars because none of it can be realistically implemented within the term of Government, or even two or three terms.
    Lots wrong with the Chinese system but I guess they benefit in this respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    A very good interview with an impressive and humane man. You could learn a lot from his approach to people.

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    A very good interview with an impressive and humane man. You could learn a lot from his approach to people.
    I am sure I could learn a lot from you too, davflaws.

Hardly pertinent however to the future of NZ and the future of our kids and grandkids when we have an incompetent, divisive and arrogant Ardern government in charge of ruining this country?

I am sure I could learn a lot from you too, davflaws.
    I should lighten up on the arrogant prickery - but I was referring to CL's ability to espouse and model tolerant, inclusive, egalitarian and economically centrist policies and personal values. Almost stereoypically WOKE

Hardly pertinent however to the future of NZ and the future of our kids and grandkids when we have an incompetent, divisive and arrogant Ardern government in charge of ruining this country?
    Only if you don't believe you catch more flies with honey than vinegar

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    I should lighten up on the arrogant prickery -
    Should you? I didn't think you were all that bad.....but if you say so, who am I to disagree!
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 07-06-2022 at 04:44 PM.

"Luxon's journey from backbencher to National Party leader took just 409 days, even faster than Don Brash's (428 days)".quote

Brash lasted 3 years as leader, followed by 8 months as leader of Act. How long will he Luxon last?

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    "Luxon's journey from backbencher to National Party leader took just 409 days, even faster than Don Brash's (428 days)".quote

Brash lasted 3 years as leader, followed by 8 months as leader of Act. How long will he Luxon last?

westerly
    You are looking at NZ’s next PM.

Legend

You are looking at NZ’s next PM.

Going by the quality of the current fumbling lot opposite - probably at least 15-20 years as leader coming up too
    Last edited by nztx; 07-06-2022 at 08:37 PM.