sharetrader
Page 223 of 434 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Hybrid View

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Your post 2630 may still stand but its looking a bit silly now.

You keep bringing up Mallard & I've resisted commenting on this till now, but since you keep returning to it, it was fairly common knowledge in certain parliamentary circles the guy you so enthusiastically defend, to put it euphemistically had a reputation, and if you were the father of those three young women who were at the centre of that saga you might be feeling grateful to Trevor Mallard.
    Yes he had to apologise and withdraw the false accusation of rape, but because the alleged assault did not fit the definition of rape under the crimes act.
    Unfortunately police do not always pursue prosecutions for a variety of reasons.
    Mallard dispensing a bit of natural justice, probably not wise but bloody good on him in my view.
    I've not enjoyed a lot of your posts, despite not supporting either Labour or National, but tolerated them as usually you've had a balanced view worth considering I thought, despite the obvious ongoing contest with Balance. Sadly now you've crossed the line for me, anyone who attempts to justify the scumbag Mallard needs their head read and speaks volumes about how low the poster will go to justify their argument. He has a very long history of completely unacceptable behaviours, such that it's incredible that he actually managed to survive the ministerial roles (albeit protected by his Labour party), let alone get and retain the Speaker role and head of Parliamentary Service with it, but to segue that into some justification of his actions as a contrary argument to a junior National MP having a questionable past from over 20 years ago? That's it for me, you've lost credibility and are not worthy of any further read-time, imo. Welcome to my ignore list. Bye.

Guru

Uffindell is just another dodgy white, male, private-school educated National MP.
    I feel sorry for Luxon - he wanted candidates with integrity and the party gave him Uffindell.
    He sang Uffindell's praises because he wasn't told how dodgy he was.
    He said that Uffindell would bring some intelligence to the National caucus.

Was Uffindell really the best that the Tauranga selection committee could muster? What were the other candidates like you wonder?

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Uffindell is just another dodgy white, male, private-school educated National MP.
    I feel sorry for Luxon - he wanted candidates with integrity and the party gave him Uffindell.

Was Uffindell really the best that the Tauranga selection committee could muster? What were the other candidates like you wonder?
    It just goes on and on.How many faulty national MPs with no moral compass is it now?

Guru

At least it is not a compulsory requirement. With the Greens at least one of the two co-leaders has to be a woman, and at least one has to be Maori (even if the available talent pool is thin at the time.)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    At least it is not a compulsory requirement. With the Greens at least one of the two co-leaders has to be a woman, and at least one has to be Maori (even if the available talent pool is thin at the time.)
    It happens so often in National you have to wonder if it is compulsory.
    If not compulsory it does seem to be recommended based on results.

Luxon asks for people of integrity and 1st up is Uffindell

Advanced Member

From memory I think they were cut of a similar cloth, white middle class lads.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    From memory I think they were cut of a similar cloth, white middle class lads.
    I've been looking for a gay transsexual disabled unaccomplished darkie to stand for Parliament, to satisfy the expectations of some.

So far, I have not found one.

Can you help?

Legend

It would be interesting to know what became of the other students involved in the attack with 16 year old Ufindell. Did they end up in responsible positions - lawyers, doctors, brain surgeons etc? Or are they adult thugs?
    Do most 16 year old students eventually grow up?

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/d...aced-uffindell
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 12-08-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    It would be interesting to know what became of the other students involved in the attack with 16 year old Ufindell. Did they end up in responsible positions - lawyers, doctors, brain surgeons etc? Or are they adult thugs?

Whatever it is, Luxon is dealing with it.

Compare and contrast with Ardern trying to sweep bullying in her ranks under the carpet.

And Labour is unleashing its attack dogs and bitches on the bullied one!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-gaurav-sharma

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post

Chances are that expensively privately educated pupils more likely progress to the professions requiring long periods of tertiary education…or Maybe they are beneficiaries of family wealth (a good chance of this as they were king’s pupils) and can get others to do their dirty work. You can have white collar as well as blue collar bullies.

“Give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man.” Aristotle
    Last edited by Bjauck; 14-08-2022 at 04:29 PM.