sharetrader
Page 268 of 505 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Chances are that expensively privately educated pupils more likely progress to the professions requiring long periods of tertiary education…or Maybe they are beneficiaries of family wealth (a good chance of this as they were king’s pupils) and can get others to do their dirty work. You can have white collar as well as blue collar bullies.

“Give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man.” Aristotle
    The point is - there must be a heap of bods who have acquired respectable status who would rather forget their teenage years, or at least hope everyone else does. I'd rather forget mine and some of the activities; the only difference is, I've never acquired respectable status.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    The point is - there must be a heap of bods who have acquired respectable status who would rather forget their teenage years, or at least hope everyone else does. I'd rather forget mine and some of the activities; the only difference is, I've never acquired respectable status.
    Sure, and no doubt some respectable, on the surface, adults who want to forget what they did yesterday. How many pupils get expelled for bullying or grievous assault? That is on the serious end of the scale of regretful action.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    And anyone of them would still be 5 times better than

Clare Curran,

Phil Twyford,

David Clark,

Poto Williams,

Kelvin Davis,

Kris Faafoi,

Andrew Little,

Trevor Mallard,

Willie Jackson,

and of course,

Mahuta

&

the Spin Mistress Ardern herself.

Competence, ability, accountability & transparency be damned!

Quite a list, huh!?

Oh dear you are endorsing Gilmore? “Don’t you know who I am”? and the waiter would have had no idea!

Guru

Default The Worst Thing Done by a now MP

Luxon admits he drove in a bus lane and got fined for it.
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...l-scandal.html

Advanced Member

Luxon admits he drove in a bus lane and got fined for it.
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...l-scandal.html
    Looks like he's driven the wheels off the bus, in the above cartoon.

Advanced Member

With polls saying 65% of Kiwi's would not want the 39% tax rate removed on income over $180,000, Christopher Luxon on Morning Report fighting a losing battle again trying to justify National's policy to remove it by saying if we want to attract people like doctors we need to remove the top tax rate.

One of his MP's needs to tell him Australia, our main competitor for doctors have a top tax rate of 45% on income over $180,000, which he would also have to pay plus paying capital gains tax on the 7 properties he owns.

And of course most doctors don't fall into that tax bracket anyway.

Govt's can't provide more services, better hospitals, cancer drugs, schools teachers etc with less money.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    With polls saying 65% of Kiwi's would not want the 39% tax rate removed on income over $180,000, Christopher Luxon on Morning Report fighting a losing battle again trying to justify National's policy to remove it by saying if we want to attract people like doctors we need to remove the top tax rate.

One of his MP's needs to tell him Australia, our main competitor for doctors have a top tax rate of 45% on income over $180,000, which he would also have to pay plus paying capital gains tax on the 7 properties he owns.

Govt's can't provide more services, better hospitals, cancer drugs, schools teachers etc with less money.
    And governments can't guarantee a higher tax take by raising income tax rates. 39% is getting a fair way up the Laffer curve*.

*a supposed relationship between economic activity and the rate of taxation which suggests that there is an optimum tax rate which maximizes tax revenue.

https://www.investopedia.com/article...ffer-curve.asp
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 17-08-2022 at 01:17 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post

It is an envy tax. Raises bugger all in the scheme of things but satisfies that 65% you quote who expect all the tax be paid by someone else.

You should look at the tax rates in Australia and compare them with NZ. It is less in Australia until you reach $146,325. At $200,000 you pay an extra $2547,

As well Australian GST is less than in New Zealand.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    It is an envy tax. Raises bugger all in the scheme of things but satisfies that 65% you quote who expect all the tax be paid by someone else.

You should look at the tax rates in Australia and compare them with NZ. It is less in Australia until you reach $146,325. At $200,000 you pay an extra $2547,

As well Australian GST is less than in New Zealand.
    Are the Oz tax figures for income tax alone or do they include their Capital gains taxes, stamp duties or Medicare IT surcharge if insufficient private insurance is undertaken for the income level?

The Oz tax system must be built on envy according to some. It is just trying to ensure those who benefit the most from Australia contribute proportionately according to others.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 17-08-2022 at 02:02 PM.

Guru

Are the Oz tax figures for income tax alone or do they include their Capital gains taxes, stamp duties or Medicare IT surcharge if insufficient private insurance is undertaken for the income level?

The Oz tax system must be built on envy according to some. It is just trying to ensure those who benefit the most from Australia contribute proportionately according to others.
    That was simply income tax. How far do you want to compare. We have Acc levy they have medicare. We have a lot higher taxes on fuel they have less.

I also understand that there are ways for earners to reduce tax liability using their retirement fund structure. I don't know the details nor the magnitude.

https://www.ato.gov.au/rates/individ...ome-tax-rates/