sharetrader
Page 37 of 505 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12327102

The drums for change are beating.

Simon simply has to go. He is as ineffective an Opposition leader as David Cuniffe & Andrew Little were.

If there is no change in leadership by June, Labour with all its failed policies and bunch of incompetent nincompoop ministers will be back to dig NZ deeper into an economic mire for another 3 years.
    Couldn't agree more. Bridges will never be P.M. In spite of that he could certainly fill a ministerial role in the next govt. He's clever and experienced, but doesn't have that rare skill to oppose without whining. Key had it in truckloads. Jacinda has it. Simon is a whiner and his voice amplifies it. Demote him National - or hand the election to Labour on a plate.
    I agree with Bob Jones that Labour will lose support before the coming election. He sees a change of Govt. I have no doubt that our economy is in for a hiding and Labour, rightly or wrongly, will take a hammering, so it should be a shoe-in for National. but for Allah's sake Nats - sort out your leadership or stay in opposition.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 24-04-2020 at 09:58 AM.

IMO

There you go, simon has kept digging, as expected,aah well sa la vie; he will eventually find a bottom thats firm; wait theres some one with him holy hell i think its unbalanced!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    There you go, simon has kept digging, as expected,aah well sa la vie; he will eventually find a bottom thats firm; wait theres some one with him holy hell i think its unbalanced!
    Good - means the day of Simon's departure is getting closer.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...ational-leader

Todd Muller has the numbers?
    Yes. If they make him leader asap he might not win the election but he could get the vote up enough to at least save their list members. Then again he might just win. The economy is about to get a kick in the guts, along with high job loss numbers, and that can make a week, a day, or an hour in politics a long time. "

You are all dreaming. Who is Todd Muller

westerly

https://www.odt.co.nz/star-news/star...E2%80%99s-call

As Bob Jones observed, Cindy’s star power will not save Labour when the winter of discontent hits NZ.

Just needs a better Opposition Leader to take the fight to an economic incompetent government.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...ational-leader

Todd Muller has the numbers?
    Yes. If they make him leader asap he might not win the election but he could get the vote up enough to at least save their list members. Then again he might just win. The economy is about to get a kick in the guts, along with high job loss numbers, and that can make a week, a day, or an hour in politics a long time. "

You are all dreaming. Who is Todd Muller

westerly
    Who was Jacinda Adern ?

IMO

So Bridges has outed Muller and Kaye in all but name in attempt to blunt their behind the scenes number building. Hes going to go down fighting no surprises there,its always been about him not his party. Next poll shortly ,if similar will make MP's votes easier esp the list ones. Ive heard Muller speak a few times and he came across really well as an MP, as a leader, well it looks like a big throw of the dice that they have to take. Bennet the former beneficiary who thrived bashing beneficiaries and is on a list wont be missed either.

Bridges definitely needs to go, however....the media keeps talking about the 'devastating' poll number for National of 30%, but keep in mind the party currently running the country only got 36% in the actually election.
    30% is hardly bad news after 2 months of basically no air time, compared to the incumbent, with an extremely unpopular front man. Put Nikki Kaye up and I suspect it would be pretty close.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tga_trader View Post
    Bridges definitely needs to go, however....the media keeps talking about the 'devastating' poll number for National of 30%, but keep in mind the party currently running the country only got 36% in the actually election.
    30% is hardly bad news after 2 months of basically no air time, compared to the incumbent, with an extremely unpopular front man. Put Nikki Kaye up and I suspect it would be pretty close.
    A party with just 30% could still possibly end up as the senior Party in a coalition government. Thankfully gone are the days that a Party with less than 50% of the vote could end up with a landslide majority and push through the most unpopular parts of its manifesto.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    ... Bennet the former beneficiary who thrived bashing beneficiaries and is on a list wont be missed either.
    This gets raised time to time even though it is very old news. IIRC interest free student loans had been in place for several years when the policy you refer to was introduced. The rationale being there was no reason beneficiaries undertaking tertiary education should be treated differently to any other student. In all cases the expectation was that the education would lead to a decent paying job, and even if it didn't repayments were not required until income increased. Same as all students.

That did and does seem very fair to me. I followed it a bit at the time because a friend did a degree and post grad diploma under the scheme, all while her two children were at college. Finished up with a transferable degree and no loans because fees and more were paid by the government and the benefit provided income. Then this person headed off overseas and has been there ever since. Only one example of course.

ETA In the example there were cashies involved to my personal knowledge (the work was done for me) but of course it is always possible the income was fully declared to WINZ and IRD. If you believe that ...
    Last edited by artemis; 20-05-2020 at 12:33 PM.