sharetrader
Page 501 of 505 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505 LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Complete nonsense speak from Luxon who says we can't call for a ceasefire in Gaza 'because the reality is you need the conditions for a ceasefire to be there & that requires both parties wanting to progress a ceasefire.'

Well if we waited until after both Israel & Hamas agree to wanting a ceasefire, we would look a bit ridiculous waiting for a ceasefire before calling for one.

Yes, lets wait until Israel & Hamas want a ceasefire before we call for one !!!

Rookie PM, way out of his depth.
    What is the point in NZ politicians calling for an immediate ceasefire ? Such statements just make us look even more irrelevant & out of our depth. The issues in the Israel-Gaza conflict are much more complicated than that and I suggest the best we can do is to support the work the PM of Qatar is leading in trying to solve this. Not some ridiculous and uninformed statements like we saw from Labour yesterday

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    What is the point in NZ politicians calling for an immediate ceasefire ? Such statements just make us look even more irrelevant & out of our depth. The issues in the Israel-Gaza conflict are much more complicated than that and I suggest the best we can do is to support the work the PM of Qatar is leading in trying to solve this. Not some ridiculous and uninformed statements like we saw from Labour yesterday
    Aw - come on! Hipkins must have them shaking in their boots - calling for a ceasefire.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

My thoughts.
    Yes agreed the conflict is terribly complicated, but I don't understand how anyone could watch the images of the slaughter & suffering of so many innocent school children, women, the elderly, hospital patients, fathers, mothers, etc day after day & not say - this has to stop.

More than any other time in history, around the world millions of people are protesting this ongoing one sided slaughter, & calling for a ceasefire.

NZ has always been a champion of Human rights & International Law & our voice carries weight & influence well beyond our comparatively size.
    This especially in recent years as Jacinda Ardern raised our profile on the global stage, & esp in the Middle East.
    What other countries world leader ever had their image projected on the tallest tower in the world, Dubai's Burj Khalifa with the word Peace written in both English & Arabic.

Ireland, Spain, Belgium have joined others called for a ceasefire & many other countries are calling for a Humanitarian Pause with the pressure growing for a more affirmative response.
    We should all be supporting calls for a stop to the killing which shows no sign of slowing, & calling for a ceasefire.

This is one of the best ways we can support Qatar & the UN's attempts to de-escalate this.
    I think many if not most Kiwi's would feel remaining silent while watching the ongoing sheer scale of this horrific travesty of humanity & International Law, could not continue.
    The way I see it NZ needed to make a stand & am glad at least Hipkins did, since National continue to dither & don't seem to stand for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dln View Post
    Well, it's not looking like a National led govt at the moment...
    Haha great post.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Haha great post.
    Indeed!

Living in cloud Clueless Cindy land as usual.

Wonderful to see the return of sanity into the government rather than the diversity for diversity’s sake of the failed Ardern government of woke, incompetence and hypocrisy.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/rnz...nkanborn-rival

Te WTF Ora, anyone?

Legend

My thoughts.
    Yes agreed the conflict is terribly complicated, but I don't understand how anyone could watch the images of the slaughter & suffering of so many innocent school children, women, the elderly, hospital patients, fathers, mothers, etc day after day & not say - this has to stop.

More than any other time in history, around the world millions of people are protesting this ongoing one sided slaughter, & calling for a ceasefire.

NZ has always been a champion of Human rights & International Law & our voice carries weight & influence well beyond our comparatively size.
    This especially in recent years as Jacinda Ardern raised our profile on the global stage, & esp in the Middle East.
    What other countries world leader ever had their image projected on the tallest tower in the world, Dubai's Burj Khalifa with the word Peace written in both English & Arabic.

Ireland, Spain, Belgium have joined others called for a ceasefire & many other countries are calling for a Humanitarian Pause with the pressure growing for a more affirmative response.
    We should all be supporting calls for a stop to the killing which shows no sign of slowing, & calling for a ceasefire.

This is one of the best ways we can support Qatar & the UN's attempts to de-escalate this.
    I think many if not most Kiwi's would feel remaining silent while watching the ongoing sheer scale of this horrific travesty of humanity & International Law, could not continue.
    The way I see it NZ needed to make a stand & am glad at least Hipkins did, since National continue to dither & don't seem to stand for anything.
    It's such a meaningless gesture it's laughable, although it might have the odd bod pulling out a map to see where this New Zealand place is, and where all the Kiwi's [sic] live.

The Arab Muslim countries (especially Iran) could not believe their luck when Clueless Cindy donned the hijab (and continued to do so despite being told not to months after the ChCh massacre) - the symbol of oppression of women and females in said Muslim countries.

That's why they projected her image with glee and celebration.

And where was Ardern when Iran started brutalising, raping and murdering women for refusing to wear the hijab?

Clueless and useless - Ardern has only ever been interested in her 'brand' and image.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/chr...-wrong-message

"But isn't observing hijab only expected of Muslim females when they hit puberty?" I asked. The man laughed at my naivety, and said: "That's true, but it is best that you make them get used to it in early childhood. Let it grow with and on them while they are easy to control."

"I wonder how many of the young attendees from Zayed College for Girls have actually chosen to veil. And how many of them would be allowed to take it off, if they so wished. I hope the next time Jacinda Ardern feels tempted to appear in a headscarf, she takes a moment first to consider that she could well be sending the Muslim girls of New Zealand, and the world, the wrong message."

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    No I do not want civilians to die, however Hamas are the ones hiding behind civilians and have been doing for ages. Often a willing civilian. I know its a bit more nuanced than that, but I do have a Palestinian cousin and she applauds the IDF.

So not all Palestinians are for Hamas but many are.

Hamas needs to be destroyed, and once they are gone, hopefully Iran will not have a voice in that area of the world.
    Nor should the USA . Wherever there is trouble around the world the USA will be there.

westerly

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Nor should the USA . Wherever there is trouble around the world the USA will be there.

westerly
    Actually I agree with you there.