sharetrader
Page 51 of 505 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

Jane Clifton on form again in BusinessDesk

The errant politicos were all exponents of the surprisingly common philosophy that when you’re in a hole, the only sensible course is vigorous further excavation in the hope of tunnelling your way out. ...

This only ever ends with the hole being filled in by others from a great height with you in it, as the likes of Jami-Lee Ross, Todd Barclay, Clare Curran and now National MP Hamish Walker have found out.
    Walker’s leaking of the names of covid patients to the media was simply the most novel of the week’s pratfalls, with the biggest collateral damage.
    It’s not often a first-term MP manages to get both a party kuia like Michelle Boag, and their own leader into the hole digging alongside them, with the bonus possibility of knocking precious points off the polls going into an election campaign.

And I love the imagery here

The long-time public relations maven bestrides the party as a sort of Boaganvillea – a brightly-plumed climber, extensively branched and with many sharp thorns.
    Her lack of judgement in on-leaking this data to Walker is gob-smacking for such a seasoned operator.
    Seldom has a party deity so drastically forfeited decades of influence

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/j...line-of-eejits (Paywall)
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat
    ...And I love the imagery here

The long-time public relations maven bestrides the party as a sort of Boaganvillea – a brightly-plumed climber, extensively branched and with many sharp thorns....

ROFL definitely a Bogan-villea - That is a great turn of phrase. She was always a divisive figure even in the Nat Party itself.

..and now with Woodhouse, we have two MPs to whom she leaked the information. (Do we have three?) It is not surprising Muller claimed that he did not ask his caucus who had received the information. He could put on a front of channelling Private Shulz and say “I know nothing!”

However if Boag helped steer the Rescue Trust helicopter base to Ardmore, then hats off for that?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 10-07-2020 at 11:02 AM.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Jane Clifton on form again in BusinessDesk

The errant politicos were all exponents of the surprisingly common philosophy that when you’re in a hole, the only sensible course is vigorous further excavation in the hope of tunnelling your way out. ...

This only ever ends with the hole being filled in by others from a great height with you in it, as the likes of Jami-Lee Ross, Todd Barclay, Clare Curran and now National MP Hamish Walker have found out.
    Walker’s leaking of the names of covid patients to the media was simply the most novel of the week’s pratfalls, with the biggest collateral damage.
    It’s not often a first-term MP manages to get both a party kuia like Michelle Boag, and their own leader into the hole digging alongside them, with the bonus possibility of knocking precious points off the polls going into an election campaign.

And I love the imagery here

The long-time public relations maven bestrides the party as a sort of Boaganvillea – a brightly-plumed climber, extensively branched and with many sharp thorns.
    Her lack of judgement in on-leaking this data to Walker is gob-smacking for such a seasoned operator.
    Seldom has a party deity so drastically forfeited decades of influence

Thats is very funny and witty.How could this "kuia" get much stupida".. So much for having a robust opposition party keeping the Govt to account they cant even account for themselves! I guess we will just have to unrely on unbalanced.

So clear that Boag thought she could get back into the game after being locked out by Key & Bridges.

Good riddance to rubbish! 👍😁

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12347030
    Last edited by Balance; 10-07-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Whatever rebound in the opinion polls Muller picked up will surely have been given back, and more, after his "shambolic" week. Talk about own goals, lol

It'll be interesting to see the next poll results, which may well be out tomorrow, but I think Boag's action has killed any chance the Nats might have had (however slim that was anyway)

And no, I'm not a rabid Labour supporter, just telling it as I see it.

Advanced Member

Helen Clark was a master (mistress?) at taking fast action and closing down issues. John Key similarly. Usually the issues faded away, though I note that 'Oravida' still pops up whenever Judith Collins looks like a threat. Not sure anyone remembers, or cares, what it was about though.

Todd Muller has not covered himself with glory in the last few days but he was fairly (only fairly) decisive in the end. I expect he has learned an important lesson.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Helen Clark was a master (mistress?) at taking fast action and closing down issues. John Key similarly. Usually the issues faded away, though I note that 'Oravida' still pops up whenever Judith Collins looks like a threat. Not sure anyone remembers, or cares, what it was about though.

Todd Muller has not covered himself with glory in the last few days but he was fairly (only fairly) decisive in the end. I expect he has learned an important lesson.

One of the Herald's business reporters has suggested there's more to come out on this story.

Imo Todd Muller needs to fire Woodhouse too & he's going to be a lingering sore.
    Deleting the emails after learning there was going to be a Commission of Enquiry casts serious doubts around his integrity, but the photo of Woodhouse, the shadow minister of Health, holding up a toilet seat with a photo of a womens face on it as a trophy will come back to haunt him & would go around the world's media if he was ever to become a Minister of Health in a National Govt.
    Can you imagine Muller awkwardly trying to explain that away to UK media or CNN etc.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    One of the Herald's business reporters has suggested there's more to come out on this story.

Imo Todd Muller needs to fire Woodhouse too & he's going to be a lingering sore.
    Deleting the emails after learning there was going to be a Commission of Enquiry casts serious doubts around his integrity, but the photo of Woodhouse, the shadow minister of Health, holding up a toilet seat with a photo of a womens face on it as a trophy will come back to haunt him & would go around the world's media if he was ever to become a Minister of Health in a National Govt.
    Can you imagine Muller awkwardly trying to explain that away to UK media or CNN etc.
    Assuming he’s using the Parliamentary Service computer, he can’t actually delete anything completely. The computers are regularly backed up. Even if they weren’t, the recycle bin will have those deleted files in it. Even if that didn’t work, deleted files leave a ‘shadow’ that can be recovered using forensic data software. Question is probably less about deleting them and recovering, more about why this low life had them in the first place and then tried to cover his tracks by removing them. Muller sure has his hands full with these miscreants surfacing every week, seems he needs to ‘drain the swamp’ quickly or there’s no hope of a non controversial lead in to the election. Arguably He’s toast already.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post

Just imagining him as the next PM is bad enough...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Just imagining him as the next PM is bad enough...
    You needn't fear. It's unlikely he will win, and if he did you would be escaping a useless mob with a charismatic leader - which is worse then an excellent mob with a useless leader.