sharetrader
Page 57 of 505 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    As for Comrade Cindy & her team of incompetents - NZ will be the biggest loser out of all of this as one can envisage more & bigger disasters ahead from them if they get re-elected as government.

The shambolic disaster which is Kiwibuild is but a foretaste of what Comrade Cindy is about - big promises with zero chance of delivery.
    National doesn't stand a chance.
    Maybe they can get their act together in time for 2023.

Guru

Muller looked dammed uncomforable last week with the whole Walker/Boag/Woodhouse episode and obviously got caught out telling a wee fib - IMO. Probably jumped before blew up further......

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    National doesn't stand a chance.
    Maybe they can get their act together in time for 2023.
    Yes. Labour / Greens will win by default; hopefully without Winston and his mob.
    And when all said and done that won't be too bad - given their inability to get anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    You have to wonder don't you.
    He had a plan to make it all better, he was the man for the job. Turns out he was just a dreamer - he had a dream.
    Better he accepts reality than drag the pain on for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Yes. Labour / Greens will win by default; hopefully without Winston and his mob.
    And when all said and done that won't be too bad - given their inability to get anything done.
    Except identity politics in everything..NZ first, people do not fess up to supporting them, so like Trump..just wait and see...

Trouble with Muller was that he couldn't answer a question with a frown,swish his hair and point to another sycophant sitting in the gallery.
    Maybe he had to much integrity.

Guru

Going on the media to tell untruths all the time, affecting some people's mental health and the prospects for our economic recovery, for a political reason... does not strike me as integrity imo.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 14-07-2020 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    Trouble with Muller was that he couldn't answer a question with a frown,swish his hair and point to another sycophant sitting in the gallery.
    Maybe he had to much integrity.
    He is no politician. And that is a compliment indeed!

Guru

He is no politician. And that is a compliment indeed!
    He was part of a team under Theo which trashed fonterra so it would be best for him to retire rather than shuffle sideways to a board somewhere.

Toddy has done the right and honorable thing but what has happened points a dagger at the heart of National - they have chosen 2 dud leaders in a row!

Expect ACT to be a huge beneficiary of the debacle - a good thing under the circumstances for NZ.

As for Comrade Cindy & her team of incompetents - NZ will be the biggest loser out of all of this as one can envisage more & bigger disasters ahead from them if they get re-elected as government. Kiwibuild is but a foretaste.
    Agree that ACT will gain from this debacle. Not so sure though, whether this is a good thing for NZ. While I used to support them in the past - I find it really difficult to support them now since they work hard to turn their party into the NZ wing of the NRA.

While I see that there are people who feel that their right to wear semiautomatic weapons is more important than a working democracy, a good health system, tackling climate change, addressing child poverty, improving state education or repairing our justice system (to name just some of the problems we are facing) ... do I fail to understand how anybody can focus in this day and age on the firearm laws (and they clearly don't wont to make the more stringent).

Anyway - ACT lost me ... but I am sure that the bunch of trigger happy gun owners they are now courting will make up for this loss. Pity - no liberal party left in NZ.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)