sharetrader
Page 61 of 505 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I see Collins must have taken the MAGA hat from Muller. She is vowing to “take back our country from the current lot.”
    It
    sounds like the sort of populist stament you hear from Trump or Brexiters.
    Great isn't it. Good to see her fighting for what she believes in. I think she is a true patriot. She said last night that NZ is her home and she would not want to live elsewhere. Lets take back this country from the current lot of wreckers Judith.

Guru

What about those in their own team though.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-07-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Great isn't it. Good to see her fighting for what she believes in. I think she is a true patriot.
    It is good to see that she believes.
    I'm not sure what a patriot really is - are you saying that Jacinda isn't, or anyone else in Parliamant for that matter?

Seems to me a little bit poacher turned game keeper.
    New National Party leader Judith Collins has 'learned from mistakes' and shedding dirty politics
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...dirty-politics

I don't think they can change that fast - dirty politics is in their DNA.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    It is good to see that she believes.
    I'm not sure what a patriot really is - are you saying that Jacinda isn't, or anyone else in Parliamant for that matter?

Seems to me a little bit poacher turned game keeper.
    New National Party leader Judith Collins has 'learned from mistakes' and shedding dirty politics
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...dirty-politics

I don't think they can change that fast - dirty politics is in their DNA.
    'Their DNA' That's a particularly silly comment. Like every other party, National is comprised of a wide variety of individuals. They do not roll out of a printing press.
    Try thinking before posting.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 15-07-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Great to see that Judith has got the role. She will have Cindy for breakfast and spit her out. I see the market has already shifted toward national. I like the optics too of her having was it 51 MP's with her at last nights press event post the meeting as opposed to Muller who had just Kaye with him. National will do well and Labour needs to watch out. A week is a long time in politics, 8 weeks even longer.

You really think so? You might be right but with respect sounds more like hope & bravado than based on evidence.
    Jacinda Adern is an historic PM, 80% Plus approval for handling the current crisis, most liked & trusted PM in a century.
    Judith Collins despised by some in her own caucus, previously rejected 3 times and last off the rank choice to lead her own party, which many political commentators say shows how unravelled National has become.
    You really think the National caucus is unified behind Judith ? Might last 24 hours.

Going to be interesting for sure.

Sorry for Muller, he seemed a decent man.

Guru

She knows how all this politics/law stuff works inside out so will save the furniture for the Nats. If she does a decent job too maybe her colleagues will decide if she stays on. She did score some hits on Twyford in the media part of the role which is important for an opposition.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 15-07-2020 at 06:10 PM.

percy

Looks as this though election will be The Young and the Restless ,verses The Old and the Dodgy....lol.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    She knows how all this politics/law stuff works inside out so will save the furniture for the Nats. If she does a decent job too maybe her colleagues will decide if she stays on. She did score some hits on Twyford at least in the media part of the role.
    Win or, probably, lose, I see Judith C staying as leader after the election. There's no one else with her experience, tenacity and skill on either side - except possibly Winston!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Win or, probably, lose, I see Judith C staying as leader after the election. There's no one else with her experience, tenacity and skill on either side - except possibly Winston!
    Yes another incredible force winston peters. Amazing how many inquiries he's been through and emerged relatively intact.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 15-07-2020 at 11:45 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post

Yes agree, there's no one else & think she will bring back a lot of votes to National which were in danger of bleeding away to ACT or the new Conservative party.