sharetrader
Page 70 of 505 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    List them then, for us who are ignorant; list every policy in the coalition document that has been delivered. It’s your duty as a paid party shill that has not denied your responsibility to defend the labour government. Earn your money. Honestly, we have no idea what your on about achieving anything.
    Not a bad thing to have different points of view in forums, even political ones. I have wondered, though, what attracts posters to mainly the political on a share site, and conclude that members here are more than averagely influential. So a decent quality of debate is more likely than on say Twitter, and there is always the chance to sway opinions (and votes).

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Not a bad thing to have different points of view in forums, even political ones. I have wondered, though, what attracts posters to mainly the political on a share site, and conclude that members here are more than averagely influential. So a decent quality of debate is more likely than on say Twitter, and there is always the chance to sway opinions (and votes).
    Nicely said - so long as the debate is kept to the subject rather than the debators.
    Different people have different viaws and there is always something new to learn from that.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I could write an essay on this but you need to do your own research as clearly you have been guessing and making mistakes in your posts .
    You do need to remember his name-Dr Shane Reti-to begin your research .
    Presumably "Dr Shane" would do something in his role. This work would overlap with the stuff that bloomfield and others are already doing.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-07-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Presumably "Dr Shane" would do something in his role. This work would overlap with the stuff that bloomfield and others are already doing.

Labour has left it, appropriately, to the experts. Politicians can't fix much.
    For those that do not know him the name is Dr Reti .
    Labour has not left it to the health experts.
    They have set up the whole system of re-introducing Covid-19 to NZ .

Guru

You're not really making sense now :\

No community cases and all of our cases are at the border (which is where national wants more to come in).
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 16-07-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Sure, but in my view the worst option at all. Not voting created the unbelievable mess both the UK and the US are currently in. Bad politicians and crooks are brought into power by good people who don't vote.

I am both conservative (in the sense of protecting good human values) and I feel that integrity in politics is crucial. I voted over the last couple of decades mainly for either National or ACT.
    I understand. I voted for key twice and the other side was unsupportable during the phase of Cunliffe so gave my vote to Winnie to counter the asset sales agenda. Though they have upped their game and I'm of the view now they are better for the economy & society than National even if Key came back.

NZ super fund and kiwisaver were really good and positive policies, and financially sensible.

Advanced Member

You're not really making sense :\

No community cases and all our cases are at the border (where national wants more to come in).
    I really did not know National wanted more Covid cases to come in.
    When you say all our cases are at the border do you mean central Auckland Hotels?.
    If so the virus is drifting in the air ready to infect anyone in the community who enters all those hotels

Guru

All of the people in isolation have been wearing masks so the risk is low.

Listen to epidemoligists and experts not news commentators. also it pays to watch international news sometimes to have some awareness of what is happening around NZ

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    For those that do not know him the name is Dr Reti .
    Labour has not left it to the health experts.
    They have set up the whole system of re-introducing Covid-19 to NZ .
    Coming from you thats disapointing and plain wrong. Just political spin.And its up to you to share what you know about Dr Reti on this thread, please do. What little i have read and heard from him i like.

Advanced Member

You're not really making sense :\

No community cases and all our cases are at the border (where national wants more to come in).
    No community cases that we know of.