sharetrader
Page 71 of 505 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

Guru

I'm enjoying level one and going to cafes in a safe environment. contact tracing has not picked up any cases so its unlikely.

Other than at the border which some other team wants to fling open more, or not, depending on the time of the week.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-07-2020 at 04:54 PM.

IMO

Gordon Campbell: On National's Great Leap Backwards
    "Flash forward to 2020, and to Nicky Hager’s depiction of the Judith Collins that he documented in depth over the course of writing his book Dirty Politics:

The chapter recounts where she recommended to [blogger Cameron] Slater about some National Party internal politics: "Personally I would be out for total destruction... But then I've learned to give is better than to receive." She called it the "double" rule: "always reward with Double"; and said "If you can't be loved, then best to be feared."
    "That is Muldoonism, in a nutshell. If you can’t destroy them, make them fear you. Welcome to the National Party, where - once again- an inflated sense of self-esteem is being marketed as strength."

Spare us - Gordon Campbell, the ex Green propaganda man!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Agree that ACT will gain from this debacle. Not so sure though, whether this is a good thing for NZ. While I used to support them in the past - I find it really difficult to support them now since they work hard to turn their party into the NZ wing of the NRA.

While I see that there are people who feel that their right to wear semiautomatic weapons is more important than a working democracy, a good health system, tackling climate change, addressing child poverty, improving state education or repairing our justice system (to name just some of the problems we are facing) ... do I fail to understand how anybody can focus in this day and age on the firearm laws (and they clearly don't wont to make the more stringent).

Anyway - ACT lost me ... but I am sure that the bunch of trigger happy gun owners they are now courting will make up for this loss. Pity - no liberal party left in NZ.
    Their gun policy is not finalised, but after speaking to David Seymour I am confident it will be developed to be sensible and safe.

https://www.act.org.nz/firearms

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...&embedded=true

I listened to Judith Collins on Magic radio interview today and thought she came across well - not the hardened old bat of old. I will probably vote Act (list) and can see a sensible/ workable coalition with National. I am not impressed with Winston First or the Greens, so that lot are off my list; that takes Labour off my list also.
    I always use my vote in the most effective way against the party I least want - Act will serve that purpose best.
    I was never a Collins fan, but the way she came across today- I'm expecting a big jump in National's polling.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 16-07-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Guru

I think it's unlikely
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-07-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Coming from you thats disapointing and plain wrong. Just political spin.And its up to you to share what you know about Dr Reti on this thread, please do. What little i have read and heard from him i like.
    I do not do political spin .
    In fact I do not trust Judith Collins and probably will not vote for National in this election .
    Dr Reti enjoys helping disadvantaged people-even held free medical clinics for them in Northland .
    Try looking him up in Wikipaedia

Guru
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 16-07-2020 at 07:23 PM.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12348616

Real reason why Nikki Kaye decided to call it a day - must be the worse possible experience to back Todd Muller who was not up to the job.

So good on her to quit politics and do other things. Well done, Nikki & all the best.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    saving 9 billion dollars over 4 years is not what most people would regard as economically incompetent lol

Guru

Saving 9 billion of what? printed money owned by our domestically owned reserve bank (unlike the nats who borrowed offshore).
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-07-2020 at 04:47 PM.