sharetrader
Page 73 of 505 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

Guru

where are their policies though?
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-07-2020 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Opposition is not a happy place - that’s for sure. The difference between National & Labour is that National MPs have lives & professions out of politics unlike the career politicians of Labour.
    You don't want to convey the message that Labour politicians are professionals and National politicians are just amateurs, do you?

I think I remember quite capable politicians on both sides ... and yes, there have been duds on both sides as well. Just remember this disaster on two legs whom National made MP for Southland. Forgot his name already, though I think there was some reference to walking away in it, wasn't it?

I guess, he was probably just working on his bachelor in dirty politics and he failed miserably - and this was not due to lack of being mean ...

We do agree however - the behavior of this National MP was absolutely unacceptable and both highly unprofessional as well as plain dumb, as was the behavior of the previous National Party president (Michelle Boag).

Ah well, maybe that is what you want to convey - better avoid the unprofessional politicians coming from National ....

Cheers for letting us know, I will keep this in mind.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Opposition is not a happy place - that’s for sure. The difference between National & Labour is that National MPs have lives & professions out of politics unlike the career politicians of Labour.

It's pointless meeting every observation of the National Party with rabid criticism of Labour and half baked wild assertions.
    The loss of 18 National MP's in one term is hardly something to ignore, & many will interpret that as indicating the Party is in a lot of distress, at the moment.
    Add to that the infighting, now on their 4th leader in this single term, & loss of senior National party Kuia Michelle Boag in disgrace, & to any neutral observer, they hardly look like a party capable of running the country, except to their most ardent fan base.

Just a couple of examples, Paul Goldsmith, at Nbr 4 & Finance spokesperson, previous experience to becoming an MP worked as a speechwriter for Phil Goff & John Banks, & wrote a history book.
    Or at Nbr 8, Chris Bishop, previous experience worked behind the scenes in Parliament as a researcher/adviser for National & a stint as a tobacco lobbyist ( sort of thing you might prefer to delete from your CV).
    Obviously they're no different to some Labour politicians.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    It's pointless meeting every observation of the National Party with rabid criticism of Labour and half baked wild assertions.
    The loss of 18 National MP's in one term is hardly something to ignore, & many will interpret that as indicating the Party is in a lot of distress, at the moment.
    Add to that the infighting, now on their 4th leader in this single term, & loss of senior National party Kuia Michelle Boag in disgrace, & to any neutral observer, they hardly look like a party capable of running the country, except to their most ardent fan base.

Just a couple of examples, Paul Goldsmith, at Nbr 4 & Finance spokesperson, previous experience to becoming an MP worked as a speechwriter for Phil Goff & John Banks, & wrote a history book.
    Or at Nbr 8, Chris Bishop, previous experience worked behind the scenes in Parliament as a researcher/adviser for National & a stint as a tobacco lobbyist ( sort of thing you might prefer to delete from your CV).
    Obviously they're no different to some Labour politicians.
    Worry more about the future. Judith Collins is almost certain to complete her next three year term. Jacinda Ardern is almost certain not to, and next rung down Labour's ladder doesn't bear thinking about.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 17-07-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Worry more about the future. Judith Collins is almost certain to complete her next three year term. Jacinda Ardern is almost certain not to, and next rung down Labour's ladder doesn't bear thinking about.
    Not quite sure what you are referring to? I guess I understand that Labor has no alternative, but why would they let her go in the first place?
    ----

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Not quite sure what you are referring to? I guess I understand that Labor has no alternative, but why would they let her go in the first place?
    She is going before the 2023 election. Everyone knows that.

Guru

3 leaders in three months. I think we know who is more likely to go. Though queen judy may have a cache of info to use on other hopefuls to the throne.

My guess is she will last after the election whatever the outcome is.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Everyone ... I guess this makes me no-one?

But glad she apparently confirmed her plans with you ... can you give a guarantee?
    ----

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

Far be it from me to spread gossip. Just keep your ear to the ground.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 17-07-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Pray tell....will we be seeing Baby Neve at the United Nations ?