sharetrader
Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1358

Thread: National - FFS!

  1. #141
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Even Whaleoil is interesting today

    westerly

  2. #142
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Even Whaleoil is interesting today

    westerly
    Any key points? (Slater tends to be a bit one sided - and perhaps smarting from loosing his defamation case. )

  3. #143
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Any key points? (Slater tends to be a bit one sided - and perhaps smarting from loosing his defamation case. )
    I thought Slater had won the case? Or are there multiple cases. Looks like Craig had to pay costs.

  4. #144
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I thought Slater had won the case? Or are there multiple cases. Looks like Craig had to pay costs.
    Several cases. Slater vs Craig. Slater lost. Craig Vs Slater. Craig won - but decided Craig was the instigator of his own damage, no damages payable by slater. Craig also slammed for his medium level sexual harassment of Rachel Mcgregor.

  5. #145
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Several cases. Slater vs Craig. Slater lost. Craig Vs Slater. Craig won - but decided Craig was the instigator of his own damage, no damages payable by slater. Craig also slammed for his medium level sexual harassment of Rachel Mcgregor.
    Yeah I get that. But Slater had no costs so in effect he may have not won, but did not lose either. Craig is the one looking terrible out of this whole debacle. Slater had redeeming qualities attributed to him by the judge so on the balance of probabilities he probably won.

  6. #146
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Yeah I get that. But Slater had no costs so in effect he may have not won, but did not lose either. Craig is the one looking terrible out of this whole debacle. Slater had redeeming qualities attributed to him by the judge so on the balance of probabilities he probably won.
    He can certainly call it a moral victory. Unlike Craig the hypocritical Christian values piece of sh1t. I hope he gets as fvcked over by the judge in the McGrgor trial has he has dealt to her.

  7. #147
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    He can certainly call it a moral victory. Unlike Craig the hypocritical Christian values piece of sh1t. I hope he gets as fvcked over by the judge in the McGrgor trial has he has dealt to her.
    Can't argue with that. He has a lot to answer for and he is still trying to make McGregor's life a misery with his continued legal shenannigans. Good to see the Judge call him out for what he did, and attributing the defamation as of his own making.

  8. #148
    Dilettante
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Down & out
    Posts
    3,555

    Default

    The Herald's interesting take on events https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12148840

  9. #149
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The Herald's interesting take on events https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12148840
    It's only a matter of time before the female MP is named. That could well be the next saga if that article is anywhere near realistic.

  10. #150
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The Herald's interesting take on events https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12148840
    That doesnt suit the conspiracy theorists

  11. #151
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,968

    Default

    Bridges ringing Slater! Its like he secretly wants to be rolled!. Keep digging simon.

    Meanwhile if you havn't read the book here is some tasters and even parts that weren't in the book and its free ,to give one a brief intro insiders guide to dirty politics all the way up to judith collins & john key.
    Dirty Politics, 2018: Nicky Hager assesses the Jami-Lee Ross saga

  12. #152
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,968

    Default

    Nicky Hagar suggesting there may be a concerted effort to roll Bridges going on. If so who else would be behind it? Obvious person is Judith Collins and she has the history and dirty friends to do it. She may have the lust but has a few big holes in her personality/ credibility about what is acceptable and what is not.

    What about someone like Mark Mitchell the stone face assassin? He put his name up, fishing for support for the leadership then withdrew it . I think he used Lusk to eliminate other candidates for the electorate he won.

    He came out before his leader saying he was strongly opposed to using the Waka jumping bill to dump Jamie L Ross. And Bennett, a dangerous deceptive, scheming tactician behind the scenes as can be heard in the latest tape released.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 05-11-2018 at 11:36 PM.

  13. #153
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Nicky Hagar suggesting there may be a concerted effort to roll Bridges going on. If so who else would be behind it? Obvious person is Judith Collins and she has the history and dirty friends to do it. She may have the lust but has a few big holes in her personality/ credibility about what is acceptable and what is not.

    What about someone like Mark Mitchell the stone face assassin? He put his name up, fishing for support for the leadership then withdrew it . I think he used Lusk to eliminate other candidates for the electorate he won.

    He came out before his leader saying he was strongly opposed to using the Waka jumping bill to dump Jamie L Ross. And Bennett, a dangerous deceptive, scheming tactician behind the scenes as can be heard in the latest tape released.
    You should think of writing books. There is always a market for good fiction.

    In my opinion you have Slater using a sick person for his own agenda.

  14. #154
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,968

    Default

    Would be a boring world with only one's own opinion in it. You read books?

    Yes im thinking Slater / Lusk etc may be using Jamie L R who is paying him/them,but maybe as a smokescreen for other payer/players , now involved, opportunity knocks , for MP's who are playing a deeper, longer game, to become leader for example. this is what maybe Nicky Hagar is alluding to .

    And remember Slater etc are mercenaries and they need to be paid.

  15. #155
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Would be a boring world with only one's own opinion in it. You read books?

    Yes im thinking Slater / Lusk etc may be using Jamie L R who is paying him/them,but maybe as a smokescreen for other payer/players , now involved, opportunity knocks , for MP's who are playing a deeper, longer game, to become leader for example. this is what maybe Nicky Hagar is alluding to .

    And remember Slater etc are mercenaries and they need to be paid.
    It really isnt news that Bridges is not highly regarded. He was selected because National need a fresh "young" face to counter the Adern affect. Wouldn't have been my choice - I would have put collins in as an attack dog for a couple of years and then bought Bridges (or another) in to front the election campaign.

    It would be truly odious if Slater or Lusk were using JLR - he is obviously an ill man. No-one should be exploiting him during such a time.

    ( As for the latest tape release - I reckon Bridges and Bennet were doing a pretty good job trying to let a man move along with some dignity. Unfortunately, given the fact the conversation was being subversively recorded JLR was too far gone for that.)

  16. #156
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,968

  17. #157
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    That will upset the proportionality of Parliament. Expect to see Waka Jumping invoked in no time.

  18. #158
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    That will upset the proportionality of Parliament. Expect to see Waka Jumping invoked in no time.
    Taking JLR aboard would be a bit hypocritical for Winnie, wouldn't it!!!

  19. #159
    Dilettante
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Down & out
    Posts
    3,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    That will upset the proportionality of Parliament. Expect to see Waka Jumping invoked in no time.
    No it won;t as Winnie says he will vote this particular vote with National. What a farce.

    Yes you are right FP about Winnie. There is no limit to his hypocrisy and double standards.

  20. #160
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    No it won;t as Winnie says he will vote this particular vote with National. What a farce.
    .
    Voting the same way that national does is not the same as a National vote. It is simply against (presumably) a piece of legislation. Same as when NZ First vote "for " a piece of Labour legislation - thats not a labour vote. Its a For vote.

    Proportionality is about having the same number of National votes recognised. Not the same number of for / against votes.

    What happens in a conscience vote?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •