sharetrader
Page 90 of 505 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Perhaps not - if he had used his official Paris trip to enjoy a romantic interlude as alleged.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-his-dismissal

'Carrying coals to Newcastle.'

I have it on good authority that you can purchase the same services over there, with the added bonus of an exotic foreign flavour. It's a bit like going on holiday and taking your own kitchen sink - you know there'll be one there.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 24-07-2020 at 09:44 AM.

National MP Hamish Walker has been granted leave from Parliament and is set to collect around $60,000 on the taxpayer.

Outrageous

And therein lies the final irony - that if Comrade Cindy had fired him from his ministerial positions, he would still be a MP today and stand in the election.

I actually feel sorry for him and for his wife and daughter. It is a huge huge price he has paid.
    News reports say he was in a consensual relationship but I bet it his wife didn’t consent to him cheating on her. So I do not agree that “as long as it’s legal, it’s none of our business what MPs get up to in their private time.” It is a massive breach of trust with his wife and family and his affair would have involved lots of dishonesty and lies. That is not the sort of person I want as a politician.

Former National Party MP Chester Borrows said Lees-Galloway had to go, as voters do not trust someone who has been shown to be deceitful.
    "And actually, interoffice relationships, power inequities in relationships has been in the news for the last few years. Think of the law firms, the Defence Force, those sorts of things," he said.
    "It is a question of integrity for a minister and the public will be thinking, 'well if he's prepared to lie to his wife, he will lie to us'. So it is about the integrity of the Cabinet.
    "It is an affair that's going on alongside being in a married relationship. People will say that's a moral question, but when it comes to whether you can trust what people say or what they do, it's inconsistent with somebody who is supposed to be able to be held to account and [tell] the truth to the public."

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...r-borrows.html

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    News reports say he was in a consensual relationship but I bet it his wife didn’t consent to him cheating on her. So I do not agree that “as long as it’s legal, it’s none of our business what MPs get up to in their private time.” It is a massive breach of trust with his wife and family and his affair would have involved lots of dishonesty and lies. That is not the sort of person I want as a politician.

Former National Party MP Chester Borrows said Lees-Galloway had to go, as voters do not trust someone who has been shown to be deceitful.
    "And actually, interoffice relationships, power inequities in relationships has been in the news for the last few years. Think of the law firms, the Defence Force, those sorts of things," he said.
    "It is a question of integrity for a minister and the public will be thinking, 'well if he's prepared to lie to his wife, he will lie to us'. So it is about the integrity of the Cabinet.
    "It is an affair that's going on alongside being in a married relationship. People will say that's a moral question, but when it comes to whether you can trust what people say or what they do, it's inconsistent with somebody who is supposed to be able to be held to account and [tell] the truth to the public."

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...r-borrows.html
    Quite right. This is about lack of integrity of a senior politician. Once a liar, always a liar. As well - no matter whether the female involved wanted to have an affair with her married boss or not - given the power imbalance between them will we never know whether the concern about keeping her job or otherwise not advancing in her career was part of the implied deal. Absolutely unacceptable in this day and age.

Apart from that - Lees-Galloway was anyway the ugly face of the current government. His arrogance and lack of empathy when commenting about the suffering of innocent people who his government locked out of their home country during the current crisis without any notice is second to none "we all had to make sacrifices". His sacrifice was probably not to be able to start another affair, while the people he commented about had to deal with being de-rooted from their job and life and families in NZ and he didn't care. We clearly don't need arrogant liars and hypocrites in our government. Good riddance.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post

Good! Sets the scene for a rebound next poll.

Obviously a rogue poll but it still confirms that NZF & Winston are gone burgers. 😁

IMO

Rogue poll?I dont think so,rogue leader witth a dirty history ,yes..Some supporters here need to readjust their own moral compass.Greatto see most kiwis dont need to!

Advanced Member

25% wow, that's shocking, another 23 MP's gone if this was the election.
    The knives will be out this week, the reason for the Caucus's known apprehension & reluctance to hand Judith the reins has materialised.
    There was little unity before, but after this!
    Don't think the excuse it was a rogue poll will give MP's much confidence, as Tova OBrien says, in reality it continues the existing trend borne out in other polls.
    Todd lasted 53 days, there's 55 days to the election, you have to wonder if his record is at risk of being broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    25% wow, that's shocking, another 23 MP's gone if this was the election.
    The knives will be out this week, the reason for the Caucus's known apprehension & reluctance to hand Judith the reins has materialised.
    There was little unity before, but after this!
    Don't think the excuse it was a rogue poll will give MP's much confidence, as Tova OBrien says, in reality it continues the existing trend borne out in other polls.
    Todd lasted 53 days, there's 55 days to the election, you have to wonder if his record is at risk of being broken.
    yawn - what a load of garbage.

Advanced Member

yawn - what a load of garbage.

Many National supporters will understandably be extremely disappointed with this result but the first 4 lines are not opinions, they're facts, unless you really believe it was a rogue poll.
    You might be right but just pointing out Tova did said it was continuing the trend.
    What do you think John Key & Bill English, & Judith Collins & those MP's will be thinking, I can guarantee they won't be yawning.
    Judith was put in to save the furniture & tomorrow there's going to be panic & recriminations, its not going to be a happy harmonious caucus.
    Time to face reality, this is a shocking poll less than 2 months out from the election.
    Whether Judith lasts till the election is speculation, but polling indicates rolling Bridges was a mistake.
    I don't know what's next but National can't ignore the prospect of losing 23 MP's.
    What would you suggest, or would you stick with the status quo?