sharetrader
Page 94 of 505 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

I did find it ironic that Labour implemented the changes to KS allowing for a deposit on a home, while at the same time attempting to stifle runaway housing prices. Perhaps they didn't understand the cause and effect.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    There is a Kiwisaver scheme which is supported via Govt and employer.
    There is nothing stopping a person setting up their own saving scheme using direct credits and 'kiwisaver like' managed funds.
    So why not have a KiwiSaver and A KiwiSuper. Introduce another formally regulated scheme which is not a pension age specific savings scheme? Perhaps introduce a rebate for any contributions made out of taxed income up to an annual maximum amount? Divert more money away from investment in investor residential real estate?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 29-07-2020 at 02:34 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    So why not have a KiwiSaver and A KiwiSuper. Introduce another formally regulated scheme which is not a pension age specific savings scheme? Perhaps introduce a rebate for any contributions made out of taxed income up to an annual maximum amount? Divert more money away from investment in investor residential real estate?
    Why not? Why? There are already lots of 'kiwisaver' like products people can use. Why add more complexity?

Advanced Member

Geez if you want to see Judith Collins & her arguments for the KiwiSaver business policy being completely eviscerated by Jacinda Adern in Parliament today, watch, Question 1, Hon Judith Collin to the PM, Oral Questions in Parliament.

Judith no match for the PM with Adern's detailed grasp of policy.
    Judith Collins will need to do much better than this as leader.

Apart from that, there are already existing forms of govt support packages for starting up a business (which I didn't realise) which mean people don't have to gamble with their retirement savings.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 29-07-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Geez if you want to see Judith Collins & her arguments for the KiwiSaver business policy being completely eviscerated by Jacinda Adern in Parliament today, watch, Question 1, Hon Judith Collin to the PM, Oral Questions in Parliament.

Apart from that, there are already existing forms of govt support packages for starting up a business (which I didn't realise) which mean people don't have to gamble with their retirement savings.
    https://ondemand.parliament.nz/parli...?itemId=214894

Jacinda absolutely annihilated Collins. They are poles apart in their knowledge and understanding of policy. Collins is well and truly out of her depth.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Jacinda absolutely annihilated Collins. They are poles apart in their knowledge and understanding of policy. Collins is well and truly out of her depth.
    This is the same Cindy who promised 16,000 Kiwibuild houses but delivered less than 400?

If you want definition of 'out of her depth', then you have just read it.
    Last edited by Balance; 29-07-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Advanced Member

... there are already existing forms of govt support packages for starting up a business (which I didn't realise) which mean people don't have to gamble with their retirement savings.
    Not nearly as simple to access as one's own money. Possibly the covid money is easier than the WINZ money though, I haven't checked.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Not really justakiwi. It was a series of one liners that sounded like roll up one and all and collect your free money to start a business. I have some knowledge of the main WINZ business startup scheme, there are lots of rules and hoops and targeted at beneficiaries. No help to the airline attendant stacking shelves to keep going meantime.

I was referring to the way the two of them presented themselves more than the content of the exchange. Collin’s questions were not well constructed and were mostly “closed-ended” questions that could have been answered with a “yes” or “no” had Jacinda chosen to do that. Jacinda is by far, the better speaker. She always comes prepared, she does her homework and has a good recall of the details of policies. She is able to think on her feet and she very rarely hesitates or stumbles over her answers to questions. Collins just doesn’t have that.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Not really justakiwi. It was a series of one liners that sounded like roll up one and all and collect your free money to start a business. I have some knowledge of the main WINZ business startup scheme, there are lots of rules and hoops and targeted at beneficiaries. No help to the airline attendant stacking shelves to keep going meantime.