sharetrader
Page 97 of 505 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: National - FFS!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    It's an observation for goodness sake, is the combative language really necessary?
    Combative language is typical of bullies. Trump uses it all the time. It is generally used to deflect from the lack of actual message.
    Same as the repitition - working on the basis that if you say it often enough it will become a truth and stick. Trump uses that all the time also.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Combative language is typical of bullies. Trump uses it all the time. It is generally used to deflect from the lack of actual message.
    Same as the repitition - working on the basis that if you say it often enough it will become a truth and stick. Trump uses that all the time also.
    Promising 16,000 houses under Kiwibuild and delivering less than 400 is a fact, right?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Promising 16,000 houses under Kiwibuild and delivering less than 400 is a fact, right?
    Not sure about the numbers - did they manage to do 400?
    The point is you harp on about it hoping someone will care.
    Calm down, you will do yourself an injury (RSI at the very least).

Not sure about the numbers - did they manage to do 400?
    The point is you harp on about it hoping someone will care.
    Calm down, you will do yourself an injury (RSI at the very least).
    No sweat, dobby41.

First home buyers out there care - maybe you don't because of the woke pixie dust in your eyes but don't assume nobody else does.

Guru

No sweat, dobby41.

First home buyers out there care - maybe you don't because of the woke pixie dust in your eyes but don't assume nobody else does.
    Actually they don't care about Kiwibuild - they just want a house.
    There are other, better ways (IMO) to do that.
    Kiwibuild was never going to succeed as there were never enough builders etc to make them (I can see that through the 'woke pixie dust' because I don't have a soap box to stand on).
    Maybe if you stopped the Trump like name calling you'd be seen to have more credibility.

Kiwibuild was never going to succeed as there were never enough builders etc to make them (I can see that through the 'woke pixie dust' because I don't have a soap box to stand on).
    Maybe if you stopped the Trump like name calling you'd be seen to have more credibility.

Advanced Member

Probably correct that there were not enough tradies. However, have to wonder about the depth of planning done since Kiwibuild was introduced as flagship Labour policy in 2012. (Not wondering really, it is obvious.) That was the real failure.

In other news, there are hundreds of completed Kiwibuild homes waiting for buyers, and over a thou under construction. Small problem - they are quite clearly not what buyers want. They did sell 14 in June though. So much for the extensive consultation Labour did with experts on demand. Maybe those experts had skin in the game. (Labour said they consulted with experts.)

Last year I read that the Kiwibuild Unit had over 30 FTE staff, some on big bucks, and this did not include consultants and contractors. Think that was in one of the many Kiwibuild written Parliamentary questions. Not just a fail, an epic fail!

PS 'woke pixie dust' sounds like an understatement.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Probably correct that there were not enough tradies. However, have to wonder about the depth of planning done since Kiwibuild was introduced as flagship Labour policy in 2012. (Not wondering really, it is obvious.) That was the real failure.

In other news, there are hundreds of completed Kiwibuild homes waiting for buyers, and over a thou under construction. Small problem - they are quite clearly not what buyers want. They did sell 14 in June though. So much for the extensive consultation Labour did with experts on demand. Maybe those experts had skin in the game. (Labour said they consulted with experts.)

Last year I read that the Kiwibuild Unit had over 30 FTE staff, some on big bucks, and this did not include consultants and contractors. Think that was in one of the many Kiwibuild written Parliamentary questions. Not just a fail, an epic fail!

PS 'woke pixie dust' sounds like an understatement.
    Absolutely agree that they should have known - it was quite obvious to anyone who had even a passing association to house building.
    PS - I don't even know what 'woke pixie dust' means but it is a nice sound bite like Trumps many names he likes to call people when he is short on anything with substance.

/start of rant/

Balance,

I think everybody got this fact by now. Labor made one promise re housing and didn't manage to deliver. Terrible - but so did other parties. Again and again and again. Still - some will see that as showstoppers (and most of them had Labor anyway on their never vote for list) and some will see it as one fact next to many others ... and they might even be able to step back and see both achievements and failures of all parties in a bit more balanced way than you seem to do.

I guess I get it that there are some narrow minded people who don't seem to be able to overlook the speck in some others parties eye. Sad, but this is how humans are. However - it is not a trait anybody needs to be proud of. Are you one of these people?

I don't know which (if any) party you are supporting, but would you think it is possible you could at some stage contribute something positive to this thread instead of continuously regurgitating a small number of failures of this one party? I am sure they did something right as well ... but if not, then I am sure the recent polls are all wrong and the elections will fix it. Change the record, pal ...

Ah yes - and what about the other side? Most of the problems we have these days (like housing crisis, climate crisis, strained health system, under delivering education system) have actually been created and widely ignored over decades by both Labour as well as National governments. For heavens sake ... open the other eye!

Look - I am not even sure what you exactly want to achieve with this broken record strategy? In a nutshell there are basically three types of voter groups:

One of them always votes for the right without using their brain. It is genetically ingrained - close minded people. Are you playing to them as Trump plays to his base? It is just - there is no need to convince them anymore, they are going for National / ACT / or some of the nutcases (like new conservatives, advance new Zealand, ... ) anyway.

Obviously - there is a similar closed minded group of people always voting left. You might annoy some of them, but you certainly won't change any of their voting behavior by playing your broken record ...

... and then there is the third group. It is people with an open mind, and they look prior to the elections which parties and policies might be best for the future of the country. They vote sometimes right, sometimes left, sometimes green and sometimes liberal. Describes my voting behavior (though admittedly I never voted plain left and I hope that of many others in this forum as well.

I doubt your broken record strategy will convince anybody of them. Good decisions need more than just one out of context and ad nausea repeated data point trying to occupy all available bandwidth. Come on, balance - I am sure you could contribute in a more constructive way to this discussion, couldn't you?

/end of rant/
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 30-07-2020 at 11:04 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Absolutely agree that they should have known - it was quite obvious to anyone who had even a passing association to house building.
    PS - I don't even know what 'woke pixie dust' means but it is a nice sound bite like Trumps many names he likes to call people when he is short on anything with substance.

....which is always.